One random thing NOBODY here knows about you

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More: I ate the jerky while getting ready to go with my mom to a doctor's appointment. While feeding a puppy. While texting my husband. While letting another dog outside. While being online and while getting an iced tea ready to go with me to the appt!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am WAY too sensitive for my own good. The littlest things can hurt my feelings. It's really a curse. I wish I could be as carefree as everyone else around me.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

Dont feel bad. I know how to swim, I was even a lifeguard long long ago...But Im scared to death of fish which is why I never swim in anything but a cement pond. Im petrified they are going to bite my toes off and then a shark will come to eat me while a jellyfish immobilizes me from being stung!

Yup Ima weird one!
I imagine the same things happening to me! It creeps me out not being able to see the bottom of the ocean!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Thank God you are not scared to death of cats!
I was when I was little. And I was again, as an adult, of Daisy....I was so afraid of her that I thought I would never be able to go in my den again. But now we're one big happy family.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never learned how to ride a bicycle. It is amazing how people will look at you and the things they say when they hear you can't ride a bike.

On the flip side I am a total bada** driving a car! I should be a race car driver. I love it when a car responds to your directions...such bliss!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was 15, I worked on a film - was an extra in a movie about Alexander Graham Bell - had a speaking part and everything. Since it was set in that time period, I got to wear the clothes that they usually wore - it was hell because the weather was so warm and the clothes were so thick....

I swore after that that I would never be an actor!

ladyhitchhiker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hiccup absolutely every day. Just a few and then they're gone. My mom does the same thing!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker

I hiccup absolutely every day. Just a few and then they're gone. My mom does the same thing!
How interesting. What does the doctor say about this?

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Years ago, I used to do a short spot, once a month or so, for the local cable company's channel. I chose a new library book (I work in a library) to review. I wrote the script for my interview and set up a display, and they'd film it for t.v. For example, if I was reviewing a cookbook, I'd make some of the recipes, and also gather some of the older books on the same subject.

Even my husband doesn't know I did this! (This was many years before I met him.) I even forgot, until now, that I had done this! They made a video of my segments for me, but I still haven't watched it, but my parents did. I'm too shy to watch myself on t.v.--I had to leave the house while they watched it.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

Dont feel bad. I know how to swim, I was even a lifeguard long long ago...But Im scared to death of fish which is why I never swim in anything but a cement pond. Im petrified they are going to bite my toes off and then a shark will come to eat me while a jellyfish immobilizes me from being stung!

Yup Ima weird one!
OMG Me too!! I never thought anyone else was terrified of fish like I am and I thought I was weird too!!

I don't swim anywhere but pools because of this either, fish scare me the same way snakes scare some people I guess, I'm just scared that they will swim along my body and will touch my skin with their slimy cold bodies...ughh just thinking about it just now gave me chills...

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to high school with the actress Jaime King. She was in Gary Unmarried and the movie Pearl Harbor, among other things. She was a year younger than me but we were in some of the same classes. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0454809/ Her brother was in my sisters grade.

Other than that I'm pretty boring. I do have a weird nervous tic, though. When I get nervous or upset, I scratch/dig at the palm of my right hand, at the big muscle part under my thumb. I have a big callous built up there from years of doing it. No clue why I do that. My husband says it is just in my head, but I swear it seriously itches like CRAZY when I do it.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

When I have a cd player in my car - haven't had one since the last one - I like to drive around town with the music cranked listening to Weird Al's "White and Nerdy" and "Amish Paradise" and act like I'm a tough person listening to gangsta rap. I laugh at people's faces when they see me driving by because they're frowning thinking I'm thinking I'm tough listening to gangsta rap, when really I'm just geeking out to awesome nerdy raps.
That's HYSTERICAL! (As are Weird Al's parodies--I love the Amish Paradise video, have you ever seen it? I love the Amish "wristwatch" on the guy using the scythe to harvet grain. It's a sundial on a watchband! Try youtube, they may have it posted.)

ladyhitchhiker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

That's HYSTERICAL! (As are Weird Al's parodies--I love the Amish Paradise video, have you ever seen it? I love the Amish "wristwatch" on the guy using the scythe to harvet grain. It's a sundial on a watchband! Try youtube, they may have it posted.)

I loooooooooooooooooove it! And have you watched the other one? White and nerdy? He's riding a segue in it!!! And rolling around in bubble wrap..

Weird Al is a genius.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...I think I'm the youngest female to have hunted Dall Sheep in the Alaska Wrangell Mountains...at the time I was, and directly after that, they closed it to hunting.

I flew with my 2nd cousin from Cheyenne, WY to Chitna, AK (I think) when I was 16. It took about a week to get there. Then we flew into a hunting camp (no roads) and walked to the mountain. My great uncle and other second cousin were hunting guides. So it was me and a 50 year old and 2 30-somethings. Two of us got our sheep, and "Morris" is still with me, albeit being displayed in my garage, as my hubby isn't that into hunting!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't think of anything good!

I'm left handed (don't think anyone here knows that?)

I have never driven a car (or other motor vehicle, except for go karts!)

I've been on local and cable TV and had my photo in the Chicago Tribune (with my previous dog, Ginger, in all 3 cases!)
The local tv was a news report about a dog event I happened to be at and also in a news feature about our animal assisted therapy group which filmed at the hospital where Ginger and I volunteered. I was on cable TV on an episode of K9 to 5 on Animal Planet, they featured a dog in our animal-assisted therapy group and filmed the dog's first session at the hospital where we volunteered (I was mostly in the background but Ginger was in the intro and close up to the camera), and we were in the Chicago Tribune when they did an article about things to do with your pet which included a big photo of me and Ginger on a canine cruise.
Of course when I mention those things I usually just tell people Ginger did them, and oh I was there too. A local pet columnist/radio host/celebrity once called Ginger famous.

When I have a cd player in my car - haven't had one since the last one - I like to drive around town with the music cranked listening to Weird Al's "White and Nerdy" and "Amish Paradise" and act like I'm a tough person listening to gangsta rap. I laugh at people's faces when they see me driving by because they're frowning thinking I'm thinking I'm tough listening to gangsta rap, when really I'm just geeking out to awesome nerdy raps.
I love Weird Al! I've seen him in concert 2 or 3 times.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm... Something that no-one knows about me...

Well I was bullied for 6 years, that's why I'm so self concious and shy

But a more interesting one is that I've met Gok Wan the TV presenter, and oh my gosh! He was horrible in real life! All we wanted was one picture with him and he was so stroppy and moaned about it! Then he stormed off to his taxi and left! He definately doesn't act like he does on TV in real life! Stupid man! It made me so angry because my mom really liked him and wanted 1 picture with him, and he just really pushed us away

luvmy10

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I met Gieselle Buchanaan (sp) at Raliegh Airport when I was 15. =)

And I am fluent in 5 Languages, English being second best, lol!