Purraise
IMG_1110.JPG
IMG_1111.JPG
IMG_1112.JPG
IMG_1113.JPG
IMG_1114.JPG
IMG_1115.JPG
IMG_1116.JPG

I love seeing other people's books, as well as sharing my own. You can learn a lot about someone by looking at their shelves.

These were actually taken almost two months ago. My shelves are a little messy at the moment. My other books are boxed up in my closet.

What are your shelves like?

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Katie M has some great books on her shelves. And those old Edison recording tubes are groovy!

And 1catovertheline has some beautiful old books(and 1 yummy cat)in that bookcase.

Once my books are read,they make their way into boxes in storage. Too much other stuff like music gear,bar essentials(liquors) and art stuff I would rather keep inside. It's hard to keep a modern minimalist look once you have lived long enough to collect the stuff you wanted when you were young.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie M has some great books on her shelves. And those old Edison recording tubes are groovy!
Oh, the tubes aren't empty ;)

I am a HUGE history buff. Quite a few of those history books on my shelves are about science and technology. Mauve is about the invention of the first synthetic dyes-you have to be as geeky as me to find THAT interesting.

But geeks are the coolest people I know :rockout:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine That's a unique way you've displayed your ornate books in the last picture. Are they old/rare books? How do you keep Moo Shu from knocking them down?

My bookcase is seven feet tall! It has alternatng shelves with my books and collection of music boxes. Some of the music boxes are animated, like the doll and a clown atop a velvet box. Chicquitita isn't interested in the music boxes, lucky for me so they don't get knocked off the shelves. Sometimes she jumps to the very top of the bookcase to get a good view of her kingdom. :purr:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
mani mani is that a collection of ornamental neti pots on the top?
They're not ornamental (well they are, but you use them). I get them made by Multicap, who look after people with high disabilities. A potter makes the pots and they are decorated by some of the clients. So my students have quite unique neti pots. :D