Online Dating

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your input! It's just hard to make yourself sound interesting with out sounding conceited or moranic.

The new guy (I don't even know he's name yet!) just sparked something for me. He sounded so intelligent and genuine. Did you catch the part where he said he was once a Pro Athlete? I'm just dying to find out who he is....I'm so fasinated by that. I guess I'll find out who the Mystery Man is if he ever replies back to my email. Now it's just a waiting game.

Thanks again for checking that out!

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you, there is something very genuine about the "new" guy. He seems very relaxed and honest and caring.
Yes I did catch the pro athlete part
So maybe he wants to get to know someone just by beeing himself, but not a selebrity. The no-name thing is probably not because he has a hump and a hairpiece!

And you´re welcome, anytime

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been reading this thread on and off, trying to decide whether or not I should share my story... and since I'm typing this, I guess that means I will!!! I met my boyfriend online. Here's the short of it...

A band that I saw was handing out flyers... on the flyer they were advertising their online 'punk rock dating service' that could be accessed through their website. One day I went on there, just for something to do, and I came across Josh's profile and picture. I thought he was incredibly handsome and was amazed that we liked so many of the same bands and movies. I IMed him not long after... found out he had a girlfriend (but what did I care.. he lived in IL while I was living in PA). We chated online as friends... emailed as friends... him and Stacy (
) broke up, we talked on the phone as friends... the two of them got back together (we stopped talking)... he emailed me after a few months... resumed IMing and emailing and talking... they broke up for good. Then...

He took a greyhound bus out here (15 hours here, 26 hours going back) to meet me last April. We got together. He moved here last September... and life is wonderful.

I agree with the idea (and I'm sorry I've forgotten who said it) that you can't be 'looking' for love. It just finds you. When I went on that 'punk rock dating service' I was honestly on there just to waste some time... I thought it might be amusing. It took about a year and a half for Josh and I to meet for the first time... which was great, because we already had this incredible friendship... It made the rest of the process go so smoothly...

So anyway... I'm down with online dating. I hope that you find someone who makes you happy... just don't be in a rush (= You seem like an incredible woman... let the men come to you!!!!