Our EXOTIC furbabies

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Is it a long tail? Or a stubby tail?

(btw: tis really nice to see you posting again)
Awww, thank you
Hmmm, to answer your question, that may give it away
But his tail is brown, with some black and white on it

Rub Nakoma's belly?? No, he won't let me do that. I can with my other bobcats and even our cougar, but Nakoma is very shy due to his past life experiences. However, I did get to pet him not to long ago. I was feeding him and as he walked by me, I reached down and ran my hand down his back. He just turned and looked at me as if to say hey, what was that
That was a huge step in the next level of trust from him. But as you can see by that pciture, he is very relaxed and content with us

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Awww, thank you
Hmmm, to answer your question, that may give it away
But his tail is brown, with some black and white on it

Rub Nakoma's belly?? No, he won't let me do that. I can with my other bobcats and even our cougar, but Nakoma is very shy due to his past life experiences. However, I did get to pet him not to long ago. I was feeding him and as he walked by me, I reached down and ran my hand down his back. He just turned and looked at me as if to say hey, what was that
That was a huge step in the next level of trust from him. But as you can see by that pciture, he is very relaxed and content with us
Oh yes, you can definately see by the pictures of how content he is....
He's certainly come a LONG way, which is why I was curious about the belly since he seems quite comfortable exposing it.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, no more guesses?? or should I just make the announcement now, since I will be on vacation in about 6 hours and won't be on the computer for a awhile

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lol, no more guesses?? or should I just make the announcement now, since I will be on vacation in about 6 hours and won't be on the computer for a awhile
I will guess....

Its a......

CAT

and prolly a big one at that.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes yes, it is a cat!! Ok, it's a bobcat and he is another rescue. (I think I can now claim sanctuary status if this keeps up). It's a long story for the person who has to give him up and he is still a young kitten. The bobcat's current owner is just so upset. He did all the research and was fully prepared, but his sister, who has a new born infant, just had her boyfriend (the baby's father) run out on her and she has no job at the moment or any place to go. She lives out of state and is coming to live with her brother for a while, the bobcats current owner. He is very concerned about the infant and has a very small house. I tried to offer a lot of ideas for him, but it seems he isn't getting much help from other family members as well. He must really have a strong love for his sister, to make a choice and give up his baby bobcat. This is killing him. He has other cats, but they will be staying with him. He is just very concerned that the infant could accidently get injured by his bobcat. And we know what would happen if it did. The story would get blown up to make it look like a disaster and no one should own these wildcats as pets, blah blah blah. If his other domestic cats would injure the infant, it would be no big deal, would just get treated and that's it. IMO, I don't think he has anything to worry about. The bobcat is only 3-4 months old and would probably bond with the baby. I fully understand his concerns. Just like all my cats, this little boy bobcat is going to be spoiled rotten and will get all the love he deserves. He is going to be a very good bobcat too, because his current dad has done a very good job with him. They have a strong bond and it is going to hurt when he says goodbye to his little boy. On the possitive side, we live pretty close (about an hour to hour and a half drive from each other). I told him he can visit any time he wishes, to see his baby grow up

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ok, he has pointed ears, 4 legs and a tail.

Yes yes, it is a cat!! Ok, it's a bobcat and he is another rescue. (I think I can now claim sanctuary status if this keeps up). It's a long story for the person who has to give him up and he is still a young kitten. The bobcat's current owner is just so upset. He did all the research and was fully prepared, but his sister, who has a new born infant, just had her boyfriend (the baby's father) run out on her and she has no job at the moment or any place to go. She lives out of state and is coming to live with her brother for a while, the bobcats current owner. He is very concerned about the infant and has a very small house. I tried to offer a lot of ideas for him, but it seems he isn't getting much help from other family members as well. He must really have a strong love for his sister, to make a choice and give up his baby bobcat. This is killing him. He has other cats, but they will be staying with him. He is just very concerned that the infant could accidently get injured by his bobcat. And we know what would happen if it did. The story would get blown up to make it look like a disaster and no one should own these wildcats as pets, blah blah blah. If his other domestic cats would injure the infant, it would be no big deal, would just get treated and that's it. IMO, I don't think he has anything to worry about. The bobcat is only 3-4 months old and would probably bond with the baby. I fully understand his concerns. Just like all my cats, this little boy bobcat is going to be spoiled rotten and will get all the love he deserves. He is going to be a very good bobcat too, because his current dad has done a very good job with him. They have a strong bond and it is going to hurt when he says goodbye to his little boy. On the possitive side, we live pretty close (about an hour to hour and a half drive from each other). I told him he can visit any time he wishes, to see his baby grow up
That's so cool that you can take care of him for that guy. So sad though for the situation!
I hope everyone is happy in the end!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's great to have more pictures - I joined the thread late - and then POOF! you and the kitties were gone! I'm so glad you've found a new solution.

.....and I had to laugh at the box too! Cats and boxes! Big or little....

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost missed this posting of all the wonderful pictures!!!! What a wonderful life your Kitty Cats have!!!! Every single one of them is gorgeous!! I love them all!!

Congratulations on your little newcomer!! I hope you post lots of pictures of him!! What is his name?

When everyone was guessing what you were bringing home, I was going to guess a Caracal because of the pointed ear clue!!! I was wrong. That is so wonderful you are opening up your home to another Bobcat!!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the new boy is here
4 months old and he thinks he is boss of the whole house
Things are not going as smoothe as when Natasha came here, but that is to expected. That was just to easy. Amber is doing good with the baby. Boris greeted him with a nice hello and the little boy screamed at him, so now Boris walks through the house grumbling, as if his feelings were hurt. But, he is not aggressive with the baby. Natasha, well she may be a problem. They got into a scuffle the first day, but I think they just scared each other. Natasha plays rough, even with the older bobcats. They put her in her place, but that action scared the heck out of the new boy and he reacted by clawing and biting at Natasha, which in turn, scared her and she reacted back. Fur went flying, but no bite marks or wounds. Natasha just wanted to play, but the new boy just wasn't ready for that. Today, he is much more relaxed.
Originally Posted by gemlady

Oh boy, Aurora is getting a new kitty to boss around.
Yeah, Aurora just looked at him like, oh boy, another one of THOSE

Caracal was close. I have always wanted one of those, but with 5 bobcats now....then again, whats one more right??
(my wife would kill me
)
I have been taking lots of pictures. Give me about a week and I will be posting more. You will not be disappointed. I believe I have some new ones of the queeen Aurora as well

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John, after a 120 pages, why don't you start a new thread? That way new folks won't have to wade through posts where the images are gone. Just a suggestion.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

John, after a 120 pages, why don't you start a new thread? That way new folks won't have to wade through posts where the images are gone. Just a suggestion.
Good idea above actually....

In honor of the new boy, and approaching new year....

Could always link to this one in the initial post too, that way people can look here for the history with your cats.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new boy, and of course, more pics of your crew

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was actually thinking the same thing, since all the old pictures are gone. I will link the new thread to this one, so that people can read the topic on keeping exotics as pets. I know there is a lot of that in there. I guess I will call the new thread Our exotic furbabies part2

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been a long time since I have been here. Yes, they came from Bitterroot. I have 5 wonderful bobcats :-)

Last edited: