OMG We haz Labor

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
congrats to you and the new momma
- you did a great job!

Please have her spayed ASAP, so she (or you) will never go through this again... for momma and babies!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So glad to hear things turned out well. Please keep us posted.

I have seen many tabbies born, and they do usually look black at first, until they're dried off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, we have 7 healthy kitties. I had food and water down for her since last night. I'll get some pics posted up asap. I gotta head off to work now but omg those are some seriously cute babies. Interestingly enough, Loudmouth spent a good amount of time on her back as well. That's how we managed to deliver that first one finally. So, to sum up.

Long night. Mama's great. 7 kittens born and all healthy. Pics soon.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

congrats to you and the new momma
- you did a great job!

Please have her spayed ASAP, so she (or you) will never go through this again... for momma and babies!
Yes, PLEASE get her spayed soon, so she won't have to ever struggle through another experience like this one. You're lucky she survived this time- I wouldn't chance it!

I can't wait to see the white one with orange spots- they always make such cute kittens! (is there really an ugly kitten though? honestly...) Congrats on everything finally turning out the way you hoped- if possible, however, I would still take her to the vet when you think she's done JUST to make sure there are no more, like a big one or a dead one
. I've heard that it's very common for something like that to happen with cats (seen it in dogs), and for it to go unseen until the mommy gets really sick... Who knows, it's possible unfortunately
. Then again, I ain't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies! Never had to do it with cats (did it with horses, but I doubt that will help you here
)

Can't wait to see the pictures!!! Hurry up and get back from work so you can take them!

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear everything turned out ok and that the kitties are healthy.

I agree with the others. PLEASE spay her before she gets pregnant again. It's not only to keep down the population explosion of unwanted cats, but also because it is HEALTHIER for the cat. Spaying reduces the probability of premature death due to uterine cancer and other health issues.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm glad everything turned out well for you.

Just a few reminders for everyone
:

If you see a post you have an issue with, please report the post by clicking on the exclamation point in the red triangle found in the upper right-hand corner of the post and let the Moderators make the determination if it is indeed upsetting or offensive. That is what we are here for.

If you are going to post advice to a thread, please read all of the comments before posting to see if the OP has already tried your advice.

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We've had just as many placentas as kittens, and every one of the fluffies is up and moving around as well as 1 day old kitties do. I had to change the bloody bedding but now everyone is clean and dry. Loudmouth already has an apt set up for 7 weeks from now for a spaying. We're hoping I can keep her from escaping that long. I tried getting her spayed last time she had a litter but they wouldn't do it because she had milk. this time I switched vets. this one wants to wait until all the kittens are weaned, but will still do it if she has milk. ok, but I guess now on to the part that everyone REALLY wants to see. I'm setting up a new cat page with the new babies. it'll be my 4th kitty page up there by my name. Hugs to all. thanks so much for all the support.

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SamhainBorn

Loudmouth already has an apt set up for 7 weeks from now for a spaying. We're hoping I can keep her from escaping that long.
She'd hate this, but I have an idea...can you restrict her to a completely indoor room (a spare bathroom might work if you have one) so that if she gets out, she gets out into the house instead of outdoors?
Originally Posted by SamhainBorn

ok, but I guess now on to the part that everyone REALLY wants to see. I'm setting up a new cat page with the new babies. it'll be my 4th kitty page up there by my name.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Right now I still have 3 kittens from her last litter (no luck finding new homes for Torbies) so she is being kept in the one spare room with the babies for now at least. I've let her out a few times when I know no one will be coming in or out of the house. She's not liking it at all right now but I have to keep the two litters separated, and I can only imagine how difficult this is going to be on her if I try to keep her in that one room for the next 7 weeks. I'm still doing everything I can to get the Torbies adopted, but no one likes the way their pattern looks.Tough competition. Anyway, we're all still doing well. I'm going to post a few pictures to a different site later, and add a link to them to this thread. One of the kittens actually has a smiley face/horseshoe on it's back. Oh so cute.

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kitty update:

We have patterns.

2 Dark classic Torties
1 bright orange Tabby
1 Very distinct grey Tabby
2 White based patched torties (one with a smiley face!)
1 White and black patched

I don't wanna disturb mom too much with trying to take pics. She moved her babies to the corner where I lean the guitar cases, so we're gonna wait a day or so before trying to take better pics. But the babies are priceless! And they all have nice round bellies.

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw thanks. They are rather cute and I'm having trouble deciding which one's cutest. Did you see the one with the smiley face pattern on it's back? How priceless is that? Loudmouth did a good job this time. Maybe I'll have more luck finding homes for these babies than her last litter of "Ugly" Torbies.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just so you know, in case you don't... Indoor cats have a MUCH longer lifespan- many years more. Even if she's an indoor/outdoor cat, her life is more threatened (no matter where you live really) than just living strictly inside. So it would definitely be in yours and hers best interest to just keep her inside. Since she likes to go outside, you will just have to get a lot of enriching toys and such for her, like perches to look out windows, prey toys, etc.

Those kittens are too cute for words! I especially love the calico- I'm partial to calico's! And the one with the smiley face on the back- make sure to point that out when you try to find a home for it, it's a good "selling point"
. And I think that torbies are some of the most gorgeous cats in the whole world- one of my former cats was a torbie-type, and everyone thought she was just beautiful. Definitely not ugly, people just don't know pretty when they see it apparently!

I'm so happy to hear everything is going well, everything was in panic-mode for awhile there! Sending hoping that things keep going well.

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanx Mismarris. I know that they're safer inside, but then again, how much life would we humans be able to actually live if we lived in fear of ever venturing outside because it was dangerous? Right now she is certainly going to be strictly indoor. Even after she is spayed, she'll still have at least a week before she gets to go out. But eventually she will be allowed her short, supervised outside forrays. I respect the opinions of everyone on TCS, and I also respect people's opinions and practices on their own pets. I just don't have the heart to deny my vaccinated, spayed kitties from getting some fresh air and chewing on some grass, pouncing on a few leaves, and feeling the wind ruffle their fur. Thank you for the vibes, and as an update, everyone is getting fat! All babies have big round nom-nom bellies. And oddly enough, Loudmouth seems to be happy with them under the guitars. she hasn't moved them lately!

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you and your friend were able to help with the success.
Thanks for posting the pictures.

Y'know this is the first time I've ever heard the word "torbie" - I had to Google it

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Honestly, in my 23 years of life I'd never even seen a Toribie kitty. Then I end up with a pregnant Loudmouth and she has a whole litter of them (5 out of 6 kitties were torbie!), and I needed a word to describe them. Of course, TCS had a great name for it. You learn something new everyday.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
here's some pics of my kitty I had to rehome, Sidney. She was a medium-haired torbie, for those of you who don't know what one looks like. (she really was a mix of everything
) and sorry about the eyes in the pics, just figured out how to work my mom's camera

Sorry, bad picture:

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mismaris777

here's some pics of my kitty I had to rehome, Sidney. She was a medium-haired torbie, for those of you who don't know what one looks like.
Sidney looks great. thanks