One has to go...

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Chick-fil-A. I can do without their political crap. When we visited with the Grands, they wanted Chick-fil-A for dinner that night. And I refused outright. And told them why. Son wasn't particularly amused. But oh well. He told me about a month later that they've not eaten at Chick-fil-A since bc of the Grands. They said nope, not doing it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chick-fil-A. I can do without their political crap. When we visited with the Grands, they wanted Chick-fil-A for dinner that night. And I refused outright. And told them why. Son wasn't particularly amused. But oh well. He told me about a month later that they've not eaten at Chick-fil-A since bc of the Grands. They said nope, not
doing it.
Political crap is right! I will never go to Chic-Fil-A because of their religious beliefs and the fact that they are anti gay. Your grand kids rock!!!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chick-fil-A. I can do without their political crap. When we visited with the Grands, they wanted Chick-fil-A for dinner that night. And I refused outright. And told them why. Son wasn't particularly amused. But oh well. He told me about a month later that they've not eaten at Chick-fil-A since bc of the Grands. They said nope, not doing it.
So agree, but the time I went and wasn't impressed was before all the political stuff came out, so boycotting was no hardship!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can go without all of them. We don't have a Target or Chick-fil-a and I will never go to a Starbucks. Due to the pandemic, I have ordered a couple of times (exactly 2 times :lol: ) from Amazon...but in all honesty I could go without that one as well if I had to.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly have never had Chik-fil-a, and not for political reasons. There are only 2 in this state, and they're both on college campuses and have inconvenient hours. They're opening one in Sioux Falls soon, I think I have to try it at least once.

I don't have Starbucks very often, but it is nice to know what to expect when traveling. I've had some really bad coffee from independent coffee shops, at least SB is consistently mediocre, lol. And you can always find one. But there are enough coffee shops now that I could probably go without.

I like Target although I rarely go. They have fancier things than Walmart, sometimes you need something nicer.

And I couldn't do without Amazon, honestly.

So I'll say Chik-fil-a, because there are plenty of other chicken restaurants. Have you tried Popeye's chicken sandwich? Delicious! Most hyped-up fast food items don't live up to the hype but that one does.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chik-Fil-A Not because of boycotting, I don't get into the whole boycotting thing but because I very rarely get fast food. A number of years ago I ate way too much fast food. I was getting older and knew I needed to give up eating so much fast food. I went completely without it for about two months. Ever since I really no longer crave any of it. Every once in a great while I will get it just for convenience not because I really want it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chik-Fil-A can go.
We don't even have one here anyway. I couldn't live without my Amazon and Target.
I love coffee, but we don't have a Starbucks here. I think the closest one is 3 hours away.
If we had one, I'm sure I would go there. I do buy their packaged ground coffee though!