November 13!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
So we replaced this beautiful piece of crap....

SamSuck.jpg

With this....

GEFridge.jpg

I loved the Samsung when we first got it. And I still dearly love the appearance of the thing. But the Samsung turned into a SamSuck that we just couldn't handle. The GE is smaller, but Rick says I'll get used to it. There is a drawer in the GE, but it's inside the fridge. In the SS, it was on the outside and I really liked it because you didn't have to open the large fridge doors to get to it.

When the delivery guys got here, they walked into the kitchen and one of the guys said, "This looks brand new!" We think we bought it in 2014; it was the last thing we got when we redid the kitchen. Rick said there were some issues and the guy said, "Yeah. It's a Samsung!" He had one for six months when the ice maker stopped working and it was all downhill from there. Within a year, he had a new GE. The store we bought the GE from refuses to sell SamSucks because they got tired of dealing with all the hassles.

So do I like the GE? It's OK, but I'm not overly thrilled with it. I'll get used to it. As long as we get ice from the thing and the temps don't go crazy, I'll be OK.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The last GE fridge we had lasted 20 years and through 3 moves. We currently have a GE stove.

I will say, "Holy crap! That water is cold!" We're not used to such cold water coming out of the fridge! The first thing I do in the morning is take Rick's meds back to him in bed with a glass of water. He even remarked on how cold the water was.

It's small, considering the size of the SamSuck. I'm going to have issues with space for a while. Not a lot of room for taller items, either in the fridge or in the door, even with adjusting the shelves. And because the icemaker is on the left door, I don't know why they even put shelves on that door. The largest item I can put on those shelves is about the diameter of a spice jar, so that is space that's gone in the GE.

I loved the drawer in the SamSuck. Perfect for soda, perfect to throw a platter in, perfect for a lot of things. The GE has a drawer, too, but it's on the inside of the fridge, which means that to put anything in the drawer, I have to open both doors. The drawer isn't tall enough, so there's not a lot of room to handle things.

Rick says these are minor issues and I guess they are. I'll let him figure out where to put the turkey!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes those are issues but you have ice, cold water and no more milk that went bad before it's time. I had food poisoning once many years ago and I am paranoid about food safety so I would much prefer the refrigerator that can be trusted.