Pattys first Vet visit-she might be pregnant?

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katgrl81

Also, another side note and little off topic-sorry
I wanted to ask....Sometimes I notice Patty twitches as she walks..it'll be these jerky movements..shes been doing it for as long as I can remember...nothing major but she usually licks herself afterward...could this be a sign of something bad or maybe its normal in some cats?
It is most likely fleas. She should be given a safe flea treatment (Advantage, Revolution, or Frontline Plus ONLY!) as soon as possible so the fleas are gone or close to gone by the time the kittens are born.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katgrl81

Also, another side note and little off topic-sorry
I wanted to ask....Sometimes I notice Patty twitches as she walks..it'll be these jerky movements..shes been doing it for as long as I can remember...nothing major but she usually licks herself afterward...could this be a sign of something bad or maybe its normal in some cats?
Just to be educated about this, though it may well not be what is going on, please read this article on Feline Hyperesthesia click here

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That vet you went to was a fool!

A vet should be able to palpate (feel her tummy) a cat to determine if she is pregnant (especially if she is a fair way along in the pregnancy. Unfortunately blood tests can have a lot of false positives so it would be best to get an ultrasound if you really wanted to know (and you have the cash!)

I would recommend taking to her to another vet in future even if it means you have to travel a little further.

Good luck with your girl! Shes very pretty (even when she looks annoyed at having the harness on
)

Let us know how it all goes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katgrl81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys for the advice and compliments
Yesterday I put both my hands on either side of her tummy and I could have sworn I felt movement
Looking at her more and more she does "appear" to be pregnant. I'mma set up a few nesting areas in the house so that in case she is (and I'm almost certain she is) she can have a few areas to choose from. Also I bought her Eukanuba Kitten Food and began giving it to her yesterday mixed in with her normal food. I just hope everything goes well..If my calculations are correct she "should" be giving birth as early as next week but most likely around thanksgiving week

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katgrl81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Heres a pic of Patty from today
...she seems to enjoy napping in the big cage we have in the livingroom(we bought it for the puppy we will be bringing home in a month) In this pic..she does look "pregnant" doesn't she? Also, she seems to nap a little more now..