Omg! Omg! Omg!

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just walked into my room to get some clothes out of the hamper to wash and there is Nina with a baby kitten...yes...one snow white kitten!
I am freaking out! I expected her to give birth next week. The vet said she was further along but I thought I knew when she got out. The only option is that Cassidy is the father. OMG!
She is very proud and doesn't even look like she had to work for it. I don't see any blood. I don't see any sign of another kitten either. She had her baby in the closet, where Adina had her litter. OMG! OMG! I am freaking out.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congradulations!

How many did the Vet say she might have??

No blood in the hamper ??? Could she have moved it??? Just in case I would check around your house to see if you find signs of birth and maybe other kittens.

Hope Cassidy is fixed by now otherwise please keep them apart till she is finished weening the kitten and is spayed otherwise you WILL have another litter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes, there is a wet spot in the closet where she had this baby, but very little mess. I am so taken by suprise I am weak at the knees.
Cassidy was neutered 3 months ago. I adopted Nina from a Siamese rescue in the Santa Barbara area and I was told she was spayed. I didn't worry and I waited until Cassidy was 5 months old and then had him neutered. Nina has never showed signs of being in heat. The only thing is she escaped about 5 wks ago and I thought that she may have been in heat then... but I thought that only after I saw her belly had begun to grow. I made an appointment for her to be spayed and she escaped again. When she returned, about 6 days later, her belly was large and she had an upper resp. infection. They wouldn't spay her. The vet said she was further along and that she was having a small litter, she never got huge. I am currently fostering a momma who had 5 kittens in the same closet and she was HUGE.
Oh, dear, this is the mess I had hoped it wouldn't be. I hoped she had gotten pregnant when she escaped because then I wouldn't feel like I had done something so wrong.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How can you beat yourself up when you were lied to.

What matters is that your are such a good mom to all the wee ones that wind up at your door step.

I know sometimes it gets a little overwhelming - but heads up and look into their little faces - dosen't that make it all worth it!!!

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just checked the receipt from the vet. Our last checkup was last Saturday and he said he bet she had delivered before next Saturday. I said "no way" and we laughed. She had them almost exactly when he said she would. According to my calendar she should deliver the 21-23 of June. Her baby is beautiful and big and no wonder I didn't feel any movement...it had a room to itself. I am overjoyed that there is only ONE kitten. I still have seven foster kittens and two mommas, one who is in heat

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Amy------ You did NOTHING wrong!!!!!!!!! if you were lied to and she had silent heats there is nothing that you could have done about it! wow so still only one kitten????????? She sure looked MUCH bigger than carrying one kitten to me! LOL CONGRATS. how has she done so far with being a mom? I know you were worried.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Junior, she still has only one kitten and no signs there is more to come. Her belly still feels a little full but I have been feeding her a lot
. She was just in the living room an hour ago, hissing at the kittens, I am completely shocked
She is being an excellent mother and doesn't mind if I inspect her bottom and touch her baby. She had not left the closet and the baby is nursing fine
Isn't nature amazing? She doesn't get along really good in the animal world and is odd in the human world too, but she seems to be doing well as a momma so far. I will watch her very carefully though. Geez, I am soooo shocked.

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
wow that is GREAT. maybe she only has the 1 or she is resting with more to come.
GL and nature is wonderful on how they know to be a mom.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[/IMG]

This is our new Surprise. She/he has pink ears, nose and the pads of its feet are pink. I can see some light grey tips on its back. I am thrilled that there is only ONE!

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nature is wonderful! The kitten is beautiful. I cant help but think how pretty I thought Maisy (bottle baby) would be and she is so funny, but adorable. Thrilled beyond belief, and relieved that there is ONE

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww....white kitten!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wait until that coat starts coming in more...she will be a beautiful cat!

Congrats on the new little one. Now Nina can be spayed!

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up this morning to another kitten. I went to bed at midnight and there was no kitten, isn't that a long time between kittens? Here is the picture of the siblings.

[/IMG]

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Amy---- it is a long time but I have heard as long as they aren't contracting or pushing for that whole time it is ok. sometimes they will take breaks between kittens. expecially if one was in each horn they can take a break between each group. awwwwwwwwwwww too cute! I bet they will end up with markings as they get older.

peachez_uk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww bless they are Sooooo Cute
seems like a long time yes, when my peachy had her 2 kittens she was all done within 15 mins.