Our EXOTIC furbabies

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, what a gorgeous boy!!
He looks like a real sweetheart and I love the going to take a nap pick the best. As always, I'm in love with Aurora, she's so beautiful.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
wow! He just blows me away! He's so awesome. I love the picture of him sleeping in the box too - just love his huge paws!

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am serious - I really wish I could have a bob - I already don't go anywhere on vacation - the 11 parrots aren't easy (impossible) to find a sitter for! If I didn't think the bob would try to eat the birds, I would persue it!

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
beautiful beautiful big cats
I do not have the time to devote to an exotic as much as would just love to have one or more in my home. So I vicariously enjoy the wonderful stories of those who are lucky enough to share their lives with these beautiful cats.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Carmelo!
He has grown so quickly!
Aurora, you are beautiful as always!!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful pics! I shouldn't have looked! I want a Bobcat even more now!!
( I know he's not a Bobcat but seeing him makes me want one!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

I am amazed by your household that's for sure! And how well your domestics seem to be with there much larger friends. To they play together? I would worry that that the exotics could get a little carried away or rough when playing and could accidently injure you pixie bobs.
Yes, they do play together. Since the bobcats and cougar came into our home as very young kittens and cub, the domestic cats let them know who was boss around here
They get along very well, but if the exotics start to get a little to crazy, the Pixie Bobs will let them know it. The only one I need to watch is our oldest, she is 16 years old. When we are not home, she goes into a room by herself so the bobcats and cougar do not get to rough with her. The domestics also have places where they can go, that the exotics can not go, because they are to big. For the most part, the bobcats and cougar tend to play together more than they will play with the pixie bobs.
can you post a picture of the bobcats' tails? i was told that my cat may be part lynx. i posted a thread about this, it's called "help me figure out what she is". i couldn't be more sure that she isn't any kind of wildcat, but if you could look at her tail, you could probably tell in a second if it resembles a bobcat or lynx tail
Here are 2 pictures of their tails

Amber - thanks for that response, I had some of the same questions. I just would like to know how big your yard is, where you live (state? very rural?) and if most state ban keeping exotics?
Yes, I live in a rural part of Ohio. Down one end of my street there are wetlands and in another area, corn fields. At the moment, we only have 1/3 acre, which is fine for the bobcats, but we have been looking at other areas to buy more land. I want at least 5 acres to as much as 20 acres if possible. I did find 40 acres of land, but I was too late. A farmer got that. As for the laws on exotic animal ownership. Every state is different. Some states have bans, others have regulations and some have no regulations.
As always, I'm in love with Aurora, she's so beautiful.
Aurora says Thank You
I need to take more Pixie bob photos too.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are a few pictures of our Pixie Bobs (the domestics)
I may have posted these before.
Aurora enjoying some outdoor time in the perimeter area of the bobcat enclosure.

This is Lil Roar, Aurora's daughter, taking a stroll out in the enclosure as well.

This is our little girl Cinnamon.

This is Tommy Boy. He weighs about 19 pounds.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

You should see the size of the litter boxes here. I have one that is about 3 feet by 2 feet
Carmelo would love to have you cuddle with him in the box as well
Oh my!!! They are huge litter boxes!!

Tell Carmelo that I'll be over as soon as I can afford the flight!

Your pixie bobs are gorgeous too!!
It looks like Lil Roar is trying to look like on of your bob cats and the last picture of Tommy Boy really cracked me up!!

What a cute bunch you have there!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

That picture just screams bliss...sigh...i wish i could spend my days like that!
I know. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to take a nap in the sun whenever you felt like it. Yes, they are a spoiled bunch

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what amazing pics. I am so jealous!! But it isn't something I could ever do - when you posted the weights of the bobcats, i was trying to work out their sizes cos one of my fosters came weighing nearly 20 pounds - he is big enough thanks, couldnt imagine one twice the size!! Plus I would have to move country!

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always so enjoy looking at all your "babies"! I loved the post with the PixieBobs, I think I am totally in love with Tommy Boy! As far as rules/regulations go, are they really considered domestics? Because I love all your big cats, but know that in reality that may never be a possibility for me. Me and my boyfriend love Manx cats, we both have one, are the Pixie bobs similar to this? If you have any good links to some Pixie Bob pages I would love to do some research on them!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AshleyNicole

I always so enjoy looking at all your "babies"! I loved the post with the PixieBobs, I think I am totally in love with Tommy Boy! As far as rules/regulations go, are they really considered domestics? Because I love all your big cats, but know that in reality that may never be a possibility for me. Me and my boyfriend love Manx cats, we both have one, are the Pixie bobs similar to this? If you have any good links to some Pixie Bob pages I would love to do some research on them!
Tommy boy is such a ham isn't he?
Yes, the Pixie Bob breed is a domestic breed. The legend of this cat states that they are part bobcat. That matings beteen domestic "barn" cats and bobcats took place and this is how the Pixie Bob came about. Whenther this is true or not, has not been proven. DNA tests show no bobcat blood, however, these tests are not always conclusive. The breed founder, Carol Ann Brewer, states that she has spoken with some people who owned the barn cats who swore they saw male bobcats hanging around their barns. Could these have been real bobcats, or just domestic cats born out in the wild who had bobbed tails? No one knows. However, you can see some familiar trates with the Pixie Bob that do resemble bobcats. They are large boned and tend to be quite large when compared to most domestic breeds. Whether this legend is true or not, doesn't really matter to me. They are a wonderful breed of cat with a great disposition. Here is the link to Carol Ann Brewers site. She is the Pixie Bob breed founder. This is where Aurora came from
http://www.pixie-bob.org/

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for posting pictures of your pixie bobs! I forgot how adorable Cinnamon is too, she has the cutest face and Tommy Boy is stunning! I love his big furry paws.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just got to see the pics on this thread (computer in the shop and the library computer would let the pics load). I LOOOOOOOOOVE THOSE BIG COUGAR PAWS!!!!!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I've just got to see the pics on this thread (computer in the shop and the library computer would let the pics load). I LOOOOOOOOOVE THOSE BIG COUGAR PAWS!!!!!
Those paws are as wide as my hand, maybe even a little bigger. I can't even begin to tell you how much work it is to have him inside the house, but one thing is for sure, I never regret bringing him home. I wish I could let everyone here, come over and get a big cougar hug and cougar kisses. Yes, Amber and Boris would be in line for the same