Now I’m worried

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, he was over 6 kg before the surgery. He was a bully and always stole Lulu's food. Ugh. They are 18 months old already.
Wow, a big boy for such a young adult! Though that’s about the age Magnus was when we adopted him, and he was definitely a grown-up (hadn’t been neutered, unfortunately). I’m used to thinking of Ash and Lulu as babies, from the photos.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, a big boy for such a young adult! Though that’s about the age Magnus was when we adopted him, and he was definitely a grown-up (hadn’t been neutered, unfortunately). I’m used to thinking of Ash and Lulu as babies, from the photos.
He was always quite a bit bigger and more muscular than her. Now she's the one stealing the food. Maybe I'll have to change the picture someday. I don't want them to grow up, lol. Do you have a photo of Magnus?

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was always quite a bit bigger and more muscular than her. Now she's the one stealing the food. Maybe I'll have to change the picture someday. I don't want them to grow up, lol. Do you have a photo of Magnus?
I know that feeling, I wanted Hadji to stay six months old forever.
I haven’t any really good scans of pics of Maggins, I must take some with this iPad, but for the moment this is the clearest one I have. He always loved that basket (which was full of plastic bags iirc).

51DC7102-3488-40BD-AB29-D2219BF6A58A.jpg

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And look who’s home! All good news, no extractions, her teeth are very good for her age. She woke up about 5.15 and I got her home by 6.30. She’s behaving just as one would expect after a general anaesthetic - eyes a bit dilated, a little wonky on her feet when she got home, and hissing and swatting at poor Daisy every time she sees her. Daisy’s looking quite put-upon, and no wonder! Phoebe’s been quite forgiving to me, even jumped up on her cat tree to give me a kiss with her new fresh breath. She’s been very hungry, I gave her a sachet of Whiskas because her mouth is probably a bit sore after the cleaning, and she’s eaten it right up. Hope she doesn’t start any fights overnight!

F95DCE5A-73A7-4BD4-93DA-E9E2BB6E3DEA.jpeg

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that feeling, I wanted Hadji to stay six months old forever.
I haven’t any really good scans of pics of Maggins, I must take some with this iPad, but for the moment this is the clearest one I have. He always loved that basket (which was full of plastic bags iirc).

View attachment 440853
Awe, that's a great picture! Is he still with us or did he pass on? Looks like sweet and cuddly boy.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And look who’s home! All good news, no extractions, her teeth are very good for her age. She woke up about 5.15 and I got her home by 6.30. She’s behaving just as one would expect after a general anaesthetic - eyes a bit dilated, a little wonky on her feet when she got home, and hissing and swatting at poor Daisy every time she sees her. Daisy’s looking quite put-upon, and no wonder! Phoebe’s been quite forgiving to me, even jumped up on her cat tree to give me a kiss with her new fresh breath. She’s been very hungry, I gave her a sachet of Whiskas because her mouth is probably a bit sore after the cleaning, and she’s eaten it right up. Hope she doesn’t start any fights overnight!

View attachment 440857
Attagirl Feebs (my nickname for her lol)! How is she today?

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe, that's a great picture! Is he still with us or did he pass on? Looks like sweet and cuddly boy.
Sweet and cuddly were the two things he wasn’t! He was a bruiser who spent his life getting into fights. He was coming down with cat flu when we adopted him, and was sweet and cuddly then - but the minute he’d recovered (after an interesting ”green lake” episode when I had to use Vicks in steam to decongest him ... man did it decongest him) he showed his true character. First time I leaned down to pat him he savaged my arm. Didn’t rip, but grabbed and held so hard he left bruises. When I went to work the next day my friends said I looked like I’d been got at by a vampire with bad aim. I learned after that never to approach him from the front. He’d happily accept pats if he didn’t see the hand first. He’d jump onto a lap, but woe betide if you didn’t dump him promptly after a few minutes, and it was never wise to let him sit on your chest. He jumped on a friend once (the same who made the vampire comment) and it’s the only time I saw her intimidated. “L— GET HIM OFF ME!” she screeched through gritted teeth. Years later he was letting my boss at the time pat him while he rubbed her ankles. I saw his eyes change - you know how they go square at the corners when a cat is hunting or about to fight - and I said “He’s had enough.” “Oh no, he’s fine,” she said ... and went home with her hand covered in band-aids.

I always suspected Mags had been badly teased as a kitten or young cat. He was a rescue, brought in from the street, eighteen months and not neutered. But he lived to be 22, despite all his misadventures and trips to the vet, and his last act in this life, when he was blind and I think had had a stroke, was to swipe at the vet who came to euthanise him. Vet’s reaction was a slightly rueful “I rather expected that.”

