OMG this is it!

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did you call another vet to see about the meds to induce?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was just reading another LOOOONG thread about a cat that took forever to have kittens and it was exactly the same situation and the kittens came out fine. It was just a matter of them getting the dates wrong on the breeding or whatever. I hate to say this but I don't have the money for an oxytocin shot and the only vet open is an emergency vet. If she NEEDS it I can find the money but since she seems okay and things seem to be progressing at their own rate, I don't think I need to interfer with what's happening.

Today was the first day she got in the crate, nested around, and stayed there. I think we are very close. She has been having normal stools for days and suddenly today she had a loose one. I don't think she's eaten today either. It all sounds like labor to me.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh and her temp is still down to 99.6 I think it was. I know that her temp is usually higher in the afternoons so seeing 99 is hopeful.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok. So how is her contractions going? Does it seem to help that she was out of the room for a while with you?

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What seems to help is belly rubs and trying to express milk from her nipples. I know that the stimulation causes contractions because it does in women too. BUT that said I cannot stay there in the room with her all day long and rub her belly. I stayed with her for 2 hours earlier because my girls were napping and it seemed like she was making some progress and then nothing. So I left. There's nothing for me to do but sit and watch her sleep and I just cannot do that.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
3 kittens so far and I feel at least 2 maybe 3 more.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow! Once she got going she didn't waste any time, did she? Can you tell what colors they are?

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No wonder she held them so long. Two different fathers for sure. The first three are cream and small,the fourth is bigger and gray. The fifth is huge and black! I feel another for sure.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great!!!! How are they doing? Did she ever have another one? Can you post pictures?

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She had 6 total. I'll post pictures here in a few minutes.