Now I’m worried

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phoebe went in to get her teeth cleaned this morning. The vets were going to do a blood test first and text me the results. Five hours after she went in I hadn’t heard from them. Rang up and the nurse said the vet who’d checked them was just scrubbing in but wanted to talk to me afterward. Now I’m wondering what they’ve found that’s an issue. She’s eight, has had mld IBD all her life (no vomiting or diarrhoea, just has to have anallergenic food and a monthly B12 shot to maintain her weight, is lively and happy. I hope to God she doesn’t have some illness developing, especially not cancer …

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know. Perhaps they were just busy or an emergency came in. Don't worry. When do you have to go get her?
You were right!! The vet just rang and said they had a couple of emergencies come in, so she didn’t have time to contact me. Phoebe’s bloodwork is all good, a little low on a liver enzyme but nothing one wouldn’t expect after fasting (she hasn’t eaten in 28 hours now, or drunk in 8) and they’ll check that again at her next 6 monthly checkup. She did very well on the physical. She’s now going in to have her teeth done, and hopefully won’t have to have any out.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You were right!! The vet just rang and said they had a couple of emergencies come in, so she didn’t have time to contact me. Phoebe’s bloodwork is all good, a little low on a liver enzyme but nothing one wouldn’t expect after fasting (she hasn’t eaten in 28 hours now, or drunk in 8) and they’ll check that again at her next 6 monthly checkup. She did very well on the physical. She’s now going in to have her teeth done, and hopefully won’t have to have any out.
There ya go! So happy for you and Phoebe! :dancingblackcat:

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just trying to help. I didn't hear a word all day about Ash and was starting to worry too. It's not always bad news, sometimes they just get busy. She will be home in no time with her pearly whites! :cheerleader::bliss:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just trying to help. I didn't hear a word all day about Ash and was starting to worry too. It's not always bad news, sometimes they just get busy. She will be home in no time with her pearly whites! :cheerleader::bliss:
You definitely helped!
LOL pearly whites is almost what the vet said! :biggrin:

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The little darlings! Nice to see Ash’s fur growing back.
It is really coming in quickly now. I can see his stripes again. I also weighed him today and he's lost weight since his surgery, which is good because he was overweight. He is 4.8 kg now which is almost perfect. I'll be glad when Lulu is done too. Let's hope that I learned something to make it a bit easier this time around.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
For a while as I was reading the thread I was nervous too, until I got to this point.

Yay!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is really coming in quickly now. I can see his stripes again. I also weighed him today and he's lost weight since his surgery, which is good because he was overweight. He is 4.8 kg now which is almost perfect. I'll be glad when Lulu is done too. Let's hope that I learned something to make it a bit easier this time around.
Wow, I wouldn’t have thought he was that much - how old are they now?