One has to go...

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
It will probably come down to Starbucks. I just don't get the appeal. The coffee is mediocre and overpriced and I don't like how I can never sit down in the place due to people who practically live there. I rarely eat Chic Fil A so I would have picked it, if I had not had so many disappointing experiences in Starbucks (order mix up, crappy coffee, etc.) Just don't get the place.:headshake:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Political crap is right! I will never go to Chic-Fil-A because of their religious beliefs and the fact that they are anti gay. Your grand kids rock!!!
Well, I'm kind of the "political" grandmother. There are important issues in the world today and I have a tendency to talk about them. When they mentioned Chic-Fil-A for dinner that night, I opened my mouth. I also said it was my personal opinion, not because of any boycott. My son looked at me and started shaking his head and I said, "No! This is important and they're old enough!" And we actually had a long talk about it. Afterward, he took me aside and said, "Thanks, Mom! *sigh*". And I said, "Well, you know me. I'm going to talk about things. It's important."

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So agree, but the time I went and wasn't impressed was before all the political stuff came out, so boycotting was no hardship!
When we first moved to North Carolina, I decided to try Chik-fil-a and the chicken sandwich tasted very bad to me. So I agree, boycotting them is no hardship.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think they tried to have Target in Canada but they failed spectacularly. You'd think they'd know how to open new stores but I guess not :dunno: .
Serious spectacular failure! I was at one location's store opening, and was shocked to see empty shelves in a just opened store! It's too bad they failed, as it would have been nice to have a Walmart competitor, but alas, Target was here and gone in about 2 years. :headshake: