No More Fancy Feast !

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Cool, thanks .  I won't get to Petsmart  till next week but if they still have it I will get a can ..
Pride is very good food but it's not pate. Keep that in mind. My cats love the Pride chicken, duck, rabbit and lamb. I think Pride comes in flaked and minced versions of all the proteins. It's a good quality food. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Pride is very good food but it's not pate. Keep that in mind. My cats love the Pride chicken, duck, rabbit and lamb. I think Pride comes in flaked and minced versions of all the proteins. It's a good quality food. 
Great thanks , my cats will not eat anything other than pate ..

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You crack me up, 2cats4me. I love reading about your cat canned feeding adventures. We were in the same boat when our cats wouldn't touch wet food. Finally got Mosi on canned Purina One Pairings for one meal a day. Don't want to push it due to it being only 3 weeks now and I really don't like the ingredients. Batch to batch isn't consistent either.
I'm still trying other cans, but she is being stubborn. I tried a Dave's pate and she actually ate a few bites, but didn't care for the texture.
I know , it is crazy isn't it . Cats are so darn stubborn .. 

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I personally like Wild Calling, very reasonable for limited ingredient with novel proteins.  It's along the same lines as Hounds and Gatos.  Some people shy away from it because they use the same processing facility as Evangers.  The only things I found about Evanger's was some business practices that may have been a little shady, nothing really proven though.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I personally like Wild Calling, very reasonable for limited ingredient with novel proteins.  It's along the same lines as Hounds and Gatos.  Some people shy away from it because they use the same processing facility as Evangers.  The only things I found about Evanger's was some business practices that may have been a little shady, nothing really proven though.
Thank you , I saw Wild Calling at Pet Life yesterday when I picked up my assortment . I think it was $1.69  a 5.5 oz can . Not too bad . I will try a can next time I go shopping .. 

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another One Bites The Dust  !

Hound & Gatos Beef is a NO GO ...

It sat there all night and they never touched it .. This morning I gave them the other 1/2 with a little kibble on top and still not interested ..

I  will try the Pork flavor next , then the Lamb, Chicken , Salmon flavor ...

They are challenging me but this time I will win ... Maybe  

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine liked the pride daredevil duck and lucky lamb I bought on clearance at Petsmart for $1 off each can (it is chunks) not Pate. Now I can add another protein, lamb, to their chicken,duck, and rabbit menu. So they are eating pate, chunks, and shreds. PURRFECT, I had PBJ sandwich for dinner because I spent all my money at Pet Smart, of course! I guess that makes me CCL (crazy cat lady) ouch![emoji]128576[/emoji][emoji]128576[/emoji][emoji]128576[/emoji][emoji]128576[/emoji][emoji]128576[/emoji][emoji]128576[/emoji]

Last edited:

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine liked the pride daredevil duck and lucky lamb I bought on clearance at Petsmart for $1 off each can (it is chunks) not Pate. Now I can add another protein, lamb, to their chicken,duck, and rabbit menu. So they are eating pate, chunks, and shreds. PURRFECT, I had PBJ sandwich for dinner because I spent all my money at Pet Smart, of course! I guess that makes me CCL (crazy cat lady) ouch![emoji]128576[/emoji][emoji]128576[/emoji][emoji]128576[/emoji][emoji]128576[/emoji][emoji]128576[/emoji][emoji]128576[/emoji]
Wow , that is a good deal . .  I have to stick to pate though , my cats refuse anything but ..

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what I thought with mine but they proved me wrong with pride line and tiki cat line! Who knew!!!!!!
I am beginning to think it is the flavor more than texture, pride is mor like raw.

Last edited:

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what I thought with mine but they proved me wrong with pride line and tiki cat line! Who knew!!!!!!
I am beginning to think it is the flavor more than texture, pride is mor like raw.
Thanks , maybe I will try some different textures .

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks , maybe I will try some different textures .
I agree with @bonepicker. They like to have different flavors and texture comes second I think.  I was giving mine nothing but pates and they just stopped eating them altogether. They had just had enough. I hit up Petsmart and Petco and did the one of this and one of that thing until I found foods both would like. I found that foods that are mostly or all chicken are Sophie's favorite. She loves the Soulistic chicken from Petco. It's all white meat chicken in a broth like gravy. It is made by Weruva. It's called Good Karma and is in a green can. She also loves the Harvest Sunrise which is the Good Karma with bits of pumpkin. That's in an orange can. They have other flavors but she doesn't like them. She just really likes the chicken and the fact that it's shredded is probably no big deal. I also agree that Pride is more like raw. It's very meaty. I'd try a can or 2 of it out on them. From what I hear, Petsmart has Pride on clearance right now. It's a good time to try it. I need to get my butt over there today to see what they have but I also have Pride on my S&S from Amazon.

If you can find Wellness Divine Duos on sale, they are a good food too. Lilith loves the chicken and duck and chicken and turkey varieties. It's a pate on the bottom with diced meat on top. They are usually pricy though. $1.59 for  2.5 or 3 ounces I think but I keep a few in the rotation for her because it's her favorite. Occasionally, Petsmart or Petco will put them on sale. The online retailers are usually close in price to Petco and Petsmart with these.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LMAO. I just got back from Petsmart myself. I found the Pride on clearance. They are almost out. All 5.5 ounce cans. I bought 1 daredevil's duck, 1 titan's tuna and 2 starlet's salmon. I try to not give them too much fish. The tuna was $1.37, the salmon was $1.57 and the duck was $1.77.

