Oh, For Crying Out Loud

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm working in the kitchen. And I lost my iPod. I was walking all over the house, looking for that thing. And then I started to panic (I'm known for washing iPods; it's not pretty).

I bet I spent 30 minutes looking everywhere for that damn iPod. I was all over the kitchen, I was in the bathroom, going through laundry, I was in the bedroom looking around, I was back here in this room going through stuff. And the whole time? I was singing along to music. From my iPod. That was connected to the stereo in the living room. :doh::doh: :paperbag: I swear I am losing my mind.

I told Rick about it at lunch and he said he was really glad I "found" it.

It was a brain fart. (I refuse to call it a senior moment!)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Hahaha bet you were swearing up a storm during the entire time right?! "Where's that G D ipod?! D!" LOL.

I have done this with my phone..where the h is it??? in my back pants pocket or shirt pocket...that's why I like mens button up shirts=the left pocket big enough for my phone..lol. And loosing keys when they are in my pocket..etc etc etc. Its not age.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I was cussing a blue streak, I have to admit. All I could think of was that I washed the blasted thing and I knew I'd never hear the end of it. And then I realized that I was singing with Bon Jovi. To what? And honestly, I just stood there and said, "Pam, you are a damn idiot!"

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
I remember this one time in high school when I was looking all over for my gym bag, and I was real late to gym class, and when I finally went in to the locker room to tell the coach that I'd lost my gym bag, I saw that it was on one of the benches. After calling myself stupid, I realized there was a note on it:
"Doug,
Your friends brought me your bag this morning. I can't wait to see the look on your face when you come out of the locker room.
With no regrets,
Coach"

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear I am losing my mind.
I've been steadily losing my mind for ages. I was camping with my friends a few years ago and reading a book by the light of a fire. I had taken my glasses off a few minutes before and then proclaimed, ' I can read without my glasses, it's a miracle.' My friends looked at me agog and pointed out that I was wearing them. I'd totally forgotten that I had put them back on before picking the book up. Mind you, I had sampled a few glasses of 'lemonade' previously.
My lights tripped the other day and the fuse box is in my dark cellar. I proceeded to curse the light bulb that I was trying to turn on because I wouldn't be able to see the fuse box without it. I thought it a just a bad coincidence that both had failed simultaneously.
I've put the coffee and sugar jars in the fridge after making a brew a few times.
I best stop as you may call the people with white coats otherwise.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! Thank you for a good laugh, I really needed it:lol:
:yeah:

Is that like talking to someone on your cell phone, while going around the house looking for your phone and complaining to the other person that you just don't know where your phone went? Uh, yeah, I don't know anyone who's done that. . .:paperbag:
Yep, that would be the one!

I used to have a friend who had developed a need for reading glasses as he aged (unlike me -- I've worn glasses since I was in second grade and have developed a need for trifocals as I aged), and he would regularly fold his glasses and insert one ear piece in the collar of his shirt so they could hang from his collar and be there when he needed them. I spent about a week visiting him once, and at least ten times during that week he went crazy looking for his glasses, hanging there from his collar. I finally said "Steve, I don't understand how you can keep losing part of your face like that." Of course, his problem was that his glasses weren't part of his face, the way they are for those of us who need them for everything....

Winchester Winchester , you're right not to call this a "senior moment" because it isn't. I was doing this kind of thing when I was a teenager; it's just part of being human, and those people who attribute it to aging do a disservice to all of us, giving young people an excuse to discount anyone over the age of 55.

Margret

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work 6am to 230 pm. I got home Wednesday afternoon and dozed off. When I woke up, it was 615. I started cussing up a storm too- and the questions... so many questions...

Why didn't the alarm go off?
How the :censored: did I sleep so long?
Why didn't the cats wake me for their dinner?
What will the dog have left for me on the rug?

I ran out of my room cursing myself out.... then I glanced out the window. It was light out. I stopped. How the :censored: is it light out at 6:15? Lily was watching me with great amusement from her scratcher/lounger. I could almost hear her thinking...

"It's 6:15 PM you big dummy. Now go get me my dinner." :lol: :doh2::gaah:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've put the coffee and sugar jars in the fridge after making a brew a few times.
I best stop as you may call the people with white coats otherwise.
I'll see you your coffee and sugar jars and raise you a kettle! I've been known (on multiple occasions) to make a cup of tea, and then try to put the KETTLE in the fridge instead of the milk:doh: :doh2: :rolleyes:

Cleaning spray has nearly ended up in the fridge multiple times too :paperbag: I swear, the only thing that's stopped me is that neither the kettle or the cleaner will actually fit in our fridge! I'm seriously worried about what my old age will be like...:disturbed:

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I seem to have a propensity towards losing spoons. I've definitely gone to toss a napkin after lunch and instead dropped in my metal spoon, walked back to my seat, and realized that I'm still holding a balled up napkin and wondering where my spoon went. :confused2: :confused:

I have a dedicated cat spoon. A couple of months ago, I used it to dish out their food, then put it somewhere, and for the life of me couldn't figure out where I'd put it. A little while back, it mysteriously turned up in the drying rack all clean and shiny.:dunno:

I swear this is why I only have four spoons. No matter how many I buy, they eventually dwindle down to four.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Lately I've been constantly losing my car keys. I put them in my coat pocket when I get out of the car without realizing it. Once inside I hang up my coat. Then the next day I look in my purse for the keys and freak out because I have to leave and can't find them or remember which coat I put them in. :doh:

I haven't put any unusual items in the fridge but I have been known to put things in the microwave that don't belong there. I just tell myself I have too much on my mind - that's my way of rationalizing. :wink:

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A gal from work whose office is in another building stopped by my office to get copies of some paperwork because her email was down. We chatted for a minute and I told her it would take a bit to get the copies she wanted and if she didn't want to wait I would email them to her. Duh!!