Pawley - and all of us - could use your vibes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Billy and Pawley. Billy was rolling around "murpling" for pets, and Pawley was curious. So I drew the curtain back. Billy saw, but was in a "petting groove," on his back, legs stretched. Pawley "murpled" for pets, so I stuck my hand through the bars, and had two purr monsters. I stopped, and Pawley kept intently watching Bill, who proceeded to reach up and boop him on the nose, LOL! (In a very friendly manner. :D ). Pawley didn't react, just murpled in the question format, and that was that! They both got more pets at the same time and we had a nice purr fest. :heart2:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our little sweetie boy, passed out after playing with the catnip ball (after breakfast). :heart2:

OH! We were able to drop off a stool sample yesterday. Fecal results should be back today! :cross: :cross: :cross:
Catching up here in the thread today!! JUST AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :heart3: :heart2: Could he be anymore comfortable and relaxed. LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!! :D :happy3: :clap:

Excellent on the fecal being negative !!!!! :woohoo: Looks like full speed ahead then !!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap:

p.s. looking back at these pictures again and noticed in this one he is cuddling a blue fleecy toy. :thud: Be still my heart - once again. :heart3:

Last edited:

lrosewiles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So glad Pawley is doing well and terrific news on the fecal samples.  Looks like he is settling in and will soon have everyone (feline as well as human) wrapped around his paws! 

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now that he's feeling better, he spends less time sleeping, and more time out of his hidey bed. He's very curious, and has the cutest head tilt and rrrrrrrrppppp noise he makes. :lol3: He's still very skittish though, and will dart into his hidey bed for safety. :heart2:

He hasn't "officially" met any other kitties - no one else but Bill has been in that bed while Pawley's been out. :lol3:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:heart2:

He hasn't "officially" met any other kitties - no one else but Bill has been in that bed while Pawley's been out. :lol3:
But, unofficially, I bet they have all met. :lol3: :lol2: Maybe when you are not looking or when you are sleeping!!!! :D In fact, since there doesn't seem to be too much interest in Pawley tells me that there is not too much of a worry on their part and they may very well be more inclined to accept him once he is free too! :clap: :cross: :cross: Although, he may hang out in his crate - his safey zone - even when that door opens until he gets more brave to venture out on his own. Of course, as you know, there may be some teeny weeny conflicts at times but overall Pawley does sound just too sweet and I don't think he will be the one wanting to ruffle any feathers. :bigwink: Hoping for that smooth transition to continue on the same path it has been! :cross: Will be really exciting to hear the update on the next step in the process!!!!! On the edge of my seat here thinking about it. :lovegrin: So happy to hear how well he is doing! How cute his little mrrrrrrrrpppppp must be - music to your ears. :heart3: :happy3:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, we didn't completely remove the towel draped over the "back" of his crate, but it's permanently pulled back now. He can see out the front window, watch the kitties use the litter boxes ( :lol3: ), and whoever uses the cat bed on the passenger chair can interact with him if either one wants to. Spooky's been using the bed - and sniffed at him but seemed to care less that he sat there watching her?

So yes, at this point, I'm sure they've all met Pawley. We're just letting him set the pace for now. He seems to have no interest in coming out, so at some point we'll probably just open that crate door (that opens to the passenger chair. I've got shelves for his crate arriving tomorrow, so we'll be able to rearrange things a bit, making floor space available where that crate door is.

Oh - and he likes putting his toys in the water dish. :lol3:

lrosewiles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"Oh - and he likes putting his toys in the water dish"

Ha, I thought I had the only crazy cat (Picassa) who does that.  She regularly gives her stuffed catnip mouse (which she won't share with anyone else, and demands be repeatedly thrown for her so she can retrieve it, does she think she's a dog?) a "bath" in her water dish, then fishes it out and bats it dripping around the floor or carries it to me to be dried off.   If we weren't half a state apart I'd say Pawley and Picassa are related.  Two P's in a pod.

How's his leg coming along?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's nothing to do about his leg. :( The x-rays showed it had completely healed on its own - it was broken at the joint - the equivalent of his elbow - and it is fused together, he can't bend it. Thus the limp. A "lot" of arthritis showed on x-ray - and we'll only be able to tell if he's in pain once he starts moving around more.

Oh! Maybe that's what you were asking about! :lol3: From the way he's playing IN the crate, it doesn't *seem* like he's in pain - but I don't think we'll really know until he's out and "running around" (or not).

sweetthangtx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm my mind murple is the little sound that your cat makes that is sort of a trill. One of my cats does it mostly when he is looking for someone to play with. It sort of has a question mark at the end of it.

He also has a distinctive meow that he uses when there is something that he wants that he cannot get to. For instance, he may spot " da bird" toy up on a shelf and is asking us to get it down. He also sits and stares at the skylights in the house and plaintively asks why he can't reach them.

• Purraise
Reactions: ldg

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:nod: Exactly. It's not a meow, it's not the cooing... it's a type of trill, with the question mark! That's a great way of explaining it. Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp? :lol3:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Spooky's been using the bed - and sniffed at him but seemed to care less that he sat there watching her?

