OMG this is it!

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's finally time. I think Carly's water broke. Her entire back end is a mess. I was at a doctor's appointment so I didn't get to see what happened but she's restless and eating still. She's having contractions, I can feel them. I'm ready!

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great!!! Keep us updated. Is she at the pushing stage or just early labor?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just want to make sure that this is normal. Her discharge that she's leaking is pink tinged. She's leaking it all over the place. Every time she sits down she leaves a spot of pink tinged discharge. Her back end is completely wet. I am not even bothering to clean it because it's just going to get wet again.

I am pretty sure this is early labor.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's normal. She might even bleed some. As long as it's not a heavy bleeding she is fine. Baby Girl didn't do the pink tinged discharge or bleed but some do and it's all normal. If she has green, foul smelling discharge or heavy bleeding she needs to go to the vet.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nope no green or anything. I called the vet's office and they said she broke her water that's why her whole back end is wet and this is very normal. If she goes too long when she's visibly having contractions I have to call them.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Most sites say 1 hour of straining without a kiitten you should call the vet.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nothing much to update right now. She's trying to rest and she's contracting because I can feel her stomach get hard and then relax. She did appreciate the belly rubs and rolled to her back to get as much as she could. Her girl parts are very swollen and she's still leaking a bit of red discharge but it's not as much now. She's moving around like it hurts her to walk so she pretty much just walks only for what she needs and then lays down. I took her temp just to be sure she wasn't running a fever and it was down to 99.0. I'm guessing we will be seeing hard contractions this evening?

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Baby Girl took 8 hours (that I know of) to get to the pushing stage. But her water didn't break until she started pushing. She is also a small cat so it could have taken longer for the babies to move down then it will for Carly. I have read that it could be a couple of hours to 24 hours. I don't think it will take her that long though. Does she get up or move during the contractions?

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She moves around a lot while she's trying to rest but one thing I have noticed is she will stretch out her back legs and either try to press them on something or bare down occasionally. I'm guessing the pressure makes her do that. Since she was leaking this stuff in small amounts before my appointment, should I start counting hours from there?

Originally Posted by cslenker

Baby Girl took 8 hours (that I know of) to get to the pushing stage. But her water didn't break until she started pushing. She is also a small cat so it could have taken longer for the babies to move down then it will for Carly. I have read that it could be a couple of hours to 24 hours. I don't think it will take her that long though. Does she get up or move during the contractions?

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so exciting!!!
Come on little babies!
Come on Carly!
Keep us updated! It could be anywhere from 2 min-10 hours...
For an easy delivery!

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She was probably in labor before your apt. if she was already leaking the discharge. I would start there. Baby Girl started pushing on things with her back legs a couple hours before delivery. Then she started jumping up and moving during contractions, even if it was only to reposition herself. But she also was trying to push on things with her back feet when she was starting to push. Is she kind of on her belly and baring down? This is what Baby Girl did right before the big pushing started.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No she stays laying on her side. I just checked on her and she stayed laying in the same spot until I got something from under the sink then stood up and shivered and flopped back down because she just couldn't walk anywhere. What's with the shivering? Is that because their temp is down during labor? She keeps looking at me with this face like she's just unsure and I keep trying to reassure her. If we are looking at 10-12 hours then I'd say around 7-9 pm tonight.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lying down on her side is good...Can you tell how many contractions she's having in a row? When they get to about five or so, you know the kittens should be coming pretty soon.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its really hard to tell right now. I hope I'm feeling contractions because there is no other reason for her to be leaking bloody discharge. Right now it feels almost like a wave that goes up to the spine and then the kitten will start squirming around right after. She is very loving right now so she can't be in too much pain yet.

Originally Posted by CuteKittenKat

Lying down on her side is good...Can you tell how many contractions she's having in a row? When they get to about five or so, you know the kittens should be coming pretty soon.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think it will take 10-12 hours. But we all know what Carly says about what we think. LOL.There's nothing that says she will do the same things Baby Girl did during labor. Is she panting or is her nose flaring when she breaths?

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Baby Girl was really loving until it came to pushing the first baby out. Then she was in so much pain she grabbed my hand and bit me. I yelled, she looked at me and went back to biting and pushing. Lol. Baby Girl NEVER bites. She went right back to loving after the baby came out.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How is Carly doing? Is she pushing yet? Has she had any kittens yet?

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nope nothing yet. When I checked on her she was laying on her stomach with her back legs underneath her like you said Baby Girl did in her labor. Her food bowl was empty so I put some food in there and she's eating now. I keep thinking she's going to wait until the middle of the night to start pushing them out.