Ok, So I Can Adopt A New Kitty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrsd

Love the name you chose for your delicate girl. She's beautiful!
Thanks Sheryl!!! I had a chance to examine her tummy a bit because she has been recently spayed and she has black spots like a leopard, or lynx.

Hissy [ She looks relaxed and a little bit on guard. Good job in the introduction department.
If Pat plans a trip let me know, and I will drive up and bring food! I owe you that much!

Yes Ma'am! Bring Prowler - they are contemporaries.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ash_bct

WELCOME LITTLE SABA!!!

Elizabeth she is gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see more pics

And I LOVE her name!!!

Sasha~ You are such a good boy, being so nice to your new little sister! Please tell your Mommy to give you these
from Canada
Thank you Ashley and Sam!! I posted some new photos in the Gallery, but honestly, she is so quick it's hard. I just need more time with her.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uncannily, she found Freddie's old private spot above the front hall landing. I think she's found her own place now.
In some ways when I looked up and saw her, I saw him, too.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Again good job at helping her to adjust. She is a lucky kitty!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Saba is just so precious! She looks and sounds like she fitting in nicely. Sasha is being such a love...as you knew he'd be. Thanks for the pictures!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Saba
Sasha

She's an absolute love! And what a splendid welcome from your big boy! It sure does sound as if things are going wonderfully well, and Saba is settling in well. That's terrific!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Yay Saba.. Elizabeth, have you ever wondered if she's one of Freddies friends? Perhaps. If you believe that the spirits of the animals you love roam the earth. I think Freddie told her that she was going to have a great home, and a great family. She looks content.. As if she's told that that place is passed down to her.

Love.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

Aww Yay Saba.. Elizabeth, have you ever wondered if she's one of Freddies friends? Perhaps. If you believe that the spirits of the animals you love roam the earth. I think Freddie told her that she was going to have a great home, and a great family. She looks content.. As if she's told that that place is passed down to her.

Love.
What a lovely thing to say, D. You know that is very interesting you mention this. My father thinks she was reincarnated for us, because we had so much grief with Freddie and he was just shy of his 8th month. Saba is about 9-10 months and a long-haired girl version of him. My Dad says this is why is took 14 months for her to get to us. She is exhibiting the same unconditional love, she is very social and well-adjusted as Freddie was, and she's even a jumper, like he was (Sasha is not). She likes the same places he did and had she come with brown eyes, I would have really flipped. But she is her own kitty self and that is good. She is very content already. I had no idea she was a tabby so identical to him in my first conversations with Mayree.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ALL THIS NEWS!!!

I'm glad you have a new addition to your household. All things sound good so far!! She kind of looks like one of my cats that I used to have.
What a very nice birthday present.

Congratulations again

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elizabeth, my fingers and paws are crossed here for you. The little girl sounds like a wonderful kitty, and I'm sure that you'll be a great mommy for her.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOAH! I posted WAY to late..... Geez. Please forgive me. Here is what i want to say now:

She is so beautiful! She looks so happy to live with you! I'm so happy for her and your family! Congrats!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ilovecats

WOAH! I posted WAY to late..... Geez. Please forgive me. Here is what i want to say now:

She is so beautiful! She looks so happy to live with you! I'm so happy for her and your family! Congrats!
Of course you didn't, it's only been since Sunday~~!

Here is an early photo of her. You can see her little personality! Courtesy her rescue family that couldn't keep her....

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your blessings and support. In closing, We feel it's going really well. This morning Saba and Sasha touched noses and then she slinked on by him. He is such a gentle spirit and a great big brother. He brings his bees to her and hopes she will take one...she seems to flirt with him and then blows him off, Eric says, "just like a woman!".
They had their first day in the house together unsupervised for 6 hours during the main part of the day when we are both gone. I came home to her in the entry hall landing, up high, and Sasha was crashed out on the sofa. It was peaceful, and the house smelled really good. She is still scoping out Sasha but she will take steps towards him and then he will blink at her or chirp gently at her and she will go prancing off, looking at him over her shoulder.

Sasha goes into her room every morning when I open the door and inspects everything. Then he poops in her box, and she looks at him and then goes pee in his! This must be some primal communication we are not privvy to.....
I think she is beginning to sense he is not a threat. Baby steps for the baby.
This house has so much love for her!