Oww!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you can get some MUCH needed sleep sweetie!!! HUGS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Feb. 27th is her c-section.
Lava girl is just a nickname that Amber and John came up with for the time being. I LOVE it!!!!
Feb 27. Sneaking up on us. I dont think we will be ready.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure you will. If we all waited until we were ready, we'd carry the babies for years.LOL!!!

luvs2be

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry this happened to you...I am glad to hear lava girl is ok.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Thanks. Its kinda funny even now because thinking about what it looked like me screaming seeing the 2 dogs flying towards me legs braced but not stopping and then bam. It felt like slow motion.
You poor thing!

John came up with Lava Girl. I was callingn her Slug and he hated that.
So he told me wwe needed to come up withsomething better to call her. We were at Blockbuster and he saw Shark Boy and Lava Girl. Said hello there Lava Girl and thats the end of that. It just stuck.
That's adorable!!!

Now Im going to bed because John said I need to go to sleep and prop my arm up. I know really thought he's wanting to play games on here.
But oh well. Night for now.
good night... feel better in the morning!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OUCH! I'm glad that the baby is ok. And I am glad that you were there to help the poor pup! I will never get how some people can be so heartless and cruel....to just drive off and leave him like that.
Thank god you were there. At least something good came out of a bad day.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amber- honey i think you and john are officially more accident prone than me
That's not an easy feat eithor
I'm a clutz! Bless your heart- two broken things in one day
That's aweful! You mentioned you fell- is your stomach ok? Is lava girl alright? Keep an eye out on yourself- if you start to feel weird or bleed or anything like that- get to the er! You got me worried about you now. Did they give you anything for the pain that you can take with your pregnancy? I hope you get to feeling better soon! I'm glad you wound up rescuing the pup
Keep an eye on him- even if he looks fine- if he was hit hard by the impact of the vehicle- he could have internal bleeding that might not show until it's too late- so watch him like a hawk
/ I hope ya'll get to feeling better soon
Do you have a cast on your arm and your thumb? Was it the same arm/hand both times?

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry! I hope you feel better soon and be more careful when you're outside, okay?
and thank you so much for saving that poor dog's life! I can't imagine how anyone can hit a dog with their care and not notice it and run!

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Amber- honey i think you and john are officially more accident prone than me
That's not an easy feat eithor
I'm a clutz! Bless your heart- two broken things in one day
That's aweful! You mentioned you fell- is your stomach ok? Is lava girl alright? Keep an eye out on yourself- if you start to feel weird or bleed or anything like that- get to the er! You got me worried about you now. Did they give you anything for the pain that you can take with your pregnancy? I hope you get to feeling better soon! I'm glad you wound up rescuing the pup
Keep an eye on him- even if he looks fine- if he was hit hard by the impact of the vehicle- he could have internal bleeding that might not show until it's too late- so watch him like a hawk
/ I hope ya'll get to feeling better soon
Do you have a cast on your arm and your thumb? Was it the same arm/hand both times?
Not Amber but I figured I'd answer some of your questions. Since she's asleep and wont be able to get on tomorow. Her stomach is fine both times she landed on her back. So the only other injuries are a knot n her head, black and blue butt, a big bruise on her shoulder and a bruise on her leg. They didnt give her any pain meds.
Ive done some research and they should have ben able to give her at least some tylenol.
At the emergency vets they did full work threw on him. He got an ultrasound to check for internal bleeding, xrays on his lungs (in case of bruising), his legs and hips. He weighs 60 lbs. Which isnt huge like she said but much bigger then Buddy and Jada. I really like him. He's very sweet and gives alot of kisses. Plus Buddy loves him and Buddy isnt to good with other male dogs. If we dont find his home Im gonna tell Amber I want to keep him. So then he would be my dog and not hers. So she wont be over her 2 dog limit she put on herself.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great justifcation for another dog John

Glad to hear that Amber is sleeping, hopefully it will help with the healing process.

And great also that Lava Girl was well protected even if Mummy is throwing herself around a little bit

What a story to tell when she gets older!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww
He's adorable and looks great for just being hit by a car! I kinda hope you guys get to keep him
but if he has a good home I am sure they are worried sick about him.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John, just keep an eye on her for cramping and spotting.If she sees ANY, she needs to get right in. I'm not sure why they won't let her take regualr Tylenol either.But, as I said different Gyns have different views on it.
(I hope you're able to keep the dog.)

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaylacat

Awwww
He's adorable and looks great for just being hit by a car! I kinda hope you guys get to keep him
but if he has a good home I am sure they are worried sick about him.
He is adorable. Im in love. When Amber came in to get her card she was crying saying she just saw a dog get hit and that she didnt know if it was going to live. That it had just woken up but was just whining and licking her. So I thought oh great now Ambers gonna be totally upset because she cant do anything for this dog. Why did she have to see it get hit?
Then when she came home with him I was like that is not the dog. She said yes it is. When he walks you can tell something happened to him and that he is hurting. Hes on rimadyl. Or something liek that. I think thats what Amber said. If he stands still his legs slide out from underneath him. And he walks like he craped his pants. I mean if he had pants.

Originally Posted by crittermom

John, just keep an eye on her for cramping and spotting.If she sees ANY, she needs to get right in. I'm not sure why they won't let her take regualr Tylenol either.But, as I said different Gyns have different views on it.
(I hope you're able to keep the dog.)
I will keep an eye on her dont worry. I wont let anything happen to her if I can help it.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you won't!!!! She's lucky to have you! And so is Lava Girl!!!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart Amber, you have the weirdest things happen to you (and John.
Take care of yourself, not long til baby time.

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Amber's hurting worse today. She's going in later to get checked out by her regular doctor. Her butt looks awful! Its really swollen, bruised really bad and she cant even sit without screaming.
She's really done herself in this time.