October 2009 Photo Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to say that these pics and their stories have really moved me. We have some wonderful people on this board!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This really is even more amazing than I thought it would be - and I had really high hopes!

But all good things must come to an end, and the submission period will end in just 2 days.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was originally going to post JinJin's pictures, but I couldn't find the original copy of her first photo. So I decided to post Tess, who came to me as a feral kitten last February, and found her forever home this last summer!

Here she is as a terrified, and (seemingly) aggressive kitten:

Here she is after a few months of very hard work on both our parts!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi? We've decided to change the "now" entry to the one of Lazlo with Gary kissing him, holding his head.

Official "now" part of the entry:

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I love when little feral kittens think they can take you on and put on their bravest face, halloween stick up on end fur and hiss and spit - I cant help but laugh at them... now when it is their momma cats doing it its another matter
Ain't that the truth? I wish I had a picture of Stumpy when I first found him. We had no clue that a kitten was living in our storm cellar, heard a kitten screaming in distress one afternoon, and found him when I went to investigate. He was hiding in the corner of the cellar under a pile of wooden crates that had toppled over (we think that's how he lost his tail), and was spitting, hissing and trying to bite me when I attempted to pick him up. His tail was bleeding, he was caked in mud and acting out from the pain. He was trying to bite me the entire time I carried back into the house, but then I dropped him onto my husband's chest (he was laying down) and he immediately calmed down, curled into a ball, started to purr, and was asleep by the time I grabbed a carrier to take him to the vet. So we let him have a nap before I took him in, and DH held him inside his t-shirt for that ride.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Ain't that the truth? I wish I had a picture of Stumpy when I first found him. We had no clue that a kitten was living in our storm cellar, heard a kitten screaming in distress one afternoon, and found him when I went to investigate. He was hiding in the corner of the cellar under a pile of wooden crates that had toppled over (we think that's how he lost his tail), and was spitting, hissing and trying to bite me when I attempted to pick him up. His tail was bleeding, he was caked in mud and acting out from the pain. He was trying to bite me the entire time I carried back into the house, but then I dropped him onto my husband's chest (he was laying down) and he immediately calmed down, curled into a ball, started to purr, and was asleep by the time I grabbed a carrier to take him to the vet. So we let him have a nap before I took him in, and DH held him inside his t-shirt for that ride.
Same thing happened with Lazlo. Well - not the storm cellar part LOL. But we had nothing for cats, so after the vet, we went directly to the pet store. Lazlo crawled down the arm of his shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.