Not too rich dry cat food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mycatpaulie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just got a call from the vet his blood test were good except for one little thing with his liver that wasn't a big deal. I am taking him now to do somthing where they take a fecal sample and then a swab, I don't really know what it is but they said it is the next step in figure out what's wrong. Then if that comes back negative we would do an ultrasound, does anyone know if the unltrasound would be able to tell her he has IBS? I heard raw diets can be good for cats with IBS but I don't know what a raw diet is, it would have to be chicken and corn free since those are two possible allergies.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyCatPaulie

I just got a call from the vet his blood test were good except for one little thing with his liver that wasn't a big deal. I am taking him now to do somthing where they take a fecal sample and then a swab, I don't really know what it is but they said it is the next step in figure out what's wrong. Then if that comes back negative we would do an ultrasound, does anyone know if the unltrasound would be able to tell her he has IBS? I heard raw diets can be good for cats with IBS but I don't know what a raw diet is, it would have to be chicken and corn free since those are two possible allergies.
We have a raw feeding sub forum... I CAUTION you to ONLY try it with your vets help

mycatpaulie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Sharky! Paulie hasn't had a BM since Wednesday at 8am I don't know if I should call the vet or what. I know she said the Met sometimes slows everything up but he's been off that since last Friday. Do you think I should call?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has Paulie been eating normally? If so, that would be a bit alarming - can you imagine not going that many days yourself?

I suggest you do call the vet. It's just a call, a few minutes, and you'll know if this should be treated with a vet visit or not.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Has Paulie been eating normally? If so, that would be a bit alarming - can you imagine not going that many days yourself?

I suggest you do call the vet. It's just a call, a few minutes, and you'll know if this should be treated with a vet visit or not.
Strange said it ... Please call the vet

mycatpaulie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for both of your help! I talked to the vet he said the medication does make them constipated and to just make sure he isn't straining to go. I hope he goes tonight or I will be really nervous. I have an ER vet close to me so if he doesn't go by tomorrow morning I think I will call them. I am so worried somthing is cauing a block but he's acting normal. Thanks again for the help.