One random thing NOBODY here knows about you

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

When I was 11, I was a topless dancer. NOT by choice!
Let me explain....

I took tap dancing classes (high kicks chorus line type of thing) and was the most "physically mature" girl in the class. Our costumes for that years dance revue were these flimsy one shoulder things and NOT made for someone with a chest (you see where this is going, right?). So there I was, in the center of the line, on stage in front of 300 people, kicking my heart out...and suddenly I realized one of the "girls" decided to pop out and say hi! Let me tell you, it's very hard to untangle yourself while in a line to adjust your costume. And yes, my dad got the whole thing on video.

The next day my mom took me out to buy my first bra!
Oh, no!

I agree with everyone. This is a really fun thread.

I kissed Robin Trower on the lips! I was at his concert and afterward a line formed for autographs. I didn't have a pen and paper and didn't care. I just wanted to meet him. When it was my turn, I was so thrilled that I pulled his face toward me and kissed him!

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i saw the original Led Zeppelin in concert in july '77 in Tempe, Az. it was the 3rd last concert they had in the US

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From the time I was 1985 until 1994 (I was 6-15), my family lived in Japan. My dad was in the Navy. The first 6 years (2 duty tours) he was stationed at Sasebo, on Kyushu, the Southern-most island. Near Nagasaki. The first 18 months we lived "out on the economy", in a Japanese house. Then some housing opened up and we moved to the Naval housing area. The last 3 years he was stationed at Kamiseya, a tiny radio base near Tokyo. We lived in housing on base at Atsugi Naval Air Station. It was cool. I never learned to speak Japanese properly, though I know some basic words. And I can read 2 of the 3 alphabets....but I can't tell you what it means! Unless it's an English word translated into Japanese characters.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can drive a motorcycle perfectly, but I never learned how to ride a regular bike.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know a man named Rene. Or did know. It was a while back. He was nice.
Too bad Rigel isn't !
O.K. I'm just kidding!

Everyone's stories are great and so much fun to read! I've been around so long that I've already shared my stories. I do have a new one. I speak a little Korean and last summer I went to a Korean "noraebang" which is a karaoke room that you rent out by the hour I'm halfway through my life so if I make a fool of myself it really doesn't matter. So I grabbed the microphone, the tamborine and sang a couple of Korean pop songs complete with disco lights bouncing off the walls. Of course there are closed circuit TVs in the rooms. I'm sure that they were rolling over with laughter at the front desk and probably called over all their family and friends for the evening's entertainment to see the old white lady sing. My Korean friends that were in the room were too polite to laugh but I'm sure they wondered what language I was trying to sing in
It's probably on YT somewhere but there is no way I'm looking for it.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to go offroading in my explorer. Husband keeps telling me not to but...keeps...calling...my...name:S!!!! And I loveeeeee driving through heavy rain to hit the puddles(ya I never grew up I know)

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My thing that nobody knows about me isnt so much a secret and isnt as neat as some peoples but here goes:
I really dont care for people face to face, I dont go out of the house by choice and the only person I choose to be around constantly is my BF who understands my 'issue'. I dont have any 'real' friends but I do have a lot of internet friends. I live for TCS and GRF where I can actually talk to people and feel comfortable enough to actually be myself.

My little fun fact though is that when I was a sophomore in hs I went to an NCA cheerleading camp and was the only person on my whole squad who was eligable to become an actual member of NCA and cheer in the Hula Bowl. However my fear of flying kept me from actually going but I can still lift a girl who is up to 30lb heavier than my one handed!
For how petite I am (5'3'' 110lb) Im surprisingly strong, yet I cant open a pickle jar LMAO! Geez I miss cheerleading sometimes.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

My thing that nobody knows about me isnt so much a secret and isnt as neat as some peoples but here goes:
I really dont care for people face to face, I dont go out of the house by choice and the only person I choose to be around constantly is my BF who understands my 'issue'. I dont have any 'real' friends but I do have a lot of internet friends. I live for TCS and GRF where I can actually talk to people and feel comfortable enough to actually be myself.
Me either. If I didn't have to work I'd probably never leave the house again. Except maybe to climb a mountain with my sister or my friend Barb once in a while.

ladyhitchhiker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I have a cd player in my car - haven't had one since the last one - I like to drive around town with the music cranked listening to Weird Al's "White and Nerdy" and "Amish Paradise" and act like I'm a tough person listening to gangsta rap. I laugh at people's faces when they see me driving by because they're frowning thinking I'm thinking I'm tough listening to gangsta rap, when really I'm just geeking out to awesome nerdy raps.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I'm sure we all have some little interesting factoid from our lives that nobody else here would know about is. So let's hear it!

I'll start:

I used to be involved in strength training paralympians, and through that I became assistant coach for one of the Australian national league wheelchair basketball teams, and personal coach for a wheelchair basketball player who was named in the All Star 5 at the 2000 Paralympics
Most people in my age generation claim they have been to Woodstock (1969). But according to a recent factual story I read, 9 out of 10 people that tell you this are lying. Does this mean that I only have a 10% chance of telling the truth? You will have to decide but the fact is I WAS THERE!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Most people in my age generation claim they have been to Woodstock (1969). But according to a recent factual story I read, 9 out of 10 people that tell you this are lying. Does this mean that I only have a 10% chance of telling the truth? You will have to decide but the fact is I WAS THERE!
I have a brother-in-law who still has his tickets, but readily admits he didn't attend; they ran into the traffic and finally turned around and went home.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I have a brother-in-law who still has his tickets, but readily admits he didn't attend; they ran into the traffic and finally turned around and went home.
Perhaps he could have got there with a convoy of trucks?

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never learned to swim and because of this I have a huge fear of water! Not pools but lakes, oceans, etc!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

I never learned to swim and because of this I have a huge fear of water! Not pools but lakes, oceans, etc!
Dont feel bad. I know how to swim, I was even a lifeguard long long ago...But Im scared to death of fish which is why I never swim in anything but a cement pond. Im petrified they are going to bite my toes off and then a shark will come to eat me while a jellyfish immobilizes me from being stung!

Yup Ima weird one!