Our EXOTIC furbabies

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww. Poor Carmelo!! I'm glad your big, beautiful boy is feeling better.

(I can't help but think, though...cleaning up housecat sick is no fun. Cleaning up cougar sick must be really bad.
)

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You know.. you hear about cougars and BobCats attacking people almost all the time... yet... your Big Cats dont give me the "I wouldnt wanna get near that thing" feeling.
Beautiful Babies you have there!!
So any New Pics Lately??

When I was younger and we use to travel all the time.. We would perposly Go out of are way to stop at the Tiger Truck Stop in Cross Tete, Louisiana to se the Tigers... I cant tell you how many times iv been there. ((Gosh those were the days))

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

You know.. you hear about cougars and BobCats attacking people almost all the time... yet... your Big Cats dont give me the "I wouldnt wanna get near that thing" feeling.
Beautiful Babies you have there!!
So any New Pics Lately??

When I was younger and we use to travel all the time.. We would perposly Go out of are way to stop at the Tiger Truck Stop in Cross Tete, Louisiana to se the Tigers... I cant tell you how many times iv been there. ((Gosh those were the days))
Cougars and Bobcats attacking people all the time? Well, that is not really true at all. Most people will never see a cougar or a bobcat in the wild. A cougar is sometimes called the Ghost cat, because they are very elusive in the wild, same with the bobcat. Yes, cougar attacks have been known to happen, with people getting killed, but these are very few and far between. In fact, from the years 1890 to present, there have been 22 reported deaths by cougars. Now, between 1900-2000, there have been over 4,000 cougars killed by humans. I do not have the exact number of bobcat attacks on humans, but I would assume that number is even lower, but I know the number of bobcats killed by humans is well into the thousands. In fact, from 1996 to 2003, more than 18,000 bobcats have been killed by us humans. Can not find any statistics on humans killed by bobcats at the moment. This information was found in the books, Listening to Cougar Marc Bekoff and Cara Blessley Lowe, Editors, Foreward by Jane Goodall and Bobcat Master of Survival by Kevin Hansen
As for our big cats, they were born in captivity and have been around humans since day 1. The bond they share with us is beyond amazing. There is nothing that makes me happier, than to hear our cougar's loving chirp and purr every time he sees me or to hear the wroow wroow wroow, call of our bobcats, when they try to wake me up at 5 am

Tiger truck stop? Hmmm, I would stop in there all the time too

Yes, I have lots of new pictures

By the way, Carmelo is feeling much better and back to his normal smarty pants self

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear that Carmelo is feeling better and back to his "smarty pants" ways.
Speaking of new pictures, I hope you have some new Amber ones for me.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

I'm so glad to hear that Carmelo is feeling better and back to his "smarty pants" ways.
Speaking of new pictures, I hope you have some new Amber ones for me.
More Amber pictures? Of course I do

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with Carmello though?
No, we never really did figure out what was wrong. May have been something with his food, but we feel it was just one of those 24-48 hour viruses. None of the others got sick, so that is why we ruled out his food being the problem.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

More Amber pictures? Of course I do

No, we never really did figure out what was wrong. May have been something with his food, but we feel it was just one of those 24-48 hour viruses. None of the others got sick, so that is why we ruled out his food being the problem.
Aw, at least it passed. Gosh, we humans have been getting those 24 hour bugs lately too because of the cold season, I wonder if cats get the same thing.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

We're all looking forward to the new pics John, hope you didn't forget abour the Queen herself???
How can I forget Aurora or maybe I should put it this way, she won't let me forget
Now, I just need to find time to upload and post them all. Anyone live close by who has high speed internet that I can use
I get so tired of dial up

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Anyone live close by who has high speed internet that I can use
I get so tired of dial up
Oh I hear you there, that's why my husband insisted on high speed DSL.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Oh I hear you there, that's why my husband insisted on high speed DSL.
I can't even get that, DSL is not available where I live
. The only high speed I can get right now is by satellite, but that is much to costly. You have to buy the modem, which is several hundred dollars, and the per month charge is quite high as well. So, I'm stuck with the drudgery of dial up, 28.8K at it's best

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I can't even get that, DSL is not available where I live
. The only high speed I can get right now is by satellite, but that is much to costly. You have to buy the modem, which is several hundred dollars, and the per month charge is quite high as well. So, I'm stuck with the drudgery of dial up, 28.8K at it's best
No DSL? Yikes, that sucks. Your area's not planning on upgrading a bit anytime soon are they? With this day in age, it's almost a necessity with file attachments and such in emails. But yeah, I wouldn't resort to satellite. If it's as bad as my grandma's satellite dish with weather and solar flares, why bother even getting it, lol! I hope you find a friend with DSL soon!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in a rural area, so that is why I don't have any DSL here. But even with my dial up, I will get more pictures posted, I promise
I usually do it when I am home and have other things to do. That way, I am not just sitting in front of the computer waiting. I remember when having a 28.8K modem was fast