Our EXOTIC furbabies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here more, I'm not done yet.
Our boy Nakoma.
These first 3 are from the early morning.

Ooops, sorry Nakoma, I know you don't like the flash.

Here is Rowdy, the Bengal tiger.

Shawnee cougar. She is such a sweet loving girl.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, here he is, our BIG boy Carmelo.
Carmelo at night, eating his prey. Well, chicken that is.

This next picture is out of focus, but this is what it looks like when Carmelo comes up to give me loving head butts.

Carmelo says, Beja, what lovely fangs you have my girl.

This is Carmelo's paw, next to my foot. I wear a size 13 1/2 shoe, to give you an idea of how big his paw is.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I end these pictures with this last one. No, it isn't a cat, looks more like an alien from a sci-fi movie. Most of us had heard these things in the late summer, they make that loud buzzing sound in the trees. Well, they were all over the place, landing on Carmelo's enclosure and this one didn't want to be left out. So say hello to the Cicada. I hope you enjoyed the pictures

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always wondered what those things looked like.
I've never actually seen one, but I sure have heard them.

Yes, I enjoyed the pictures very much!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pictures are gorgeous! I can't even pick a favourite. Wow and yeah.. I feel I have my hands full with my bengal cat, I can't imagine the work involved caring for a bengal tiger but he's gorgeous. Camelo's eyes are so pretty as well and the bobcats are lovely. It's interesting to see as well that the bobcats seem to have a very domestic cat tabby marking on their head, i.e the tabby M, especially Bob.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

Tommy is...shall we say a little "Stocky" isn't he
Little stocky isn't the word for it
He is a big cat, but I just can't get him to drop a little weight. I have tried weight control formulas, but I am going to contact my vet, to see if they have a prescription diet that will help him.
It's interesting to see as well that the bobcats seem to have a very domestic cat tabby marking on their head, i.e the tabby M, especially Bob.
Yes they do and if you look closely, you can sort of make one out on the cougar's head as well. They have the 2 dark lines running vertically from the eyes, then you can ever so slightly, see the other marks that make out a very faint M. Most of our domestic cats still have this M as well, since they are all possible descendants of the African wild cat,(Felis sylvestris)http://www.abf90.dial.pipex.com/bco/lybica.htm who resembles our clssic tabby. That M still traces them, our domestics, back to their wild side.
I always wondered what those things looked like.
I've never actually seen one, but I sure have heard them
They sure are strange looking aren't they? Of course, I often wonder, what I may have looked like to that Cicada that was sitting on my finger. I must not be to scary, it just sat there and did not fly away

By the way, where is Gemlady? She had her bat out making me post these pictures, now she isn't here

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

They sure are strange looking aren't they? Of course, I often wonder, what I may have looked like to that Cicada that was sitting on my finger. I must not be to scary, it just sat there and did not fly away

By the way, where is Gemlady? She had her bat out making me post these pictures, now she isn't here
Yep, I have to say that's the strangest critter I've ever seen.
Outside of a naked mole rat...I think that's what it was called... that I saw on Animal Planet once.
I can't tell you what it made me think of, since this is a family site

You're right, Gemlady was ready to beat you with her bat and she hasn't commented on the pictures yet.
Then again maybe she has a REAL life...unlike me....cook, clean, kids, computer...I'm the most boring 36 year old on the planet

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm here now!! And the bat has been put away.

Of course, Aurora is first. She would have it no other way. Baxter is bigger - and well fed.
Oh, I want Lil Roar!!!!! Gimme gimme gimme!!!!

Okay, enough for this post. Waiting for the rest to load!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anybody besides me want to play connect the dots on Beast the Serval?
Beautiful creature.

Adorable pic of Lil Roar and Amber. Don't you want to curl up with them?
And there are the handsome boys, Boris and Nakoma. Nakoma? I understand about those early morning rays of light interrupting a good sleep.

And Carmelo! He is getting so biiiiiiig!!
But still cuddly looking. Love the pic of him and Beja.

Thank you for the pics, John.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG John how Carmelo has grown and filled out its amazing, They are stunning . I love the tiger they are one of the most beautiful I think. Great Pictures, I could do without the bug though

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John, all the pictures are just stunning as usual!!

I still
Ambers little ear tufts! Beast "what big ears you have!!!"
I think I love the cougars the best and then Rowdy the bengal tiger!!! Deja is just so beautiful!! I love seeing her pics. My goodness, Caramelo's footsie is just as big as yours!!!

Thanks for all the new pics John, we all needed that fix!!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I'm here now!! And the bat has been put away.

Of course, Aurora is first. She would have it no other way. Baxter is bigger - and well fed.
Oh, I want Lil Roar!!!!! Gimme gimme gimme!!!!

Okay, enough for this post. Waiting for the rest to load!
Thank you for putting the bat away
Hey, you know Aurora wouldn't let me put her last. I don't think she even likes that I only had 2 new pictures of her
Yes, Baxter likes to eat, so I have to keep an eye on him so he doesn't get like Tommy.
My goodness, Caramelo's footsie is just as big as yours!!!
Yes and I have big feet
Carmelo is going to be a big cougar boy when he is fully mature. I can tell by how big his paws have become.
Wow - what beautiful cats they are! Carmelo has really grown.
I know, he isn't my little cubby any more is he. But, he still has all the love of when he was a cub.
I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. As always, I will keep my camera busy with more

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow... it's always so cool to see your exotic interacting with your domestics. Amazing pictures as usual and if inter-species dating was acceptable I'd be asking when Boris is available! I notice you have some very beautiful very close ups of Nakoma... does he let you pet him yet?

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Amazing pictures as usual and if inter-species dating was acceptable I'd be asking when Boris is available! I notice you have some very beautiful very close ups of Nakoma... does he let you pet him yet?
Well, I think I need to ask Amber if Boris is available

Nakoma does let me get that close to take pictures or just sit next to him, but I can't pet him. He does watch me pet our other bobcats and the domestics and it looks as if he is thinking, "I wonder what that is like"? He will sit on his platform and watch us inside the house. But still, he just doesn't understand what touching means. But, that is ok to me. I know he is happy living with us and I will always live up to my promise, to give him the best life he can have.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Well, I think I need to ask Amber if Boris is available

Nakoma does let me get that close to take pictures or just sit next to him, but I can't pet him. He does watch me pet our other bobcats and the domestics and it looks as if he is thinking, "I wonder what that is like"? He will sit on his platform and watch us inside the house. But still, he just doesn't understand what touching means. But, that is ok to me. I know he is happy living with us and I will always live up to my promise, to give him the best life he can have.
Aww... well, my hubby may not be too keen on Boris and I either so Amber can keep him.

At least Nakoma has a good life now. It wouldn't surprise me if one day he got brave enough to find out what petting is like. He's beautiful and always looks very content.