Our EXOTIC furbabies

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by erickonasis

I'd Be Scared To Death
That picture was taken when he was still a young cub, just under a year old. Even now, at the age of 2 1/2 years, he will still do this and he loves his hugs

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

That picture was taken when he was still a young cub, just under a year old. Even now, at the age of 2 1/2 years, he will still do this and he loves his hugs
Boys never really grow up, do they?

You'll have to tell us ASAP if you ever get to contact Terri, I would watch the show if they agree to filming your big cats!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Boys never really grow up, do they?

You'll have to tell us ASAP if you ever get to contact Terri, I would watch the show if they agree to filming your big cats!
Me tooo!!!! That would be so cool!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Hey John I just had a thought.... Terri Irwin (Crocodile Hunter's wife) started out rescuing cougars and other big cats and they've always been very special to her. If you need support politically or financially, I wonder if it's worth trying to get in contact with her people to see if there's anything she could do. She might be interested in a documentary about big cat rescue.
Thats a great idea, Sarah!
You'll have to let us know if anything comes from it, John!

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cats are amazing and beautiful.

I loved your photos from the Cincy Zoo, I realized perhaps you live much closer to me than I expected. I live just about 20 miles north of Cincinnati. My absolute favorite animal at the zoo is the Bald Eagle.

Leslie

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Maybe there is a way that we could all write to her somehow telling her of John and his efforts!!??
Yeah that could work. I'm sure there's more than enough people on here to help support this.

P.S. I hope you like all my gifts. There's plenty more where that came from. Let the games begin.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Maybe there is a way that we could all write to her somehow telling her of John and his efforts!!??
Wow, I wonder what would happen? The next thing I know, Terri and her crew shows up when I am covered with bobcat spray

Your cats are amazing and beautiful.

I loved your photos from the Cincy Zoo, I realized perhaps you live much closer to me than I expected. I live just about 20 miles north of Cincinnati. My absolute favorite animal at the zoo is the Bald Eagle.
Did you see the picture I posted of the Eagle? Actually though, I live at the other end of the state, the north east corner. But I have been to the Cincy Zoo more than once. They have a wonderful Cheetah program there and the lady who runs it, Cathryn, is so much fun to be around. The Cincy Zoo has a great cat collection as well. Not just the big cats, like lions and tigers, but they have small cats that you don't always see at other zoos, like the Sand cat, Pallas Cat, Fishing Cat, Ocelot and others.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Wow, I wonder what would happen? The next thing I know, Terri and her crew shows up when I am covered with bobcat spray

Did you see the picture I posted of the Eagle? Actually though, I live at the other end of the state, the north east corner. But I have been to the Cincy Zoo more than once. They have a wonderful Cheetah program there and the lady who runs it, Cathryn, is so much fun to be around. The Cincy Zoo has a great cat collection as well. Not just the big cats, like lions and tigers, but they have small cats that you don't always see at other zoos, like the Sand cat, Pallas Cat, Fishing Cat, Ocelot and others.
That just shows your TRUE dedication!!!
And Sheer craziness that we all have come to know and love about you!!!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That just shows your TRUE dedication!!!
And Sheer craziness that we all have come to know and love about you!!!
I am sure Terri would understand. I know I am dedicated....but crazy?
Well, I have had others say the same thing. Is everyone trying to tell me something? I'm not crazy...really. I just love cats

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You're crazy but it's ok, it's in a good way. Not like "that creepy guy who smells funny and keeps looking at me wierd" crazy!
Hmmm, smells funny. I often wonder what people think after I have been at my friends facility all day. Hugging cougars, being groomed and drooled on by loving cougars, having lynx and or bobcats spray you. I never smell it, but then again, I am used to it. But I love the way cougars, lynx and bobcats smell
I agree though, I think we are all crazy cat people, some more than others
, but there is nothing wrong with that

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had a few nervous days. Our big boy Carmelo was sick
When I went over to him, I did not get my big happy chirps that I always get. He just looked at me a purred. By the look in his eyes, I knew something wasn't quite right. Well, I started to clean his enclosure, when I found what I thought was food that he did not eat. But at a closer look, I saw that it was his food that he ate and then threw up. On the other side, the second half of the enclosure, I found diarrhea. However, since his girlfriend Beaya is also there, I wasn't sure whose it was, same with the vomit. So, I separated them, to keep observation to see who was sick, even though I had a pretty good idea it was Carmelo, by just how he was acting and with the look in his face. I went in with him, we walked around the enclosure, with Carmelo walking along side of me purring. Then, he sat and lay down on my feet, wanting to be pet and cuddled. He was acting like such a big baby. He would put his big paws around me and just hug. He was sucking my thumb and wanted his belly rubbed too. I wish I had my camera with me to take pictures, he wanted me to baby the heck out of him. He went into his den box and poked his head out with a look as if to say, come on inside with me. Well, I am not sure how much room there would have been for him and me in there
Later on, I went back in with him. He had more very bad diarrhea. After that, he acted as if he felt a little better. So, around feeding time, we gave him 2 pieces just to see how he would act. He ate them, so we decided to wait about 30 minutes to see if he wanted more. I came back, he ate, but threw that up too. Poor boy and it was on the days before it got very very cold. We gave him more food that day, but he ate only a little more and left the rest. The next day, he was acting almost the same, but at least no more diarrhea and throwing up. Well, last night he was eating again, so I think he may have had one of those 24-36 hour viruses. Thank God he is ok
I had 3 days off from work and I was worried all 3 of those days. But I sure did enjoy our close contact we had. He had that look in his eyes as if to say daddy, I don't feel good. I spent a good amount of time, sitting on the cold frozen ground, just holding that big boy.