Omg!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

~love_that_cat~

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys!
Well, do not know what the problem is, but Mishka had some serious gagging and drooling and looks very very scared now. I would not say he looks ill- cause he was running around the house like crazy, but his gagging was close to vomiting, he even made noises, like he was trying really hard to push something out of him... I followed him around- no vomit found at all,
I do not know if the shot of fluids under his skin is a problem, but of course- he will not eat right now. He is running away from me like crazy. And I have three pills I have to feed him with- I do not think that will make him happier.. I just do not get- what is his problem and why his recovery is so hard on all of us?! Maybe if I would not give him med he would feel better on his own? Cause every time in a morning ( before pill) he acts so happy and eats on his own and jump on our bed, and purring, just one sweet little guy.. and then I have to give him his pills- and for the rest of the day- he is pretty much drugged...

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if it's possible that Mishka is having a bad reaction to the medicine itself? People can be allergic to different drugs, I would imagine it could happen to a kitty, too. It might be a good idea to check with your vet; maybe he could prescribe something different for your baby. You might want to contact him before you try pilling Mishka again; if he's on some sort of antibiotic, it won't hurt him to miss a dose while you check out the possibilities.
Sending loads of good vibes your way; I think you're doing an awesome job taking care of Mishka.
Please check with your vet.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think if Mishka keeps eating on his own, he can probably skip the appetite pills. He does need to keep taking the antibiotics. They sell something called pill pockets, that are tasty things to hide pills in for a cat.

I know it was suggested before, but maybe if you put a little butter or margarine on the pills, the taste will be hidden?

I also like those cans of cheese, that squirt out. Cats love to lick that off your fingers. If you get Mishka on your lap, licking a little cheese off your finger, then pill him, then another lick of cheese...that may help. (Like the turkey trick.)

Best of luck. My Garfield is hard to pill...he was extremely ill as a kitten, and just the thought of medication stresses him out! He used to foam at the mouth after taking his antibiotics as a baby...poor little guy!

~love_that_cat~

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
libby74that is what I thought too- so I asked vet today- and she said most likely no- he just does not like medicine, but she did give me a different antibiotics. She also said that she could give me liquid form of it, but most likely he will spit it all out, cause if I am having problems with pills, liquid is much easier to spitt out... so I got him pills again...Thank you for your support!
Beckiboo, I will try both- the cheese idea and batter. Maybe it will help.. Right now when I move close enough to Mihska, he is getting really vocal- letting me know to stay away, and if I try to touch him, he gets up and moves to a different place... and he seems pretty upset with me..

And I can not skip his appetite medicine, cause without it he won't eat AT ALL!

~love_that_cat~

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mishka eats, plays and MOST IMPORTANT- WE GOT A POOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

As a reward I am not going to give him his appetite med, but I promice to watch him closely till tomorrow and if his appetite will decrease- will go back to that pill!
Oh, I am just so happy!!!!! Thank you for all your support, guys! I do not know what would I do without it!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news!!! I suspect that he's either tasting that pill all day (you know how you can taste that vitamin, and burp it up all day?) or it's bothering his tummy a little. Elsa only had about 5 days of pills, which I did not have to deal with. But if Mishka's got a fever, he should keep with the antibiotics. It does sound like you're on the downhill side, let's hope it stays that way!

shanghaic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like Miska has had a rough ride the last week or so. Sending lots of hugs
and good vibes to Mishka and hope he recovers soon

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ~love_that_cat~

Mishka eats, plays and MOST IMPORTANT- WE GOT A POOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

As a reward I am not going to give him his appetite med, but I promice to watch him closely till tomorrow and if his appetite will decrease- will go back to that pill!
Oh, I am just so happy!!!!! Thank you for all your support, guys! I do not know what would I do without it!
Great news!!! Keeping my fingers crossed he can eat without the pill! You are doing an awesome job!

~love_that_cat~

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much!!!!
Yes, please keep your fingers crossed- but it seems like Mishka is finally getting better. He eats a lot! And very often- without a pill!
He figured that part out I think!
Plus he got back to his rutine: at night he follows me to the bathroom- I take a shower, he jumps in there after I got out and licks water from the walls, then he jumps on our bed and on my hubby's chest and lies there till hubby is asleep!
The rest of the night he spends sleeping on my feet or on me ( on my side, since I can only sleep on a left side, cause of the baby). In a morning when hubby leaves, he ALWAYS goes to the bathroom after him and drinks water from a toilet bowel ( guess why? cause that is the only time he can catch it open right after hubby used it LOL ) and then jumps right back to the bed on hubby's place and sleeps there untill I get up!!!!!
And this morning before I left house- he already ATE!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!!

My husband was like a lightbulb- so happy and excited that Mishka is back to the way he was! I just hope that he is really recovering from this!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you & your hubby (and Mishka, of course).

~love_that_cat~

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

way to go Mishka
everything is sounding really promising
(except the drinking from the toliet bit
)
yeap you are right- but I can not fight them both- My hubby and Mishka! They have this tradition for so long now and I am not the one to tell them to brake it!

~love_that_cat~

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, this is not making any sence to me.
He is acting really great, his appetite increased - really! He eats so many times a day now and drinks plenty of water and acts like himself. He poops now two times a day!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT! This morning I woke up from him making noise- he was vomiting. There were two splashes of vomit, just his food and very-very moist, like soup. Any ideas on what could cause this? We have vet appointment on Tuesday.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know ... possibly Miskha over ate.
If you have any doubts call your vet to be safe.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember, Mishka has been thru major surgery; there may be a few surprises yet to come from the little guy. If this is a one time thing, I really wouldn't worry about it. If he starts vomiting more often, I'd call the vet. I know you're worried about him ( what a good cat-Mom you are!) but don't let it make you crazy
Hope this was just a case of too much, too quickly.

~love_that_cat~

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeap, it seems like he overate..
Cause for the rest of today- he was just fine... I still think he might have a reacton to his medicine- maybe antibiotics upset his stomach or smth.. don't know.. Anyways.. if I will be the same way I am with MIshka with MY BABY- I'll go crazy... that is for sure.. his evey little upset face makes me wanna cry and helpless, cause I do not know what to do..
Crazy.. I just love him so much, can not wait for him to get better!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like Mishka is recovering as would be expected.
Hang in there....
if you have questions do not feel like a pest if you need to call your vet's office.
It's their job to give you the answers you need to care of your boy.
You are doing a great job.