Over The Counter Wormers-round Worms

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Is it Strongent or Strongid? Or are those the same thing? Strongid I know is just for hook and round worms. Drontal is for Tapeworms and the Panacur from the feed store is for all of them. So assuming Strongid and Strongent are the same, why would you only allow that when there are other worms which meds like Drontal or the broad spectrum dewormers can treat?

I am looking into ordering vaccines from drsfostersmith.com for the huge number of strays I take in. It has been recommended to me and I have given vaccinations before. I only vaccinate one time though with adult cat shots and thats it. I don't revaccinate every year or three years or whatever it is. And it is really inexpensive if you buy in bulk amounts.

But rabies I didn't know
Oh Jen, glad you said something! I didn't know that Strongid didn't cover tapeworms. Glad you said something. I'm not sure about Drontal- i've never dosed a kitty with that before so i don't know about it. I'm sure a vet could explaine the difference in the broad spectrum deworms. Thanks for catching that