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Attagirl Feebs (my nickname for her lol)! How is she today?
Feebs is just what I call her, even if I spell it Phoebes! That or Fizzby.

She’s doing well, ate a big meal last night, drank plenty of water and did some big pees during the night, and slept on top of me part of the time, as usual. She hissed at me once and has still been hissing at Daisy a couple of times this morning (poor Daisy had her breakfast on the kitchen bench) but it’s more like normal at present. (The aeroplane ears are because of the neighbour coughing outside.)

DDAD8BDA-1679-40CA-B33F-709CF7DBE7BF.jpeg

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweet and cuddly were the two things he wasn’t! He was a bruiser who spent his life getting into fights. He was coming down with cat flu when we adopted him, and was sweet and cuddly then - but the minute he’d recovered (after an interesting ”green lake” episode when I had to use Vicks in steam to decongest him ... man did it decongest him) he showed his true character. First time I leaned down to pat him he savaged my arm. Didn’t rip, but grabbed and held so hard he left bruises. When I went to work the next day my friends said I looked like I’d been got at by a vampire with bad aim. I learned after that never to approach him from the front. He’d happily accept pats if he didn’t see the hand first. He’d jump onto a lap, but woe betide if you didn’t dump him promptly after a few minutes, and it was never wise to let him sit on your chest. He jumped on a friend once (the same who made the vampire comment) and it’s the only time I saw her intimidated. “L— GET HIM OFF ME!” she screeched through gritted teeth. Years later he was letting my boss at the time pat him while he rubbed her ankles. I saw his eyes change - you know how they go square at the corners when a cat is hunting or about to fight - and I said “He’s had enough.” “Oh no, he’s fine,” she said ... and went home with her hand covered in band-aids.

I always suspected Mags had been badly teased as a kitten or young cat. He was a rescue, brought in from the street, eighteen months and not neutered. But he lived to be 22, despite all his misadventures and trips to the vet, and his last act in this life, when he was blind and I think had had a stroke, was to swipe at the vet who came to euthanise him. Vet’s reaction was a slightly rueful “I rather expected that.”
Boy, was I wrong! Just goes to show that looks can be deceiving. He lived a good long life thanks to you. Thanks for sharing his story. RIP Mags, your momma remebers you well! :hugs:

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feebs is just what I call her, even if I spell it Phoebes! That or Fizzby.

She’s doing well, ate a big meal last night, drank plenty of water and did some big pees during the night, and slept on top of me part of the time, as usual. She hissed at me once and has still been hissing at Daisy a couple of times this morning (poor Daisy had her breakfast on the kitchen bench) but it’s more like normal at present. (The aeroplane ears are because of the neighbour coughing outside.)

View attachment 440887
I typed "Phoebes" at first and then changed it. I thought you'd think I was just spelling her name wrong. :lol:

Sounds like she's doing well. Still a little tender I suppose. She looks comfy on that pillow. My cats do the aeroplane ears when they hear my dog coming up the stairs.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy, was I wrong! Just goes to show that looks can be deceiving.
Exactly the mistake we made when we got him! :lol:

Been a long time now. He passed in 2009, a terrible year. I lost my Katie in January, the week of the Black Saturday bushfires, Magnus in July and Hadji four days later.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I typed "Phoebes" at first and then changed it. I thought you'd think I was just spelling her name wrong. :lol:

Sounds like she's doing well. Still a little tender I suppose. She looks comfy on that pillow. My cats do the aeroplane ears when they hear my dog coming up the stairs.
Yes, she only hissed when I tried to pick her up. She had sticky stuff on her tum which I later realised was gel from an ultrasound - they checked her liver because of the lowered enzymes (and didn’t charge for it). I’ll see if she washes it off herself rather than bother her about it. Bonus is it all cost a lot less than I’d been led to believe - I was expecting over two grand, it was only $850.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she only hissed when I tried to pick her up. She had sticky stuff on her tum which I later realised was gel from an ultrasound - they checked her liver because of the lowered enzymes (and didn’t charge for it). I’ll see if she washes it off herself rather than bother her about it. Bonus is it all cost a lot less than I’d been led to believe - I was expecting over two grand, it was only $850.
Excellent! Can't complain about that.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Exactly the mistake we made when we got him! :lol:

Been a long time now. He passed in 2009, a terrible year. I lost my Katie in January, the week of the Black Saturday bushfires, Magnus in July and Hadji four days later.
That is always the way it seems to go.