OMG!! Help Please!!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kkarr

A side street in the inner city. She may have just found him, but this cat is crazy so who knows? How much should i dilute the milk and how warm should I make it?
I think Hissy meant what city/state are you in. Perhaps we can hook you up with a rescue group that can help and it sounds like you need a lot of cats spayed and neutered due to all the kittens.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kkarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry... lol. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. Oh and she's rejecting the nipple and will only take little drops off of my finger. Is this normal????

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Make sure the hole in the nipple is large enough for her to get the formula out ... if she is rejecting the bottle, that may be the reason. Hold her on her tummy, don't feed her laying on her back.

kkarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay I'll test it. I knew you did that with human babies but I didn't know if there was supposed to be a lot of resistance with feline baby bottles.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
if it still rejects the bottle you can try a syringe (without the needle on of course.
) and use that to put a drop at a time in his mouth.

kkarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was going to try an eye dropper. Spaz (since I don't know the sex I just decided to give it a name) is napping now. Should I wake Spaz up or wait til she wakes up to feed her more? She drank about 20 drops of formula and then just laid back and fell asleep.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She needs to eat every three hours so yes, you wake her up to feed her. Running a heated needle through the nipple both ways will stop any blockages, just be sure the needle is slim enough, because she isn't very old and to much liquid in her mouth to quickly can aspirate her.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should probably be stimulating this kitten to help the milk get through it's little system. Im not sure how to do it.

Im thinking just rub his little belly nice and soft, up & down, and in some circles. You can do that while he's sleeping, or awake. Maybe then when he wakes up, he'll need to eat again. And you'll have to stimulate him again.

You've got a tough job on your hands. Sending you lots of vibes....Good luck!

And please keep us posted.

kkarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
With human babies you put them on their backs and gently push their legs up onto their bellies. Would this work well with Spaz?!?

sirha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also stimulate to use the bathroom! But I'm sure the website that Gayef sent you to will help you with all that. Good luck and update!!

kkarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried stimulating Spaz after eating but all that came from it was lots of crying. Nothing came out. I didn't do it for a long time because the site said it could irritate the area. I'm going to feed her again in half an hour and then try to stimulate again.

kgail76

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi kkarr...Just wanted to let you know I am close by if I can be of any assistance. Just send me a PM. Currently living in Northern Kentucky, but lived in Cincy most of my life, so quite familiar with it.

Best of luck to both of you - you will have quite a job, but it will be worth it! Take good care of that lil one!!

kkarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have great news!! I found the litter. Turns out my little Spaz is one of five. Her mother apparently just brought her up here and forgot her or something. But she's back with her siblings and her mommy who lives right down the street so if Spaz or a sibling of Spaz shows up I'll know where to return them. THANK YOU EVERYONE for your suggestions and assistance I was completely lost and now I'm a little better off if ever in this situation again. And if anyone needs some 2cnd stage weeming powder I have a whole new unopened container. Along with anti-bacterial gel or whatever it is. Thank you all again!!

kgail76

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Glad you found Momma and the other babies! Hopefully they will all do well. I might take you up on that offer when my kittens arrive - still waiting!!

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
HOW WONDERFUL! The first two kitties I found were only a few days old...they weren't so lucky....
It's a very hard thing to do...raise the kitties from so small. But THANK GOD you found momma and littermates....

TRUST ME, You are truely AWESOME for being willing to take on this job...

kkarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aw thanks. It was a lot of work and I didn't even have Spaz for 24 hours. Hopefully mommy doesn't bring her back until she is bigger!

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your welcome

Yeah, I had two for 74 hours...It is such hard work, but I would have done it...just as I'm sure you would have. Anyone that has a heart like that is awesome. I just want to hug you for even trying! That is soooo sweet!