Not knowing hurts more than I would have thought.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Isn't it amazing to think you have your 3 big kittens leaping around now all because of this beautiful little cat, and that they all carry so much of their mother's behaviours and personality.  Life is so unpredictable and even the most painful experiences can bring wonderful times.   
  Baby Kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It really is amazing. And even though I am still upset about loosing her, it doesn't hurt as much because of them. 

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I'm a little late to this one, but when I read this thread I was fuming with rage, and so was my vet wife. This is nothing but incompetence, which led to tragedy. I can sense, and understand the rage you felt. I hope, a couple of months later, that the immediacy of the pain is lessening, although I suspect you have some way to go in your grief. 

So very sorry for your loss.

G

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today at 6:09 my Baby kitty (aka Morticia) died. I don't know why so they are doing the autopsy and I should know tomorrow. 1 year was not enough time with you my sweet kitty. I already miss you so much. We just go
you spayed and now you are gone. I would like to say that you went peacefully but I know that is not true. I sat with you while you seized and cried out in pain. I cried when I knew you
weren't going to make it. My sweet little baby kitty I am sorry that you hurt so much. I wish you could have gone in your sleep laying on my stomach. I will miss you so much. Your kittens will miss you so much. Our time together was short, but hopefully you are in a better place now. I love you my little girl. I hope you find Peace across the rainbow bridge. RIP Baby kitty.
I am sorry for your loss.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not think we can sue them as I am pretty sure we signed a waver. The spayed so many other pets that day. I am worried that it is not only my pet that was hurt. I cannot even express in words how muchit hurts to know that they killed my baby and they might have killed others.
can you not report them to the vet association?

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I know I'm a little late to this one, but when I read this thread I was fuming with rage, and so was my vet wife. This is nothing but incompetence, which led to tragedy. I can sense, and understand the rage you felt. I hope, a couple of months later, that the immediacy of the pain is lessening, although I suspect you have some way to go in your grief. 

So very sorry for your loss.

G
When I found out that they really did cause her to die , I was so overwhelmed with grief and anger that I couldn't think straight. After a few days I realized that this is a very rare thing that happens. I contacted them hoping that they would start using stitches instead of tying it in a knot. All I was told was "We will talk about this in our next meeting so that we can see if we can make any changes so that this doesn't happen again...." . The pain is still here. I look at her kittens and wish that their mom was here with them. Most of all I wish my baby kitty was here. Though it still hurts I know nothing would have changed the outcome, unless we didn't take her. I think something that really made me angry was that I chose to take her in. I didn't want her to have another litter. Knowing that I made the choice that in the end killed her, I think that got me most of all. I still think that if I had decided not to take her that day, she would still be alive. If I had told my mom that the kittens needed a little more time to nurse we would have waited and she would still be here. I am in college right now, I always wanted to be a vet, I decided that I will own my own clinic for those who are low income and when spaying the vets that will work there will not tie a knot. I would hat for something like this to happen to someone else. I still don't know what I am going to name it. Something that has her name in it just don't know what yet. It is nice to know that my family is not the only one that was livid. Thank you to you and your wife. 

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your condolences. I am not sure how I would go about that, but they do good work for those who can't afford to pay a lot of money to fix their pets. If they would use stitches instead of tying it in a knot it would be better.