October 2009 Photo Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Beautiful pictures - talk about makeovers! Someone should do a reality show on TV about this - I know I'd be hooked.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many of these pictures brought tears to my eyes. But here is my entry.

Biscotte, a scared little kitten living in the rafters of the barn

Biscotte today, with the love of her life, Wellington.

For the record, here is Wellington's own 'before' picture, the day he was dumped on my doorstep. I was in two minds about whether to enter this one!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny, you are NOT playing fair!

...I don't know who we're going to enter yet - but if we make it to the voting, it's going to be darn hard not to be a traitor - you know how I feel about Biscotte! And just look at those pics!

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Jenny, you are NOT playing fair!

...I don't know who we're going to enter yet - but if we make it to the voting, it's going to be darn hard not to be a traitor - you know how I feel about Biscotte! And just look at those pics!

. It would be cool if you could do a dual entry, maybe, for the before and then the pic of them together as the after. I love Biscotte and Wellington!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK. For right now, this is our entry:

Our first kitty rescue, Lazlo. His family was living in a groundhog hole in the woods behind our home. They went on excursion, leaving him behind. I'm hugely allergic to cats, so we took him in, just to see how things would go...

Unfortunately, we have no pics of the hissing, spitting little kitties outside. We couldn't believe how ready they were to take us on!

Lazlo then:

...and Lazlo now:

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone who cat-napped Biscotte would have both me and Wellington to answer to. And we are a formidable team!

Laurie, I love the smile on Lazlo's face. It's a pity you didn't get a pic of the cats outside - that would have been fun to see.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Anyone who cat-napped Biscotte would have both me and Wellington to answer to. And we are a formidable team!
Nope - couldn't ever break up Wellington and Biscotte.
Guess I'd just have to cat-nap both of them. It's not like I don't love white cats!

Originally Posted by jennyranson

Laurie, I love the smile on Lazlo's face. It's a pity you didn't get a pic of the cats outside - that would have been fun to see.
We didn't have a digital camera then, and who knew where the other clunker was?

We were thinking of going with this pic for the "now" - Lazlo is just in "bliss land" WITH his head being held AND being kissed! ...but Gary takes up too much of the pic:

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gary is photogenic too! And the competition does specifically mention ferals learning to love and trust, so I think it is perfect. Lazlo's expression is priceless.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Lazlo then:
Poor Lazlo looks like, "please don't hurt me." Little did he know that he was just too darn cute to hurt!!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Unfortunately, we have no pics of the hissing, spitting little kitties outside. We couldn't believe how ready they were to take us on!
I love when little feral kittens think they can take you on and put on their bravest face, halloween stick up on end fur and hiss and spit - I cant help but laugh at them... now when it is their momma cats doing it its another matter

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blossom ready to go to the vets 2 days after my son found her dumped near a canal.

And now a spoilt kitty that spends a lot of time snoozing on my bed.

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kalikat

Blossom ready to go to the vets 2 days after my son found her dumped near a canal.

And now a spoilt kitty that spends a lot of time snoozing on my bed.
Oh my heart. That is the sweetest thing ever. Good on you son for finding her, and boo on the people for dumping her. She is a doll.

bazkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here's Kenzie, the little kitty we found on the side of the road at the end of June. Ours and the vet's best age guestimate was about 4 weeks when we found her and when she was weighed in, she weighed a whopping 10.9 ounces! The last thing we were looking for at the time was another kitty, but she made kitty number six, and we actually went out and picked up kitty number seven(!!) so she would have someone her own size to play with!

She still sucks on your ingres when you hold her. I don't know if she'll ever stop doing that or not.

Here she is when we brought her home June 25, 2009: ( my entry pic)

A whole body shot of the day we found her:

And here's the little Princess now, at about 5 1/2 months, in her favorite spot on the cat tree:

Status
Not open for further replies.