Nuts or no nuts?

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I picked that I don't like them in my sweets, but that's only in certain things (like cookies and brownies). Someone mentioned baklava--OMG I love that stuff!
It's been ages since I had it! And I do love chocolate covered nuts (mmm almonds and cashews). But I don't like them in brownies... figure that one out!! LOL

annie'sbengals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of our Bengals would give his right arm (or paw, I guess) to eat pistachios. We buy a big bag of them at Sam's to snack on and he can smell them as soon as we open the bag!

Are pistachios (or any nuts for that matter) OK for cats to eat -- or are they a "no no" like chocolate?

Anne Marie

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Weird title, huh? I am sitting here eating a brownie that hub made, he's testing new recipes again, and this one has nuts on it. Now, mind you, I loooove nuts, alone, in sweets, whatever....even like nutty people! But I had a clerk who like nuts, but didn't like them in her sweets? Never did understand that....but I just wondered where you guys stood? Give me just a sec and the poll answers will be here....
I LOVE mixed salted nuts! I found them at WinCo and bought a bag and discovered I paid about $6.00 for them!
NOT enough salt though, but I find myself eating them for breakfast lunch and diner!

My late Mom used to bake scrumptious toll house cookies but somehow the nuts did not bake well so now days I prefer my cookies and brownies without nuts or my nuts without sweets!

j171978

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hate nuts. I got sick on them once when I was a kid and haven't eaten them since.

ellie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love brownies with walnuts and hersey's almond bar but other than that the only nuts I like to eat plain are cashews and pecans.

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I must be an odd ball. I'd say I'm 50/50. It really depends on my mood. Sometimes I like caramel sundaes with nuts and sometimes without. Same for all other sweets but I never do like to load it with nuts. Most people put too many for me.

Nutty people....that's another story. I seem to draw them to me.

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
THat sounds YUMMY! I am definitely going to try that next time I make brownies!

Originally Posted by Sweets

Tell Hubby that I'm about to divulge my secret recipe for award winning brownies!

I add about a cup of chocolate morsels and 1/2 cup of nuts to the mix, then I sprinkle another cup of morsels and 1/2 cup of chopped nuts on top right after I take the pan out of the oven. The morsels melt and adhere the nuts to the brownies. I've taken first prize in a bake-off using this recipe. I've also experimented with butterscotch morsels and peanut butter morsels

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't like them in anything! Or even on their own, for that matter.