November 13!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm counting down the days to November 13th!!

November 13th! WooHoo! What's so special about Nov 13th? It's the day our new GE fridge is being delivered! Got the phone call this morning! Happy Dance! I told Dear Richard to take the SamSuck out to the backyard and we'll beat the ever-loving crap out of it. Enough!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, there's really not much it, to be honest. Most of the chilled stuff is in the fridge in the WeShed because we don't trust the Samsuck at all. The bottom freezer is pretty much bare, too. Two large bags of ice (because the SS's icemaker stopped working). Some packages of brats. That's about it. Everything else we have to keep in the freezers in the basement.

It will be nice to have a fridge that we can stock up with again!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'm counting down the days to November 13th!!

November 13th! WooHoo! What's so special about Nov 13th? It's the day our new GE fridge is being delivered! Got the phone call this morning! Happy Dance! I told Dear Richard to take the SamSuck out to the backyard and we'll beat the ever-loving crap out of it. Enough!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
"Samsuck", LOL!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the only thing Samsung does well is cell phones. I am on my second one.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Their TVs aren't bad. We have two of them.

I had a Samsung Galaxy 9+ cell for quite a while and I really liked it.

But their appliances? Nope, nope, nope.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Talked to the store today. We are set for Saturday at around 10:00. No delivery fee, but a charge of $30 for taking the SamSuck.
Rick has been trying to contact PP & L (our electric co) because they used to take fridges and such and pay $30. We had heard the price is now $50 that they'll pay us. If that's true and they can take it rather quickly, we'll let them do it. If not, we'll let the appliance store take it and just pay the $30. I just want the SamSuck out of the house at this point.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
congrats on the new fridge. I have had a Samsung stove for maybe six years. It was cheap and it works okay, but it has a stainless finish that is really hard to clean. Some times regardless of name brand you have poor luck with appliances. When remodeled my kitchen and bought all new appliances it went like this:

1) Electrolux fridge, top of the line because it was the only one that would fit my space. About a month in began continuously dispensing water on its own. It took three service calls and finally replacement of the entire door before it was fixed.
2) GE Profile Microwave. Quit working four or five months in so warranty repair
3) GE Dishwasher. Recalled and repaired
4) Frigidaire Stove. Was eight years old when the control panel on top burst into flames, melting the panel and scorching the wall before it extinguished itself. I had it repaired but never trusted it afterwards and replaced it not long after that with the Samsung

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Today is Fridge Day! FWIW, Rick got the milk out of the fridge this morning; we bought this quart of milk last Friday. And it was "chunky". OMG. I'm not a big milk fan anyway and this isn't doing much to help me out. Talk about an odor! Milk that's just one day over a week old?! :cringe: :barf:I'm telling you, the sooner the better!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats and happy for ya!

i also replaced my samsuck with a new one. Now its placed in one of the rooms, stuffed only with eggs. LOL