Online Dating

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See Shell I knew he would email you back.
That sucks, I hope he forgives you.
Awwww! That stinks about his gran, I hope you two can sytill be friends ay?

Good Luck Hun!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update:

Ric and I have been chatting on & off for a couple weeks now. Unfortnately, no major sparks are flying for me.
He has yet to really open up and talk to me. Still just 2 or 3 sentences per email...nothing really interesting. Not sure how long this is going to last...

Good news, I got an email from a great guy. He really sounds like someone I want to know more about & we've got a TON of things in common (plus he likes cats!
). One problem...no picture. I don't want to sound mean or anything, but I've just gotta know what the dude looks like. I plan on sending him a email tonight and maybe get to know him better. OH...did I mention that he used to be a PRO ATHLETE?

I'm really not a "gold digging" kind of gal but that would be SO cool to date someone like that! Hopefully he's not all brawn and no brains!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shell the new guy sound great . Well why don't you just ask him to send you a picture of him . I would
...good luck girl

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! In his email he said that his harddrive on his PC crashed and he lost all of his files including the pic files.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I always take things slow...that's just the kind of person I am. Thank you for being so sweet and concerned...that means a lot to me!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry no sparks are flying between you and Ric!
He sounded really nice as well.

It's a shame this new guy has no pic, Does he live near you? It's good he likes cats.

Good Luck Shell!

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Shell
First of all, I don't want to sound desperate or anything but I did put an Online Dating Ad on a month or so ago.

from my perspective - and if your photo is anything to go by, what the hell do you need on line dating for?? I am stunned that you dont have a black book full of people wanting to take you out and enjoy your company.
You are - from what I know of you and apologise that I have not known you for that long - warm hearted, have a terrific personality, having a huge and caring heart and I bet you are the sort of person that any man would love to be in the company of.

Its not about being with the adonis of blokes, if you took one look at me - you would think "hmmmmm - back end of a bus", and I often wonder why the hell my wife fell for me??? Why did she ditch her boyfriend of 5 years on the evening of our first date and he looked a hell of a adonis in comparriosn to me - and then three weeks later - we were engaged! I can make her laugh, am nothing to look at, I can do all the DIY stuff and love to do it. I can fit burglar alarms etc and love to fly models and full size airplanes... I love to drive and go places, take her out and still love her company.

I think that - and again from what I know of you, any man would be thrilled and would walk taller than the CN tower having you walk with him on his arm. If things were different - i certainly would.

Dont go looking for love, I did for years and found nothing. I fell for my job - problem was love has a way of finding you and biting you in the ass and its an incredible feeling. I shook like a leaf every time I was with Carol for ages.

You are an incredible person, put the black book away and relax, go out with friends and dont go looking for it , it WILL find you. If it can to this back end of a bus - it will definately for someone who looks as good in the photo as she writes on TCS.

And - if you ever find yourself in the UK, I would be honoured with my wife to take you out for dinner and show you around. You are exactly the sort of person my wife is - what more can a man want - except in my case a deep love of lasagne!!!

Kev

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by WellingtonCats
I'm sorry no sparks are flying between you and Ric!
He sounded really nice as well.

It's a shame this new guy has no pic, Does he live near you? It's good he likes cats.

Good Luck Shell!
I'm still chatting with Ric...well, I do most of the chatting anyway.

He's a nice guy...I just wish he'd open up to me a bit. I even asked him if he had big plans for the weekend (I was trying to hint around a bit) and his reply was "No...I'm sure I'll find something to do though". That was not the answer I was looking for!

As for the new guy...he hasn't replied back to my email. He lives in Lincoln (which is where I'll be moving to in a month or so) and it's about 70 miles away from here. He does like cats...so that's a big plus for me!

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by kev
Originally posted by Shell
First of all, I don't want to sound desperate or anything but I did put an Online Dating Ad on a month or so ago.

from my perspective - and if your photo is anything to go by, what the hell do you need on line dating for?? I am stunned that you dont have a black book full of people wanting to take you out and enjoy your company.
You are - from what I know of you and apologise that I have not known you for that long - warm hearted, have a terrific personality, having a huge and caring heart and I bet you are the sort of person that any man would love to be in the company of.

