Our kitty's unique behavior...

luvmyenergy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just adopted a 1 year old kitty and she was in a shelter that whole time. At first, she was afraid of us and often hide under my daugther's bed and dresser. Now she comes out and is feeling more at home. Her name is Delilah and she has been with us for about 2 months now. She is sweet and we love her dearly. We also have another cat that we've had since his birth, Joseph he is 1 year and 5 months. They get along well and have a lot of fun together. Recently, Delilah has found a way to open our daughters closet and brings my daughter's toys downstairs and puts them in the cat cube (a play cube for cats). She also has taken my daughters clothes, toys and blanket! And lined them up in a row leading towards our bedroom door down the hall. Some of these items are a bit heavy and she is a little light fluffy kitty. We can't figure out why she is doing this?? Any ideas anyone one? We would like to understand this unique behavior. Thx.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never experienced or read anything like that, but that sounds pretty funny.
Any pics btw?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so cute!

I think Delilah feels that your daughter's stuff should not be kept inside the closet. It is for her to play with anytime anywhere but especially in the hallway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmyenergy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes it is pretty funny! I have been searching the web for answers but nobody has any answers. I would love to post her photo but I don't know how to do it. I'm new to this site and haven't figured it out yet?

luvmyenergy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
LOL!!! My sister said it was her way of saying this is my room and my daugther should sleep in the office.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like about the same behavior as the klepto kitty!

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Sounds like about the same behavior as the klepto kitty!
Yeah, must be related...

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no help, but it does sound pretty funny!

To post a pic, open an acct at someplace like photobucket, then upload your pics there. Then you'll be able to post your pics here. There's more help in the tech forum, too.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is not so uncommon with cats. My Mazy cat is a relocator of objects. She puts stuff under my desk. She doens't have a theme, like your girl does, well, maybe she does, anything I've left around that should have been put away makes it's way under my desk. Screw driver, vacuum cleaner attachments, my rain coat.....

She also steals clips (the kind to hold food bags closed I mean) and pens and hides them in her Box Fort.

One of my cats from my childhood liked to steal my brother's socks. If he didn't leave his sock drawer open there was heck to pay in the sound of caterwauling and pacing. She would take all his socks out and bring them down to the basement where she had one of her beds.

It sounds like your girl is bonding with your child by stealing her things. But I'm guessing, after all all cat behaviors belong to cats and it's not for us mere humans to ask Why.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PS congratulations on your new family member!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she really likes your daughter's things

luvmyenergy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thx for letting me know how to post a pic.