OH! I want to adopt one of these babies!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. I guess I just need to be patient for a week or two. If anything happens you guys will be the first to know.

I was looking over Anya's info though and it looks like I need to take her to the vet for a couple more tests. I thought they did the feline leukemia and HIV on her but it appears they didn't. Now that I think back he said since she'd be an only cat he wasn't worried. I have to have these test results to show the adoption agency though... Poor baby. She doesn't care for needles. But then again, who does?

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, I really do hope you can adopt one of those girls. I'm sure Anya would love a friend.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Emily, they took LuckyGirl away to withdraw blood. Probably cause I was a nervous wreck. Although the nurses did say "oooh this ones a fighter!"
I don't know what it'll cost you, my tests cost ~$150, for all 3 tests. They took 1 small vial of blood, and did the 3 tests...and it took 1 week or so to get the results back. Also, she was fine the rest of the day, she was a little protective of her paws, and a little groggy from the rabies & distemper shots at 1st, but after a bit she was back to normal....

I CAN"T WAIT TILL YOU GET ANOTHER BABY!!! I feel like it's me all over again!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess I better go and have it done soon then if it usually takes a week to come back. If I can't get there this week I'll go first thing Saturday morning, bright and early.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got an email from the foster mom. I'm a little confused by it.

First off she commented on how adorable Anya is and how she looks just like two of her other fosters that are brother and sister.

Then she says that she was sick yesterday and wants to move forward with the adoption and will call me later.

What does that mean? That she reviewed the apps and chose us? I'm confused. I don't want to misread and get my hopes up. I wrote back and told her that Brian has the day off and is spending it with Anya and to feel free to call him at home. And also that I hope she is feeling better.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

I got an email from the foster mom. I'm a little confused by it.

First off she commented on how adorable Anya is and how she looks just like two of her other fosters that are brother and sister.

Then she says that she was sick yesterday and wants to move forward with the adoption and will call me later.

What does that mean? That she reviewed the apps and chose us? I'm confused. I don't want to misread and get my hopes up. I wrote back and told her that Brian has the day off and is spending it with Anya and to feel free to call him at home. And also that I hope she is feeling better.
Its a bit confusing, but sounds hopeful? I'll keep crossing my fingers, but at least she said 'wants to move forward with the adoption' thats a good sign!

At least she emailed you back!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Its a bit confusing, but sounds hopeful? I'll keep crossing my fingers, but at least she said 'wants to move forward with the adoption' thats a good sign!

EXACTLY

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

It sounds hopeful. It sounds like she might have accepted your application. But not sure.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she has accepted you - at least that's how I'd read it. You could always clarify with her, but I would be cautiously optimistic.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

What does that mean?
That my dear means you have yourself a new cute baby kitty!!!!
I'd be expecting a phone call from her later to arrange the details of picking her up.

Congratulations, it's a girl!!!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

It sounds like she has accepted you - at least that's how I'd read it. You could always clarify with her, but I would be cautiously optimistic.
Ditto!

Oh please let us know whats going on.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have news. News that will be shared in its very own new thread. I'll see you there in a few.