Its not about being with the adonis of blokes, if you took one look at me - you would think "hmmmmm - back end of a bus", and I often wonder why the hell my wife fell for me??? Why did she ditch her boyfriend of 5 years on the evening of our first date and he looked a hell of a adonis in comparriosn to me - and then three weeks later - we were engaged! I can make her laugh, am nothing to look at, I can do all the DIY stuff and love to do it. I can fit burglar alarms etc and love to fly models and full size airplanes... I love to drive and go places, take her out and still love her company.

I think that - and again from what I know of you, any man would be thrilled and would walk taller than the CN tower having you walk with him on his arm. If things were different - i certainly would.

Dont go looking for love, I did for years and found nothing. I fell for my job - problem was love has a way of finding you and biting you in the ass and its an incredible feeling. I shook like a leaf every time I was with Carol for ages.

You are an incredible person, put the black book away and relax, go out with friends and dont go looking for it , it WILL find you. If it can to this back end of a bus - it will definately for someone who looks as good in the photo as she writes on TCS.

And - if you ever find yourself in the UK, I would be honoured with my wife to take you out for dinner and show you around. You are exactly the sort of person my wife is - what more can a man want - except in my case a deep love of lasagne!!!

Kev
Kev, You are such a sweetie! Thank you so much for the kind words! It really made me feel good.

My biggest problem finding Mr. Right is my location. I live in such a small town and everyone thinks I'm just "the girl next door". Plus, the men here are either married, married looking for something more or drunken fools that can't find a woman to save their lives.

I honestly think that I intimadate guys. I'm not sure why, but not a single guy will come up to me when I'm out on the town. I'm not a party animal and I don't act like a drunken nut or anything. I just hang out with my friends and have a good time. I might occasionally get a free drink, but most of the time I leave with out even being noticed. It's just so disappointing. Even when I go out of town, I get the same results. The most odd thing that I've noticed is that if I'm with a guy, quite a few men check me out. That is just the weirdest thing to me. I remember visiting my now ex boyfriend in Omaha and we went to a nice restaurant...I got asked out 4 times that night. And each time was RIGHT in front of my BF! Bill was not a happy camper, but yet he did admit that it was flattering to him that so many guys wanted HIS woman.
Silly man!

As for my little black book, I don't have one.
I can count all of my past relationships on one hand....2 very committed relationships and 2 high school relationships that didn't last very long. Come to think of it, I think I can count all the guys I've ever went on a date with....now, that is sad!

Kev, once again thank you for all the kind words. You're wife is one lucky woman to have such a caring and sweet man to call her husband.

Quit those negative thoughts...You are not the back end of a bus! Just remember, someone who is real knows that looks, money, and material possesions don't guarantee happiness.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shell, I just opened this thread! This is an exciting follow up story!!! I was gonna take a look at the first guy (Rick?), do I have to register to be able to see him? This other guy also sounds interresting, any word from him?
To bad Rich didn´t take the hint about the weekend.
I met my s/o on a Blind Date, and we just hit it off right away. I thought I had nothing to loose, and one dinner with and unpleasant guy, would be nothing more than a dinner with an unpleasant guy instead of doing nothing that saturday night. But - he turned out not to be unpleasant

So I just want to say GO FOR IT, you don´t have anything to loose, if the ones you meet are a pest, you just don´t marry them!

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sess, you crack me up Girl!
I think it's wonderful how you and your S/O met!

No you don't have to register to see his profile. His user name is WildandRomantic (funny,eh?
). Could you look at mine and tell HONESTLY what you think? It's so hard to talk about yourself with out sounding like a dumba$$.
My user name is Huskerbabe77.

Thanks!

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to search for Wildandromantic, but before I could see him I think I had to register.
I´m gonna try again, and also try and look at your profile

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nobb, I don´t seem to be able to see the profiles, after I type the username I want to search for it says: Sign in to continue...

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BTW, if you want to check out the new guy's profile his username is gwhoisit.
Thanks!

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sess, I just tried to send you a PM but your box is full!

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...I really liked your profile, Shell, it´s honest and I think it has an honest, straight forward feeling.

I like the Wildandromantic, but there´s something, I can´t put my finger on it, maybe it´s just me beeing paranoid. He really seems nice.
The gwhoisit is also really nice, on some level more attractive (if you can say that, not knowing him at all
) Maybe he is just better in expressing himself. I like his attitute about there beeing more to a person than you can see, it´s a good thing to get to know each other a bit first. I know I would go for the "good looking one" first, but that one might not be as good looking on the inside!
(I have to say, I would NEVER have guessed myself dating a bold guy, and now there´s one of them living with me! I probably would not have given him a chance if not for the blind date!)