OH! I want to adopt one of these babies!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

We filled out an application for them to review, did an interview, and they are going to get back to us. If we are chosen as adoptive parents to one of them they deliver the kitten to your home so that they can check out the environment the kitten will live in. They seemed to really like us though.
They sound adorable!!!!

You are a great meowmy to Anya, they can't help but like you as a candidate for one of these precious babies! I'll cross my fingers for you but I don't think you need it. I suspect that Anya will have a new baby sister very soon

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am keeping my fingers crossed for u
those pics of them are adorable
...how can they not choose u tho !!! And u guys hit it off, I hope the director cheecks the applications out soon, and I really hope anya has a new little sibling soon !!!
even tho i dont think u need it, u are already such a great meowmy !!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for all the kind words, crossed fingers, and vibes.

LOL, let me go and play with Anya a little. When we were at the adoption event yesterday we beought two packs of her "pink ball" in different colors. She just knocked one across the room like a pro soccer player and then ended up at my feet like, "Throw it Mommy. Pbblleease??"

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wrote the kittens' foster mom an email thanking her for the chance to meet her and the kittens on Saturday.

I also sent her a couple of pics of Anya to show her the cat that the kitten would be living with should they choose us. I tried to pick ones where she looked extra healthy, loved, and maybe even a little spoiled.

I also said that we were anxiously awaiting a response as to who the kittens would be adopted out to, and if they had any additional questions they wanted to ask me to feel free to write or call.

Think this was a good idea? Too pushy? I just want her to see that we're good people who are capable of loving and taking care of a cat, etc.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I just wrote the kittens' foster mom an email thanking her for the chance to meet her and the kittens on Saturday.

I also sent her a couple of pics of Anya to show her the cat that the kitten would be living with should they choose us. I tried to pick ones where she looked extra healthy, loved, and maybe even a little spoiled.

I also said that we were anxiously awaiting a response as to who the kittens would be adopted out to, and if they had any additional questions they wanted to ask me to feel free to write or call.

Think this was a good idea? Too pushy? I just want her to see that we're good people who are capable of loving and taking care of a cat, etc.
I think it's a great idea. A thank you note will keep you in her memory. Have you thought about sending her a link to TCS? She may just like it here, and it's also proof positive that you'd make an amazing Meowmy to one of her fosters.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I think it's a great idea. A thank you note will keep you in her memory. Have you thought about sending her a link to TCS? She may just like it here, and it's also proof positive that you'd make an amazing Meowmy to one of her fosters.
I thought that, but then I got all paranoid about this thread, and that Brian's initial hesitance would make them say no to us.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck and lots of Get the Baby vibes!

I have to say, when we filled out the application for Mojo I felt really good about it because of everything I've learned here at TCS. When we left I told Earl, "I'm pretty sure that I aced their quiz."
I knew that I had the right knowledge on declawing and food, and sure enough - they called the next day saying that we were approved!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOOHOO! I finally figured out multi-quote!!!!

I always like it when people come back more than once, ask a ton of question and otherwise seem VERY excited about adoptng one of our cats. I'd be very happy if you were doing these things with regards to one of our kitties!

Originally Posted by valanhb

Good luck and lots of Get the Baby vibes!

I have to say, when we filled out the application for Mojo I felt really good about it because of everything I've learned here at TCS. When we left I told Earl, "I'm pretty sure that I aced their quiz."
I knew that I had the right knowledge on declawing and food, and sure enough - they called the next day saying that we were approved!
Haha, it almost is like a quiz, isn't it? There are some experience and well-informed cat people who come in and are basically on-par with us as far as good care knowledge and the like. I love to see those people, too!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dang! I saw that this thread had gotten a lot longer & hoped there would be a link to pics of your new addition!
I'm disappointed now!

You guys are so awesome, I don't know why they wouldn't pick you!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the thank you note was a fine idea!

I hope you hear something soon. I think we're all just as excited about this new baby kitty as you both are, LOL

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!
they are too cute!! It would be so hard to choose! good luck!!
I am sure Anya would love a playmate.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think that was a GREAT idea
when we were thinking about Antastasia (u had to fill out everything before u even get a chance to actually meet her and get information on her) we wrote her emails and everything and they responded pretty quickly, although we ended up with blue and tessa instead, there was too much things with antastasia she was such abeaty but we did the same thing and they got back to us right away and everything !!!!!!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Emily,
what's the scoop?!
I'm dying to know if your gonna be a new momma today?!
Oh, once you get the baby, I'll be happy to fill you in on all of the kitty-capades that will go on between Anya and the new one.....it'll take about 2 weeks for them to adjust....during this time, my DH must of said take him back 100 times....
he was so worried about his precious LuckyGirl feeling "upset" or "mad" or "not liking him" he didn't want anything to upset the princess.....
And now, huh! The 2 of them are inseperable! Him & Louie are connected at the hip....ok at the ankle!

wishing you lots of baby vibes!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Emily,
what's the scoop?!
I'm dying to know if your gonna be a new momma today?!
Oh, once you get the baby, I'll be happy to fill you in on all of the kitty-capades that will go on between Anya and the new one.....it'll take about 2 weeks for them to adjust....during this time, my DH must of said take him back 100 times....
he was so worried about his precious LuckyGirl feeling "upset" or "mad" or "not liking him" he didn't want anything to upset the princess.....
And now, huh! The 2 of them are inseperable! Him & Louie are connected at the hip....ok at the ankle!

wishing you lots of baby vibes!
I haven't heard back anything yet. Not even a return email from the foster mom that I emailed. She does have a legitimate daytime job though, and not everyone is off today. I'M at work.

Where is lionnessrampant? How long do you usually take to get back to people? When shoud I decide they didn't pick us?

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I haven't heard back anything yet. Not even a return email from the foster mom that I emailed. She does have a legitimate daytime job though, and not everyone is off today. I'M at work.

Where is lionnessrampant? How long do you usually take to get back to people? When shoud I decide they didn't pick us?
I know with me if I have more then one application to go threw it can take me up to a week to decide who gets the baby. If you where applying to adopt one of my fosters you would be top on my list!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was hoping they'd pick you right away, especially with the email & pics of Anya, I think that was brilliant. But I remember, DH & I found this beautiful snow shoe kitten we wanted to adopt, we filled out the paperwork, and expected a call in a day or 2, (thinking that there would be some sense of urgency for getting the kittens into a home & out of a cage) when they didn't call I went & got Louie, then almost 2 weeks later they called me. I told her, I wanted to get a new kitten within a few days cause I was off of work and wanted to be around to help socialize them and keep everyone safe, also with litter training & stuff. I think 2 weeks is a long time to wait for a response.....

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

I was hoping they'd pick you right away, especially with the email & pics of Anya, I think that was brilliant. But I remember, DH & I found this beautiful snow shoe kitten we wanted to adopt, we filled out the paperwork, and expected a call in a day or 2, (thinking that there would be some sense of urgency for getting the kittens into a home & out of a cage) when they didn't call I went & got Louie, then almost 2 weeks later they called me. I told her, I wanted to get a new kitten within a few days cause I was off of work and wanted to be around to help socialize them and keep everyone safe, also with litter training & stuff. I think 2 weeks is a long time to wait for a response.....
At the Humane Society here, it can take up to a week or possibly more to get an application checked. We do call for a vet refernce as well as two personal references, so it all depends on if we can get ahold of them or not! I wouldn't be too worried about not hearing back from them yet. I think their biggest concern is not with getting the kittens out of there so much as it is with finding the perfect home for them.
Which, of course, you are!

I must add, it usually only takes a couple of days to check an application here. Rarely does it take a week or more. It does depend on what your application asked, etc.