Oh dear. what do i do?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My God those are cute kittens. lol. I can't wait till mine get that old. At least old enough to open the eyes.

yeah two of the four whities have dark brown noses already. The ears and tail fur is still white, but the underlying skin is dark now. So it's clearly changing.

I love that last picture you took today

EDIT: Wait, what's a seal point or a blue? i don't get it.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A seal point cat is the classic Siamese, with dark brown points, the color of a seal. Get it? Blue points have blue points, the color of a Russian Blue cat. There are also flame points, chocolate points, lynx points, etc. You won't know for a while.

These "points" seem to be related to body temperature, by the way.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, Mike has it.

A lot of people will call the color - Siamese, because that is what they are most familiar with, but Siamese is a breed - not a color, and actually "colorpoint" is not a color either - it is a PATTERN.

The "points" come in different colors. Like Mike said, they are heat sensitive and therefore show up on the ears, and face first, then the tail and feet.

So any color a "regular" cat comes in - a colorpoint cat can be. Blue (gray) orange (red or flame point), etc. A seal point is genetically a black cat underneath.

I've never had a colorpoint kitten before so I was excited when these ones came along. If you compare the white on your pointed kittens to the white on your black kittens feet, you may be able to see a difference in the whites.

I have had fun watching this little guy grow. He is by far my most favorite kitten ever, and I will be hard pressed not to adopt him when his time is up. It doesnt help that he is so darn sociable. His litter mates like to stay hidden under the couch where are this little guy likes to curl up on me.

Anyway, if you want to see some examples, just do a google for "colorpoints" and browse through the images. There are a ton there. I had fun trying to guess what my little guys colors would come in as. At first I thought for sure he was gray/dilute. But nope.

The colorpoint gene is a recessive gene. This mean both parents have to carry a copy in order to pass it on to visibly appear on their offspring.

Now I really cant wait to see them grow!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the first so-so picture I could get of any of the newbies.

he's not sleeping, his eyes just aren't open yet

Full size here

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

Originally Posted by fastnoc

Full size here
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww little kitten ears!!!
I just love their little ears when they're still round
ok, I'm a dork

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

Full size here
Oh my stars! He has beautiful markings! He has "spectacles" and he's going to be mitted.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just read the whole thing! I am glad everything worked out well for mom and babies!!!

for you foe being a good helper!!!!

I cant wait for my girl to have hers! Keep the pictures coming! They dont have to be perfect! We just wannna see!!!!!!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just love kitten pictures. I can't think of anything more pleasing than to sit back at my computer with a real light, real sweet cup of coffee at the end of the day to look at kitten pictures. Thanks y'all for sharing. Made my day to see those precious little puddings.