They also had Nutro Natural Choice on sale for $1 with your card. @2catsforme they have very good pates (they call them soft loaf) They only come in 3 ounce cans but a lot of people here have a lot of success with them.  They come in a good variety of flavors. They also have a chunky loaf which is pate with bits in it. That has gotten a lot of good reviews here and also comes in a good variety of flavors. My Petsmart has boxes in the aisle that gives you 2 cans free when you buy 18. That made them .89 a can. If you had to feed 2 it would come out to $1.78 and you could mix flavors. I do that all the time. For me, it's one of the benefits of the 3 ounce can. If you try a few cans and they go over well, you can get good deals on cases from chewy.com, wag.com and petfooddirect.com.

They also had Wellness Divine Duos on sale for $1.20. I bought 4. Lilith will be happy. I looked. They are 2.8 ounces.

Last edited:

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LMAO. I just got back from Petsmart myself. I found the Pride on clearance. They are almost out. All 5.5 ounce cans. I bought 1 daredevil's duck, 1 titan's tuna and 2 starlet's salmon. I try to not give them too much fish. The tuna was $1.37, the salmon was $1.57 and the duck was $1.77.

They also had Nutro Natural Choice on sale for $1 with your card. @2catsforme they have very good pates (they call them soft loaf) They only come in 3 ounce cans but a lot of people here have a lot of success with them.  They come in a good variety of flavors. They also have a chunky loaf which is pate with bits in it. That has gotten a lot of good reviews here and also comes in a good variety of flavors. My Petsmart has boxes in the aisle that gives you 2 cans free when you buy 18. That made them .89 a can. If you had to feed 2 it would come out to $1.78 and you could mix flavors. I do that all the time. For me, it's one of the benefits of the 3 ounce can. If you try a few cans and they go over well, you can get good deals on cases from chewy.com, wag.com and petfooddirect.com.

They also had Wellness Divine Duos on sale for $1.20. I bought 4. Lilith will be happy. I looked. They are 2.8 ounces.
Great , thank you ..

howsefrau32

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Another One Bites The Dust  !

Hound & Gatos Beef is a NO GO ...

It sat there all night and they never touched it .. This morning I gave them the other 1/2 with a little kibble on top and still not interested ..

I  will try the Pork flavor next , then the Lamb, Chicken , Salmon flavor ...

They are challenging me but this time I will win ... Maybe  
Two of my four cats will not touch beef.  I know other people who say the same thing.  I have another cat who will eat it, but projectile vomit it within 2 minutes of eating it and we believe she is highly allergic to beef.  I have always heard that beef is not the best choice anyway for cats, that it was not something they would have eaten in the wild.  I don't know how good that argument is, or that I explained it very well, but I kind of feel that way.  

I recently was able to get my last little girl kitty, a lost stray that no one claimed and who has been our baby for a year next month, just got her off of fancy feast.  Whew! It was not easy, and she is still pretty fussy about eating what my other cats are eating, but if I keep offering it to her for a few hours in the morning, she always does end up eating it.  

My cats have mostly ate Wellness, chicken and turkey, but I do also rotate other foods, including, Weruva, Tikki cat chicken, and Soulistic, and my sick kitty seems to tolerate this better than the other foods.  

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Two of my four cats will not touch beef.  I know other people who say the same thing.  I have another cat who will eat it, but projectile vomit it within 2 minutes of eating it and we believe she is highly allergic to beef.  I have always heard that beef is not the best choice anyway for cats, that it was not something they would have eaten in the wild.  I don't know how good that argument is, or that I explained it very well, but I kind of feel that way.  

I recently was able to get my last little girl kitty, a lost stray that no one claimed and who has been our baby for a year next month, just got her off of fancy feast.  Whew! It was not easy, and she is still pretty fussy about eating what my other cats are eating, but if I keep offering it to her for a few hours in the morning, she always does end up eating it.  

My cats have mostly ate Wellness, chicken and turkey, but I do also rotate other foods, including, Weruva, Tikki cat chicken, and Soulistic, and my sick kitty seems to tolerate this better than the other foods.  
Yeah , it is going to be a challenge for me that is for sure ..

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My cats won't touch beef or pork cat food. They HATED the beef and pork NVI. They wouldn't touch them on their own or mixed with anything. Does that mean they don't like pork or beef? Nope. I have to eat steak and pork chops grilled plain. They demand some. Sophie is not big on human food but when she knows I have steak, she gets so excited she drools. I call Lilith my little snapping turtle when it comes to meat from my plate. She wants it now and snatches it from my fingers. Sophie is much more delicate about it.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My cats won't touch beef or pork cat food. They HATED the beef and pork NVI. They wouldn't touch them on their own or mixed with anything. Does that mean they don't like pork or beef? Nope. I have to eat steak and pork chops grilled plain. They demand some. Sophie is not big on human food but when she knows I have steak, she gets so excited she drools. I call Lilith my little snapping turtle when it comes to meat from my plate. She wants it now and snatches it from my fingers. Sophie is much more delicate about it.
My cats would not eat any of the Hound & Gatos flavors no matter how I served it .  

I currently have 3 brands left to try ..

Daves 

Natural Balance Ultra 

Great Choice