Oh - and he likes putting his toys in the water dish. :lol3:
:lol3: :lol2: SPOOKY !!!!!!!!!!! What a sweetie. HMMMMMMMM - I wonder. :think: Pawley and Spooky may hit it off really well !!! Kinda - two peas in a pod. ;) :heart3: And, how hilarious about the toys in the water dish. Pipsqueak always drops his toys in the water dish - all the time. :lol2: He used to play with foil balls and put them in the water dish thus turning the water whatever color the foil ball was. :slant: :nothappy: Anyway, Pawley, really is blowing my mind here - he is really, really, really acting more and more like a "regular" kitty. :high5: He is such a lucky boy and he must love, love his new life. Warms my heart to no end. :heart3:

Awesome on the shelves for the crate !!!!!!! You MUST take some pictures of Pawley again soon. Makes me smile :D :D :happy3: :clap:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lauren, here you go!

For those that don't know, Spooky is our "hiss-iest" cat. Last night I was there when Pawley was hanging out on the condo while Spooks was there. I didn't catch them making googly eyes at each other by the time I got back with the camera. But Pawley was leaning down towards her murpling ( ;) ), and she just laid there, relaxed and smiling. AND she wasn't bothered when he grabbed his mouse, was tossing it around, and accidentally threw it on her, LOL! :clap:

.......aaaaaaaand..... I was petting Pawley after breakfast this morning. As he has no interest in leaving his crate, we always just let the door swing open. He was up on the condo. I see a black blur out of the corner of my eye. Billy jumped into the cage from the couch! :lol3: Billy was more concerned about finding food he thought might be in there than about Pawley. ;)

Pawley didn't react, move, or stop purring. So I kept petting him and let Billy poke around. I told Pawley it was Billy (though I think he knew that). Billy investigated everything, then started sniffing Pawley's back, neck, and head (Pawley was lying on his side, his head in my hand). Pawley just kept purring. At that point I figured it was enough. I picked up Billy and put him back on the couch. I asked him if he was satisfied Pawley wasn't getting more food or treats. Pawley just wanted more pets.

:D

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww for Pawley and his sweetness! And way to go Spooky and Billy! This introduction of a feral cat to your household is just amazing.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww for Pawley and his sweetness! And way to go Spooky and Billy! This introduction of a feral cat to your household is just amazing.
:D ALL of the introductions were documented on TCS - including bringing in our very first kitties, Lazlo then Sheldon. I found TCS because of the kittens in the yard. :lol3:

Chumley's was pretty amazing too. :heart2: This is the first time we've used a crate though.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will have to go back and read some of the others. :) I have read Chumley's. I have to think that these kitties just feel the love and know that they are safe.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lauren, here you go!

For those that don't know, Spooky is our "hiss-iest" cat. Last night I was there when Pawley was hanging out on the condo while Spooks was there. I didn't catch them making googly eyes at each other by the time I got back with the camera. But Pawley was leaning down towards her murpling ( ;) ), and she just laid there, relaxed and smiling. AND she wasn't bothered when he grabbed his mouse, was tossing it around, and accidentally threw it on her, LOL! :clap:

.......aaaaaaaand..... I was petting Pawley after breakfast this morning. As he has no interest in leaving his crate, we always just let the door swing open. He was up on the condo. I see a black blur out of the corner of my eye. Billy jumped into the cage from the couch! :lol3: Billy was more concerned about finding food he thought might be in there than about Pawley. ;)

Pawley didn't react, move, or stop purring. So I kept petting him and let Billy poke around. I told Pawley it was Billy (though I think he knew that). Billy investigated everything, then started sniffing Pawley's back, neck, and head (Pawley was lying on his side, his head in my hand). Pawley just kept purring. At that point I figured it was enough. I picked up Billy and put him back on the couch. I asked him if he was satisfied Pawley wasn't getting more food or treats. Pawley just wanted more pets.

:D
MY EYES ARE BUGGING OUT over this update !!!!!!!!!!!!! :flail: :clap: :dance: :high5: :hyper: OH Laurie.... :lol3: I half wonder if Pawley tossed that mouse at Spooks on purpose to try to connect. :heart3: In my earlier post talking about Spooky and Pawley being two peas in a pod - I was really picturing Mingle not Spooky. :lol2: Has Mingle had any interest??? ;) When I read further on that's when my eyes popped open WIDE and WIDER !!!!!!!!!!! BILLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO KIDDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol3: :woohoo: He has been planning the invasion of Pawley's crate for sometime, I suspect. :lol: This is THE BEST NEWS, Laurie !!!!! I will bet my bottom dollar that Pawley will accept and will be accepted quite easily by the furkids as I think it is already happening !!! He is just so completely sweet, loving and I get a sense of calm from him sitting here in my computer chair. :D :D :D :heart2: :D :D :D Who knows..... maybe that crate has room for 8 more...... :crackup:

This is the first time we've used a crate though.
I have always used the crate and your experience is perfect proof of how well it really works for the feral to adjust to the people in the house AND the beginning of safe introductions. To me, it is the best way to socialize and acclimate a feral kitty to becoming part of the family and indoor life. It really moves things along much more quickly than the safe room technique. :happy3: A gentle way to "force" them to be part of the family. :heart2:

Last edited: