Oh, For Crying Out Loud

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been there, done that. Except in my case I called my husband at the office to find out why he hadn't been home all night.

Margret
So I'm curious.....what did he say?
He sighed and audibly imposed patience on his voice as he suggested that I turn on the television and look at the DirecTV guide, because it not only shows the time but also whether it's A.M. or P.M..

I think he may have been with a client at the time.

Margret

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 That's why I don't take naps anymore, way too confusing when I wake up.

:dizzycat:

Columbine Columbine I've made a pot of tea and put sugar and coffee in the cup, then poured tea on top of it before. Not nice, although my hot chocolate/coffee combination wasn't a total disaster.
Nap time at your house must be the best though. Waking up covered in cats. :cloud9: :heartshape:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a real baddie a few weeks ago. I had my doctor print out prescriptions on paper for me as my insurance has a mail order pharmacy. When I left the doctor's office, they gave me an After Visit Summary, which doesn't tell me anything I didn't already know. So I folded the scrips and stuck them in my purse, then the same with the summary. I didn't need the summary, so when I got home I threw the summary in the recycle bin and put the scrips in the basket for bills and such for safekeeping.

A week or so later, I was going to fill one of the scrips, but it wasn't in the mail basket. The After Visit Summary was there, though. I searched and searched for those scrips. Maybe I filed them - nope. Not still in my purse. Not in the recycle bin - I had already emptied it. I called the doctor's office and asked if I left them there. Nope.

Finally, it dawned on me that I had recycled the scrips and kept the summary. Best laid plans and all that. I had to sheepishly call the doctor's office again and ask them to reprint the scrips for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I worked at the paper plant, I worked a 7-day, swing shift. One Saturday morning after finishing my first shift rotation on Friday afternoon, I got out of bed, grabbed my shower, dried my hair, and started getting dressed. I was in the bathroom, muttering about having to go to work. Rick came in and asked, "Dear, what in the name of all that's holy are you doing?" When I said that I was getting ready for work, he gave me that look (you know, the one that says you're a flipping idiot!) and said, "It's Saturday, go back to bed!" So I did.

I've done the wondering if it's AM or PM thing, too. When I was working third shift during the dark, winter months, I'd awaken around 6:00 or so and lay there, wondering. "OK, it's 6:00. Is that 6:00 in the morning or 6:00 at night? What's going on? Am I late to work or can I sleep for another 3 hours?" I honestly didn't know and would have to lie there and try to figure it out.

And one time when Rick was in Oregon, I got up in the morning to go to work. Got my shower, got dressed, and got ready to leave....and couldn't find my keys. I looked all over the house. And then I thought, "No! I did not! I DID NOT!" Opened the front door and, sure enough, there they were. I had never taken them out of the door the night before.

None of this is my fault, you understand. I've been hanging around Dear Richard way, way too long!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Nap time at your house must be the best though. Waking up covered in cats. :cloud9: :heartshape:
That might be the reason for my confusion. Lack of oxygen to the brain because of cats lying on my chest, unable to walk because of cats cutting off the circulation in my legs, can't lift my head up because of cats nesting in my hair.

It's a wonder I've survived this long.

:catman:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I often leave keys in the door.. :gaah:

The other day I had to walk into the living room with a cup-I was holding the juice container instead of cup-cup in frig. :running:

I have triple keys made up. I always loose my keys..in fact last winter I lost my second set of keys-I thought they fell out in my lawn-but the spring came-no keys. Told Jon to use metal detector..nope never happened..just made more keys-some were old keys to vehicles that are long gone..had that set since 2003...I need to make another set up.

Jon leaves stuff in strange areas then gets mad looking for it... for the keys=I put a coffee cup by front door on table and that's where keys go at end of day=no more lost keys.:paperbag:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have triple keys made up. I always loose my keys..in fact last winter I lost my second set of keys-I thought they fell out in my lawn-but the spring came-no keys. Told Jon to use metal detector..nope never happened..just made more keys-some were old keys to vehicles that are long gone..had that set since 2003...I need to make another set up.

Jon leaves stuff in strange areas then gets mad looking for it... for the keys=I put a coffee cup by front door on table and that's where keys go at end of day=no more lost keys.:paperbag:
My co-worker gave me keys to his house, his office and his car. He lives alone with two cats and he worries about something happening to him with nobody to care for the cats. And, one time, he had taken yard brush to a drop-off center. When he got rid of his yard brush, he went to get back into his vehicle and then realized that he had inadvertently thrown his keys out with the brush! He couldn't do anything, he couldn't drive away, get into his house, even his cube at work. He called another co-worker, who went in to work and broke into his cube, where he kept a spare set of keys, and took them to him.

It wasn't too long after that, he gave me a set of keys to everything. I've never had to use them and I hope I never do, but it gave him peace of mind to know that I'd get in there and get his cats out or take care of them, if necessary.

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
There was another time that I put water in my cereal.:doh:

We refrigerate water in milk jugs. So, the next time I made sure to put the water jug on one shelf and the milk on another shelf in the fridge... :paperbag:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am always doing crazy things.. One time I put Orange Juice in my Coffee... yuck

Another time I went to work with 2 different shoes...yup,, but, on my behalf, they were both the same color: Black....

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another time I went to work with 2 different shoes...yup,, but, on my behalf, they were both the same color: Black....
Well, of course they were; if they'd been two different colors you'd have noticed immediately.

Margret

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend and I were going somewhere and met where we would leave one car and go together in the other. I asked her to drive my car since she knew how to get there better than I did. When we finished our shopping and got back to where we had met, she drove around to find the car. I told her in a very concerned voice, " I don't see my car anywhere! " She chuckled and said, " Debbie, we're in your car. ".
:doh2:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am always doing crazy things.. One time I put Orange Juice in my Coffee... yuck

I've done that too. On several occasions... both were black Nikes but one had red accents on them. No one noticed. :lol: :doh:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was having a bowl of tomato soup and I reach in the fridge to get a carton of soy milk to put in the soup. Instead of soy milk I grab a carton of juice and pour it in the soup.

One time I work two different pairs of shoes to work. They were both black.

One time I used a curling iron on my hair and forgot to comb out my hair. I got on the bus that morning and didn't notice any funny stares. It was mid morning before someone asked me if I had a new hair style. I was so embarrassed.

Muffy