Saba is sooo lovedly..
I'm glad she's adjusting well.
Here's praying the intros go well, and kisses to both the angels

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Eric made a chicken wire fence that we strung across the door to her room after she got acclimated, so by then it was 9:00. She had a big dinner, but not too much, and she chose the ironing board as her place to hang out.

Then we opened the door and she met Sasha......who was so gentle and sweet with her. He approached very cautiously to the fence and she immediately came to greet him. They touched noses for a long time and she backed off a bit. He was shy and backed off too. And then for the next hour they had an approach/back-off party that consisted of staring at each other and Sasha talking to her in a very similar voice he uses when he calls to the girls across the street to come and play. She was not upset and Sasha was just as mellow as could be.

She really wanted out and managed to wiggle herself underneath the fence because when I came back upstairs to check on her, she was wandering around Sasha's room and the upstairs guest bath where the orchids had just had a shower. She was very good about the orchids and we let her wander around. Sasha watched quietly and very gently from about 10 feet and then went downstairs. We put her back in her room and then watched a movie. I checked on her and she was just sitting on top of the ironing board and looking out the window onto the back yard.

Funny, Mayree sent me a message overnight at 2:26 a.m. and this is very strange in a good way. I awoke at 2:26 exactly, I remember the clock. And I thought I should check on her to make sure she was ok. So I went into her room (we put a kitty nitelight in there) and she was just fine. She has been purring and kissing me and very happy as if to say she wants to see the rest of this wonderful hotel.

Sasha walked over to her door about 4 am and then I called to him softly down the hall from my bed and he came right back and gave me a kiss and went back to sleep. Maybe he was checking on her too.....

It's now 8 am or so and she just finished breakfast and I am about to open the door for the morning hours for a little bit. So we'll see how today goes!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Elizabeth, it sounds like it's going great!!! More pics when you get a chance!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! More photos...I'm enjoying reading about Sasha's gentle approach with her.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's dark and pouring rain here this morning. As soon as we have better light I will take some good ones, so you can see her entire little body. I don't like using a flash in the dark. So this afternoon perhaps? Miss Saba will have a "photo session by the hotel pool". hahahahahahhaa.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup...feels like late November/early December in terms of the light...a very misty morning down here
Good day for a fire in the woodstove, and maybe homemade chicken soup?

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Yup...feels like late November/early December in terms of the light...a very misty morning down here
Good day for a fire in the woodstove, and maybe homemade chicken soup?

Were you thinking of coming up the valley, then Pat???? Our stove is ready for your fabulous cooking. And you know how Sasha feels about chicken.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

Were you thinking of coming up the valley, then Pat???? Our stove is ready for your fabulous cooking. And you know how Sasha feels about chicken.
LOL...I'm not budging out of my cozy little hermit house

I'm a bit under the weather, so plan a very relaxed day

But someday I'd love to come visit, and I'll bring something yummy along (you know nothing like a woman who is on a diet but loves to bake as a friend...tee hee!)

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WELCOME LITTLE SABA!!!

Elizabeth she is gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see more pics

And I LOVE her name!!!

Sasha~ You are such a good boy, being so nice to your new little sister! Please tell your Mommy to give you these
from Canada

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to post this, and then the rest will be in photos where they should be~~

I am just in love with her. Sasha is still being very gentle with her. She walked into the bedroom were he was lying on his favorite heater vent and he just kept sleeping.....with one eye slightly open.
She wants very much to befriend him as he does her, but they each are afraid of the other! I've not been able to get them together yet for a photo, it's much too soon. Here she is underneath the big antique oak table. I think she feels protected by such heavy wood. You can see how tiny she is, as that's the seat of the chair in relation to her.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

Thank you Beryl! Ebony has a new west coast cousin!
I told Stephanie and Sierra the same thing.
Thank you Sandra! and Pat! Thank you everyone. I am so filled with love and joy in my heart. Is this like childbirth??? I look at her and see beloved tabby Freddie in her face, so much like him, but yet she is totally different. She is so tiny!
Like a little lion with her mane and beautiful lynx-like markings throughout her body. Ok so it''s time for dinner. She sure likes Eric......
so cute! Can't wait to see more pics of the new bro and sis together once they're aquainted!

Ebony is very excited to have cousins from all over the world!!! She would love a new brother or sister, but right now moewmy can't find the room for two furbabies in her tiny apartment. Maybe when she moves this summer there will be a new addition, but right now Ebony will enjoy making friends with all her TCS cousins.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She looks relaxed and a little bit on guard. Good job in the introduction department.

If Pat plans a trip let me know, and I will drive up and bring food! I owe you that much!

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the name you chose for your delicate girl. She's beautiful!