Ok is brownish/red discharge ok????

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Relax mountaindew...when you get to your room, take out a book and read or do something else. Stop looking at her. I presume this is her 1st pregnancy, so she's unsure of what to do too! I wouldn't be surpised if she has them today or tonight while your having a nap!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I normally watch tv when I am in there. earlier today I was in there trying to nap since I was up so early for work but couldn't sleep so got up and left the room. went and checked on her before I picked up my oldest from school and checked on her when we got back. but just sat in there and let her love on me.

I am hoping she has them tonight while i am sleeping or even when Iam out later tonight. I really don't want to have to take her to the vets. for one the expense as I know there are lots more to come with shots/spaying/neutering etc. plus we are getting our puppy on sun so have shots etc for him and just spent around $1000 trying to save our other dog and the cremation costs... so would like to hold off for at least a couple mo. on anymore big bills...... but will do what needs to be done just like with my dog that just passed away....

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When i was about 12 Whiskers had Kittens. I put her in the Bathroom and my Dad said what are you doing. I said she is Preg and she is having tonight. We went out to Dinner and when we got home Charcoal was born. She started having around 5pm. I got to see the rest born. My Coco had in the middle of the night in the Tub. She had a box but she picked the laundry box to have her Kittens in. Whiskers had on my Shirt. Meeko hated Coco and Stormy but when she went in Labor she changed. She demanded Coco stay with her. She wanted me and kept meowing for me to stay with her. I had to work at 5:30 am the day she had Yoshi. She had around 7:30 Am but would not Nurse him. I got off at 8 Am that day. Coco wanted to nurse him but Meeko wouldnt let her. She was still nursing Stormy at the time. Coco was a very good Mom even though she was 10 at the time. I had to leave her at my Dads because my place didnt allow Cats and there was a unfixed Male. I said fix him but no one did. Coco never got Preg except tht one time. She is the one that can not be fixed because it wasnt safe. Coco did end up nursing Yoshi when Meeko got him off at 8 Weeks. Coco was a very good Mom. She was late like your Cat. Vet told me July and she had Aug 1. I hope your Cat has soon.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry about your Dog. I lost Yoshi and Stormy in the last 6 Months. Meekos on Kitten was Yoshi. stormy was Cocos girl. I know about Vet bills. I tried to save both Cats and couldnt. Our Care Credit went over the limit. Coco got sick with a Bladder Infection right before that. Meeko I took to get blood Tests and a Shot then she got Sick. Now Coco is sick with a bladder Infection from the Depo Shot. I am getting a Pure Bred Kitten as soon as we get a House. i am on the waiting list.

mommaoftwo2006

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My baby crush is doing the same thing! She had some discharge last night and wants to be with me at all times she meows at me and I feel bad because I don't know what she wants. She slept all day yesterday and barely ate anything and is doing the same today. I don't know when she mated I do know it was after 3/16. It has been 2 yrs since I was on here with my other baby Moe who had kittens and Moe was a classic shows all the normal signs of labor so I knew when it was time with her however crush is TOTALLY different and I am worried because we are going out of town Friday and will be gone until Sunday night. I really hope she has them before we leave. Good Luck!

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
we go camping on the weekends so I was a mess last weekend worrying she would have them while I wasn't home. but TG I was close enough to come home and check on her so came home sat and Sun and had a friend stop by Sat night........ and she was fine. but she was also 65-67 days..... if yours was after the 16th but you aren't sure when then even saying the 17th she would be what around 65 days now? so hopefully she will have them before you leave or wait till you get back.

well I haven't been up in almost 2 hrs..... LOL but my room is right above my head and I haven't heard anything at all.... trying to wait but may head in and watch some tv in there. LOL

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
still no kittens. I left her alone all last night till I went to bed and then I just went to sleep. still didnt' work. LOL I have now covered up my window to try to make it a bit darker in there for today and see if that helps.

Called the vets and we have an appt at 2:40est to make sure that everything is going along ok. I felt the kittens moving last night. so she has just over 4 hrs to start giving birth or she is going to the vets..... LOL

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok they just called and changed the time to 12:40 JIC she needs surgery. asked about 11 but that only gave me 15 min to get me and 2 kids ready so that wouldn't have worked. heehee

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
it is funny I keep worrying they will tell me she isn't preggo.... but I KNOW I have felt the babies move... and her milk glands are sooooooo swollen right now. the bald part around her bottom 2 nipples are rock hard and sooo puffed up. she needs to have these babies and get nursing!!!!!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coco was late with her Kittens. I was told July 27th at the latest and she had Aug 1. They were going by the Ultrasound. I hope your Cat is ok.

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well we went and the vet felt and said she could feel the kittens kicking up a storm. so did an x-ray to check positioning and a quick u/s to check the heartbeats. she thought she heard 3 heartbeats. gets the x-ray and there is ONE kitten!!!!! LOL it is a BIG baby and laying side ways which is why we felt movement on each side! the head is on one side so felt that rolling around and feet on the other side so felt them kicking..... So no way she could deliever such a big kitten expecially since it is side ways naturally so she is at the vets having a c-section and getting spayed.... Vet said she was in great health and under no stress at all so that was good and it wasn't a rush to get the c-section so they were doing it around 2:30-3pm EST and calling me once it was all done. then I will go and pick her and the kitten up tonight. will post pictures later on tonight or tomorrow morning.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad that she is okay! And I am glad that you took her to the vet. It would have been horrible if she tried to have a kitten that was much too big for her and had to deal with the pain and the stress.

You are a great kitty mom. Can't wait to see the baby!

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thanks! I can't wait to see it either! Funny I kept having dreams that she had 3 kittens. think I had about 4 dreams with that....... so unless a few are hiding behind that ONE big babby they were all wrong. LOL

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
GREAT news!! So glad that the kitten and mama are healthy!! And the waiting will finally be over for you!! Now...get some sleep

Oh, and of course...post pics when you can

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am hoping I can get some sleep but since it is a c-section they said that can mess up the milk production since the hormones are thrown off so I may have to bottle feed. YIKES there will go all and any sleep. but guess Iwill be awake to potty train the puppy once we get her if I am up bottle feeding every 3 hrs. LOL

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mountaindew

I am hoping I can get some sleep but since it is a c-section they said that can mess up the milk production since the hormones are thrown off so I may have to bottle feed. YIKES there will go all and any sleep. but guess Iwill be awake to potty train the puppy once we get her if I am up bottle feeding every 3 hrs. LOL
Ya, I guess there goes the sleep idea! lol. Bottle feeding kitties is so fun but def tiring! You will have your hands full and a house full! Can't wait to hear updates.
Are you going to crate train the pup? That'll make it a lil easier!

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Most definately crate training the puppy!!!!!!!!

lostmary

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When you get the puppy, PM me if you like. (I don't want to take over the thread). I'm a certified dog trainer and only use positive reinforcement. I can help with crate training, or tell you how to potty train the puppy in a few days. The is no yelling, hitting or anything else. All it takes it being consistent.
Can't wait to see pic of both of your newest members.