Pay It Forward - new game

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cata_mint

As we don't know how long each cat takes to catch a mouse you could (possibly maybe) say that 3 cats catch x mice in x minutes.
So then my answer is 3.
You could also have it as 4.
If it takes each cat 3 mins to catch a mouse, then you'd need 4 cats as it would take 3 cats 99 mins to catch 99 mice.
But I think there was a hint somewhere that said otherwise.
If the whole 3x3x3 thing is a red herring then I'm going with 3.

How wrong am I?
You got it!

"The same three cats would do. Since these three cats are averaging one mouse per minute, given 100 minutes, the cats could catch 100 mice." is the official answer from the website.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow!
My maths hasn't entirely deserted me!

Its really late where I am, so I'll leave an easy one (its more of a joke than a riddle) and go to bed.

Why does a Frenchman only have one egg for breakfast?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

I haven't played this game at all, but I think I know the answer (can I randomly come in and play?).. is it Maia and CeCe??
Your got it! Gift is coming!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Because that's "un oeuf?" (Pronounced, "enough.")

Proud to say I figured it out without looking it up.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, this is one you can look up...but that would be cheating, and it wouldn't be the cowboy way.

This is my all-time favorite sports trivia question!

A number of the western "heroes" of the westerns in the '60's were real. Among those were Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, and Bat Masterson.

Wyatt was probably a corrupt cop, and after his run-in in Tombstone, AZ, with some enemies went on to serve on the police force in a number of places. He was in Albuquerque, San Francisco, etc., and was at one time in Nome, Alaska, running a house of ill repute (some say his sister was the madame of the house). He finally died at home in bed in Los Angeles, CA, in 1929.

Doc Holliday was a dentist, supposedly afflicted with tuberculosis, who was a friend of Earp. He and Earp separated in Denver; Doc Holliday died in bed in Glenwood Springs in 1887.

So, these two famous gunfighters and lawmen (sort of), against all odd, died in the west in bed with their boots off.

So...what happened to Bat Masterson?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One or two more steps away.

A hint: What he did may have had some effect on his fame from his previous life.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

One or two more steps away.

A hint: What he did may have had some effect on his fame from his previous life.
ok, these are my last 2 guesses - then i'm looking it up!
either became a Pinkerton detective, or joined a Wild West Show like Hickock & Oakley did.