Outdoor Feral Cats

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those are wonderful pics!!, thanks so much for showing them!!, that greenhouse is an excellent idea

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abbeycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by awliston

Monty is my favorite. He looks like he would be a good lap cat!
He is more of a shoulder cat

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they confined in their outdoor area, or can they come and go? And how big is their space outside? DH and I talked about putting up a permanent shelter/enclosure for ferals, but he thinks it would be wrong to keep them penned up.

abbeycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They have free run of all the surrounding fields, as far as they ever want to go. The road is a country road and not very traffic heavy at all.
They stay around because there is a 'porta-cabin' (christened the cat cabin)out back behind the paddock, filled with couches, armchairs, duvets, cat trees and food, so they know that they have a warm place with food and water around. Some of the cats have just wandered their way here and our only contact is to feed them, some were dumped on the road and integrated themselves with the group, and some are ones we released to join the colony after neutering, because they were just miserable inside the cat room, and were always terrified during cleaning etc.
Some do wander into the house as well, Little Hissy & Wesley come in occasionally, they are semi feral, it depends on their mood

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow they are all so beautyful - thanks for beeing so good to them - I guess they do have the "luck of the Irish" LOL

abbeycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just found some pics of little Hissy and Wesley..

Wesley watching me working with the dogs..

Playing

Hissy wondering if she wants to come and say hello or not

Maybe I have food

Meowing loudly as usual