Ok is brownish/red discharge ok????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the vet just called. we have a big healthy little white long haired male....... LOL thinking he must look like his daddy who was long hair and white with a black stripe on his head......... wonder if baby will get the same stripe. LOL I have to pick them up around 9pm baby took a few to breath but is doing great now and Angel was still out of it but they want to give her a few to wake up then put the baby on her and see if it will nurse since with no ovaries they want to get the milk flowing as quickly as they can......

eboneysmomma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congrats!!!!!!!!! i am so Happy that your little kitty is here and your Angel is okay and thriving as well. Cant wait to see pic's!!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Eboneysmomma

Congrats!!!!!!!!! i am so Happy that your little kitty is here and your Angel is okay and thriving as well. Cant wait to see pic's!!!
i'm glad you took her in!
asap!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank God and well done mountaindew. I was getting quite worried for you! Give the little one a kiss for me. Oh and remember to monitor his weight from now, once or twice daily!

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes I have to either find my scale or head out and buy one tomorrow..... I had one and I can't find it anywhere now! UGH!!!!!!!!

question (also put on my other one) he is finally nursing off of Angel but she is so out of it and tired right now I haven't seen her stimulate him to go potty after he ate. should I stimulate him for her until I see her doing it????

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mountaindew

Yes I have to either find my scale or head out and buy one tomorrow..... I had one and I can't find it anywhere now! UGH!!!!!!!!

question (also put on my other one) he is finally nursing off of Angel but she is so out of it and tired right now I haven't seen her stimulate him to go potty after he ate. should I stimulate him for her until I see her doing it????
If the belly is nice and round the answer is YES!

(I just wanted to say yes but it wouldn't let me
)

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He seems very happy and content but my youngest just woke me up (she still sneaks into my room at night to sleep) and Angel was up snuggling with me. the kitten was still in the box sleeping soundly but for some reason the box feels cooler to me so have to get a heating pad for it. the 2nd I picked up the baby and he meowed Angel was right in the box with him. I may do a rice sock or something to put in there for now since I have to give her pain meds in 3 1/2 hrs..... the box is padded our room is warmer and I covered the top to try to hold in the heat but it still feels cooler and since he is an only there are no other siblings to snuggle up to......

but he does like the 3rd nipples up which is right at the edge of her fur line but her bottom nipples are soooooooo full. will the milk in those travel up to the 3rd row ones???? I keep trying to get him to take the bottom row but so far not much luck

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
is there anyway that I can get him to drink from the bottom nipples? he always goes for the 3rd row up from the bottom which doesn't look full really at all but he seems satisfied but I don't want her getting mastitis from him not drinking there.

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
From what I've heard, kittens will "claim" a nipple as theirs (and remember the scent of it) and continually go back to it. They will also fight their siblings for "their" nipple. Even though he is an only kitten he has probably still claimed his nipple and wants to stick with it!

(of course I could be way off here!! lol)

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
that is probably it. he uses those 2. just hope there is enough milk up there for him!!!!!!!!!!

here is a picture of mom and baby. hard to get a good picture of them though

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
she is very content and doing such a good job!!!!!!!

ok question. right now she has paper in her litter box (shredded up) can I buy yesterdays news and use that???? not sure what to use with her c-section/spay cut! and they didn't tell me. it was YEARS and YEARS ago since my other cats were done....... UGH I was hoping to get away from the paper.....

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mountaindew

that is probably it. he uses those 2. just hope there is enough milk up there for him!!!!!!!!!!

here is a picture of mom and baby. hard to get a good picture of them though
The little boy is a cutie! And his momma looks sweet and content. I am very glad that both of them are okay.

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
she is such a great mom! I am sooooo happy.

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
as soon as I can get some more good ones I will post. it is hard since he snuggles under her front paws since those are the nipples he likes to use. LOL and when I pick him up and he cries she gets all upset and meows at me to put him back. hahaa!!!!!!

I had both of them up on my bed while I changed out her bedding and put something I thought would be a bit warmer in there. she was ok for a few but then went to pick him up and go back to her box! so I told her I would help and she let me and was VERY happy to be back in her box with her baby.