Open sore a week after tick removed

Blu2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, a week ago my cat's eye was watering a bit more than usual (he's a persian and I've always just cleaned his eye and put a drop of the stuff we bought at the vet for that purpose, in his eye) and I felt a tick on his cheek below his eye. A few weeks earlier I also removed a tick from the same spot. I got the new tick off him and dabbed some colloidal silver on the area. The next day his eye wasn't watering anymore. I've removed quite a few ticks from both our cats this year and have never had a problem.

Two days after I removed the tick, his eye was watering again and I thought maybe a stray hair was irritating his eye. I wiped over his cheek and felt something like a big bump. All I could make out through the thick hair was what looked like scabbing. I thought maybe our younger cat tried to play fight with him and one of his nails hooked into his skin.

I've been dabbing colloidal silver on every day. Yesterday I was suddenly able to see the sore through the hair, and today it's completely visible and the hair over and just around it seems to be gone.

I took a photo of it. Has anyone come across something like this on their cat? If so, what caused it, how did you treat it and how long did it take to go away?

Normally I would take him to the vet ASAP, but I am going through a really difficult time financially at the moment, my car is not working and I live more than an hour away from the closest vet.

He vomited grass twice, yesterday and the day before, but his appetite has been great. He was sleeping more than usual until this morning though, for about 3-5 days.

Any advice will be appreciated..

Attachments

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It’s common for the head of a tick to break off in the skin, causing inflammation and infection. It’s imperative to find a way to get your cat to the vet. This could get really bad quick.