Opps... my foot is the size of a balloon!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Were your nails polished before you were bitten? They are looking good.

I hope that the swelling is down tomorrow. Let us know.

Originally Posted by fwan

kool nailpolish!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gilly

It was defo the bug that caused it he said.... thing is with bugs, you don't know what they have landed on / eaten before they decide to bite the human
so that's what causes the infection.

The swelling went down a bit last night, but this morning I woke up in a lot of pain and now the swelling is on the other side of my foot! It hurts more today than yesterday so I hope it's just a case of the nasty stuff being zapped. Oh and I had to stand 9 stops on the tube this morning so I am sure the extra pressure didn't help....

If it's still bad tomorrow night, I will get an appointment for Thursday. I might take a pic of me feet to show you all tonight! hahaha
Bugs can be bad.. About a year and a half ago when my BF and Landlord were replacing our broken water heater, my BF was bitten or stung by something! He thought nothing of it, thinking it was a bee or something. After a few months he started getting these marks on his hands, feet and legs. If he got a cut it turned into this mark. He finally found out after about a year that he has lichen planus. It looks gross but isn't contagious, unfortunatly it isn't curable.. They don't know what exactly causes it but knows that trauma sometimes causes it. I hope you start to feel better soon and keep us informed!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Seeing how red it is, I definately think you need to go to the Doctor again. Something like that could lead to blood poisoning
Well, the good news this morning is that it's not red anymore
It still hurts but the swelling has gone down a tiny bit! I think that antibiotics have kicked in now

But, I will keep an eye on it just in case!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

kool nailpolish!
Thanks!
It's an Elizabeth Arden one - I have had it for a few years and it is great for summer!

Originally Posted by xocats

Were your nails polished before you were bitten? They are looking good.
I did my nails on Friday afternoon, then Friday evening I was bitten! Look how long my toes are
My second toe is longer than my little fingers!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouchie Gilly that looks bad!

Are you definately sure it's from the bug bite?
It reminds me of the celulitis I had. I thought I had gotten bit on the ear (that's were it started) but my ear lobe swelled up so bad I though it would pop! Also the redness spread quickly to the side of my face. It was extremely painful!

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh Gilly that looks terrible and I am glad you got it under a Dr's care. It definitely looks like cellulitis and if the swelling doesnt go down soon have them change the antibotics.