Nuts or no nuts?

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weird title, huh? I am sitting here eating a brownie that hub made, he's testing new recipes again, and this one has nuts on it. Now, mind you, I loooove nuts, alone, in sweets, whatever....even like nutty people! But I had a clerk who like nuts, but didn't like them in her sweets? Never did understand that....but I just wondered where you guys stood? Give me just a sec and the poll answers will be here....

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll put my reply on the poll when it's up, but I'll also comment here. I don't mind nuts in my brownies, if they are pecans -- not walnuts -- and not too many. BUT my strong preference is for no nuts. I do like nuts, but for me brownies are about CHOCOLATE!!! not nuts.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tell Hubby that I'm about to divulge my secret recipe for award winning brownies!

I add about a cup of chocolate morsels and 1/2 cup of nuts to the mix, then I sprinkle another cup of morsels and 1/2 cup of chopped nuts on top right after I take the pan out of the oven. The morsels melt and adhere the nuts to the brownies. I've taken first prize in a bake-off using this recipe. I've also experimented with butterscotch morsels and peanut butter morsels

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, Fran, these brownies are wonderful....nice and chocolatey, not too "gooey" or too dry ..... just right!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweets

Tell Hubby that I'm about to divulge my secret recipe for award winning brownies!

I add about a cup of chocolate morsels and 1/2 cup of nuts to the mix, then I sprinkle another cup of morsels and 1/2 cup of chopped nuts on top right after I take the pan out of the oven. The morsels melt and adhere the nuts to the brownies. I've taken first prize in a bake-off using this recipe. I've also experimented with butterscotch morsels and peanut butter morsels
Egad, now I've got heartburn AND am hungry again!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to snack on nuts (cashews are my faves), but I don't really like them in my sweets. The only exception I'll make is for pralines- they just wouldn't be pralines without the pecans!

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like nuts plain, or in brownies, or chocolate covered, or anything really. Not in salads though or in fruit salads, I don't like that at all..

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me it depends on the nut. No filberts/hazelnuts for me.

But I love them in brownies and cookies (chocolate chip and pecan
) and I like them chocolate covered and plain. Cashews plain esp. good and mom and I will never forgive the Bedford IN Arby's for dropping their cashew chicken salad.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I Loooooove nuts. I love them on top of a sundae, in brownies, in cereal, I really like them on sweet stuff. I eat nuts all the time, they're really good for you , ya know!! I always have peanuts in the shell, cashews, pistachios and almonds in the cabinet
I snack on them whenever I've got a chip craving!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes i am nuts ma'am!

Well its weird like my mother.. lol she likes chocolate but not chocolate ice cream??
I never understood that..

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe he should offer brownies with and without nuts? I prefer them with nuts, but I know a lot of people who don't. My husband is really strange - he eats nuts every evening - peanuts, cashews, walnuts, pecans, pistachios, etc., but he won't eat sweets with nuts inside (nuts on the outside are fine), because he's afraid he'll break a tooth.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nummy.

Nuts in coffee is pretty good; think "Turtle Mocha". Espresso, steamed milk, chocolate, caramel, whipped cream and nuts on top. You get a meal in a drink!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I must be strange. I don't like them in sweets, or bread or anything else for that matter. At least not if there's cooking involved. (I.e. I like nuts in my Chex Mix, but not in or on brownies or bread.) I'm the same with raisins (OK plain, but don't put them IN anything), and corn (OK by itself, but don't put it in a casserole or soup.)

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like nuts, and I like nuts in candy (snickers bars, etc.) but only certain kinds of nuts (no yucky walnuts or pecans) and not in baked goods (cookies, brownies)

big bad wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love nuts !

Pistachio ice cream and pudding
Chocolate covered macadamia nuts
Pecan pie
Black walnut crumbles !

Where is that "drool" smilie anyway ?