Our Dryer Bit The Dust

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I like the Maytag. The drum is cavernous compared to the old dryer.

It's really quiet; heck, I don't even hear the blaster buzzer when the load is done.

But who in the world decided that the lint trap should be on top of the dryer now? Good grief. I can just see me being in a hurry one morning and bending the lint trap, trying to get it back into the dryer. That's just ridiculous!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My dryer is 20 years old and the trap is on top. I think it just depends on the brand as to where it is.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That's what Rick said, too, Denice. I don't like it though. I guess it's just different and, once I get used to it, it will be fine. I'm just glad to have a dryer again.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The old dryer I had before this one was that way too. I thought the lint trap on top was ideal. I don't know why but not as much lint slipped by the filter as does now. I really liked it better than the one on the Amana I have now.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My grandparents always had a lint trap on top. They were loyal GE consumers. Especially considering both my Grandfathers retired from GE. My Grandmothers didn't get muchchoice I guess. :lol:

I would prefer a no electronic/low bell and whistle washer and dryer set. I still get kind of annoyed with the fact that I have to close my washer lid to get any water running. I cant use the water to fill the fabric softener dispenser or rinse the detergent cap. Or quickly add a sock I missed. Who has time to stand there and wait for it to let you open the lid?!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
When we looked for a dryer, I told the sales person I wanted no "bells and whistles" and nothing electronic. This Maytag is exactly that.

Sorry, but that lint trap just bugs the heck of me. I'll get used to it. Our old dryer was 20 years old and you get used to something, then it's hard to break the habit.