OMG I got a SS Gift ALREADY!!!! Received Thread 2011

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Nat, I'm not even participating in the SS giving, and I'm dying for you to open at least SOME of them! TRUST LOLA'S INSTINCTS! :lol3:
Ya know, if the cats are really attracted to one of those packages, it must be opened!! :nod::nod:

That big box looks intriguing!!

:lol3: :D :lol3:

Last edited:

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was wrong. :anon: One package had no return addy, so I assume SS gift. It was a gift from someone else. So I've gotten the initial package, plus 6 more.

I gave in, started opening. Everything in the packages was wrapped. I've opened one so far - and OMG! :love: THANK YOU TO WHOMEVER MY SS IS! (Of course I have no idea yet :rolleyes: )

Teaser pictures, with more to follow

This was one box:

And this was inside it:

I'm pretty sure a couple of those packages sure look like chocolate to me! :lol3:

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dottie got to the post office today and picked up my SS gift, which it definitely is.  It has a sender's address in France, and says it's from "Le Chat Blanc."  It is for, I believe, Les Chats Blanches.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was wrong. :anon: One package had no return addy, so I assume SS gift. It was a gift from someone else. So I've gotten the initial package, plus 6 more.
I gave in, started opening. Everything in the packages was wrapped. I've opened one so far - and OMG! :love: THANK YOU TO WHOMEVER MY SS IS! (Of course I have no idea yet :rolleyes: )
You mentioned that your santa was sneaky and mailing them from all over. Where did they all come from?

And what did you open?!?!?!? We want to see it!!!!!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You mentioned that your santa was sneaky and mailing them from all over. Where did they all come from?
And what did you open?!?!?!? We want to see it!!!!!!!
I would think you know some of what I got, Auntie Em! The kitties are in absolute heaven (except for the party poopers - Fafeena, Sophie, & Cow). Lola's so overwhelmed with 'new things' she doesn't know where to begin. Kitty overload! :lol3:

My SS is a mind reader. It's cold on the floor, so I needed more 'off the floor' space for the kitties. I've been looking at those hammocks since I first saw pictures....pondering them. They'd be purrfect. I was beyond tickled pink when I opened that package!!!

There was a package from CO, some from IL, one from TX.....I think that covers all the states so far?

And for pictures....this may take a few posts so bear with me.....

Check out the stamps on this pacakge! Kitties on there too

Izzy's gifts

Izzy with her gifts (she just got bathed/blow dryed)

Check out these GORGEOUS things for me!!!!!! Look at the work on the shirt, the blanket..... :9:

The card with the shirt (and yes, I wondered how long before anyone chimed in on white cat lover not having any white cats!):

The card I got with the blanket:

Dory was supervising me

Pics of the gifts:

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my Nat - you are on the dark side!!!
Oh yes most definitely. And not just dark in terms of lighting in the house.....but yes I opened every package I have. :lol3: :blush:

And FYI - yes I made sure the chocolate wasn't poisoned or anything, tasted some of it already. :nod:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:woohoo: Nat - you went for it! :woohoo: That t-shirt and the blanket are AMAZING!!!!!! :thud: Your SS has been QUITE busy! (And doing a lot of traveling? :dk: ) :lol3: Aw, fabulous gifts!!! :bigthumb: (Your SS is spoiling you rotten! :eek: )

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:woohoo: Nat - you went for it! :woohoo: That t-shirt and the blanket are AMAZING!!!!!! :thud: Your SS has been QUITE busy! (And doing a lot of traveling? :dk: ) :lol3: Aw, fabulous gifts!!! :bigthumb: (Your SS is spoiling you rotten! :eek: )
Yeah, Nat figured out pretty quickly that I was her Secret Santa. Am I really the first to be outed this year? :clap::clap::clap:

I only took a single trip over Thanksgiving weekend to a family wedding in Illinois (and didn't mention it here). I have family members from all over the country. They mailed out packages from Illinois, Texas, Iowa, South Carolina and Minnesota. I'm holding out on one more package here which Nat is not getting until closer to Christmas. And either the Iowa or South Carolina package has yet to arrive. My family had a great laugh over what I asked them to do for me.

I guess I am a mind reader - I got you duct tape when you were just going to buy some of your own, and a hammock to get the cats off the floor! I busted a gut when I saw that duct tape - your favorite color is pink and it was an animal print, and you are a new home owner and all new home owners NEED duct tape.

Oh, and there are 7 cats on that blanket which more or less match the colors of your 7 cats. You need to open it up and look at all of them.

I hope you like everything Nat! You were sooooooo fun to have as a Santee!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And you did a fantastic job shopping! :clap: :9:

I have the craziest cats right now. :lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3:

Izzy's toy is just the right size, and she loves toys of that fabric. They're like her "sheep" that she loves.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NAt, what a haul! ANd I love hte idea of getting family all over the country to post hte gifts. Very clever strategy.

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW, look at all that awesome stuff.....the cats are LOVING IT

I am TOTALLY buying one of those hammocks after Christmas, I just love them!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is the package as it arrived here:

The address label:

You will note it came from France.  First hint.  (Some poor soul trusted mail to the PTT--the "Petit Travail Tranquil.")  There's a sender's name...sort of.  It says it's from "Le Chat Blanc."  There's a phone number, which I am NOT going to call.  There's the equivalent of a zip code or an address.  It appears to point to a location in Normandy.  And I know we have a member in Normandy, although the name is not occuring to me.

The box is PACKED with gifts!  When I took this photo, I had already moved them around a little and I took out a wand toy that the kittens investigated.

This is the doll that was not wrapped.  It is all knitting.  The doll is knitted, then the classic "French sailor" outfit is knitted.  Separate hat, shirt pants, and shoes.  Lots of work!

There were two tins of baked goods.  I had to open them, right?

Sterling did what it is cats do with gifts.  He sat in the box!

It's quite a haul.  The only other thing I opened was a container of catnip.  I, personally, am not brave enough to send catnip internationally. 

I figure I'll be a semi-lightsider and open a few gifts every few days.  Watch for updates!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!!! What great gifts! That doll is super cool and had to have taken a long time! The shipping from all over the country was a super cool and sneaky idea! Great jobs santas! :clap::clap::clap: