OMG OMG OMG This can't be real!!!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope that lawyer doesn't expect too much more money. Since when does a lawyer need money more than someone who filed fro bankruptcy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

I hope that lawyer doesn't expect too much more money. Since when does a lawyer need money more than someone who filed fro bankruptcy?
My thoughts exactly!

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will keep sending {{{{{It's you money, hope you get it soon vibes}}}}}.
Good luck!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

No doubt. I hope you get it sorted soon.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not yet. I need to find out what the amount of the demand from the mortgage co's lawyer is. Then I can either accept it and take the $$ that's left, or can contest it, in which case it would go before a judge.

As of last week, there was no news. Thanks for asking!

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The latest: their attorney wants half.

Yeah, right.

I am going to call an atty in PA tomorrow AM and see if he thinks it's likely that if I fight it, I'll get to keep more than half. If it's worth it, trust me I will fight it.

tilly tiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
good luck and i know whats its like to loose ahouse that ive spent a number of years in but ive fall on my feet now

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 10 Cats

Yeah, right.

I am going to call an atty in PA tomorrow AM and see if he thinks it's likely that if I fight it, I'll get to keep more than half. If it's worth it, trust me I will fight it.
Just make sure that if he thinks you can keep more than that, the differential doesn't go into his pocket.

Good for you for being willing to fight, though.
Hope you get good answers in that conversation.

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah, right.

Good luck. I hope that something can be done about it.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just caught up with this and I am wishing you the best of luck in this stupid mess. That lawyer has no right to any money if you filed bankrupty. I don't understand how they can just take money all of a sudden after you've filed and been done with it. that's illegal in my opinion. I'd fight it all the way!
Sending you get ALL the money vibes!!!!!

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Luck! Sending {{{{{It's your money, you should get to keep it all vibes}}}}}.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like grand theft to me.
It was YOUR home! That attorney wasn't working for you. I don't understand why you have to pay him!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

After a horrible run of luck that has lasted for about six years, I may have finally found the silver lining in the black clouds!!!

As those of you who know me are aware, I lost my house last fall to foreclosure. Well, I got a check in the mail yesterday for "excess funds" from the sale, totalling almost a year's salary!

I keep thinking this must be a mistake.

Somebody pinch me!

And...passing on the good vibes to my TCS friends, may good things happen to you!!! As far as I am concerned, this is a miracle.
I hope the money is going to good use and treats for the fur family. Miracles do happen. Send some luck my way

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

I hope the money is going to good use and treats for the fur family. Miracles do happen. Send some luck my way
Unfortunatly this does not seem to be the case an evil lawyer is trying to lay a claim on half her money!

I'm so horrfied on your behalf as I'm sure everyone else is too!

I cannot believe how greedy and evil some people are.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sims2fan

Unfortunatly this does not seem to be the case an evil lawyer is trying to lay a claim on half her money!

Why am I getting the flame face. I do not feel I said anything wrong. She posted she got a check and said miracles do happen so I agreed. I said that give her babies lots of treats when she gets her money. I was just teasing as in saying send some lucky vibes my way. I am sorry I felt my post was OK.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just catching this thread and wanted to let you know that I'm sending plenty of good vibes your way! I hope that you can find a way to get at least most of the money, you deserve it with all that you've been through!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sims2fan

I totally agree - some people are so unbelieveably greedy and evil!

Its just unreal how things have ended up being with this money - I'm so sorry you have to deal with all of this, just as we all thought your luck was going to change!

Sending many good vibes to you!